View Poll Results: Who's next to be in the Straw-Hat Crew?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jinbe

4 21.05%
  • Trafalgar Law

0 0%
  • Caesar Clown

1 5.26%
  • Kinemon (The Samurai)

6 31.58%
  • Caribou

0 0%
  • Other, namely...

8 42.11%
Page 455 of 468 FirstFirst ... 355 405 445 453 454 455 456 457 465 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,550 of 4675
    I guess the Samurai could be a temp member like Vivi. Then again, they got rid of Vivi because she didn't really have a profession.

Kinemon is way too strong for the crew. First off, he is from Wano, a land that stands on the same footing as the World Government in power, but he also traveled from Wano to Punk Hazard by himself as far as we know. I would put him on the same footing(maybe higher) than the Monster Trio. Most he will do is travel with them and get them into Wano.

Law will be an ally and rival along with all the other Supernovas.
    Jinbe will just be an ally.
    CC is a straight up no. Really? He is a logia? Is that it? Stop it.
    Caribou isn't out of the story but is done with the straw hats.
    Monet is way to similar to Nami and Robin.
    Smoker and Tashigi are the marine rivals for Luffy and Zoro so they can't join.
    Kinemons' son is more than likely too young. This is going off of the child kidnappings.
    Mystery Man: doubtful
    Joker: doubtful
    Aokouji: Highly doubtful

I've said it time and again, second island into the new world, island after Punk Hazard, someone will join.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

well i would guess that hes about what 35 40 he could have a kid at the oldest 17 or so. probably not that old but he did not find his son with those kids. meaning he might be older than they are. those other kids where what. 8-9 something like that. choppers only 17 he was 15 when he joined. so if his kid is 14-17 its possible hes there and could join. he does not necessarily have to be a young kid. he did just say a child that could mean any age from 1 to 16 if you want to think of it that way. that's a stretch but still.

i think he (the adult swordsmen) just keeps getting impressed with them. i would not doubt him lending them his sword after they save his son or something like that. who knows. i jsut have a feeling about him. and you all know my feelings are never wrong.............right........................... ...right.......................................... ok maybe not so much. lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Kinemon is way too strong for the crew. First off, he is from Wano, a land that stands on the same footing as the World Government in power, but he also traveled from Wano to Punk Hazard by himself as far as we know. I would put him on the same footing(maybe higher) than the Monster Trio. Most he will do is travel with them and get them into Wano.

Law will be an ally and rival along with all the other Supernovas.
    Jinbe will just be an ally.
    CC is a straight up no. Really? He is a logia? Is that it? Stop it.
    Caribou isn't out of the story but is done with the straw hats.
    Monet is way to similar to Nami and Robin.
    Smoker and Tashigi are the marine rivals for Luffy and Zoro so they can't join.
    Kinemons' son is more than likely too young. This is going off of the child kidnappings.
    Mystery Man: doubtful
    Joker: doubtful
    Aokouji: Highly doubtful

I've said it time and again, second island into the new world, island after Punk Hazard, someone will join.
    I wouldn't put Kinemon on the same footing as the monster trio after all he was beaten by Law and Law seems to be fine and did not taken any damage. He did travelled alone but who knows, maybe Wano is just on the next island. If Kinemon joins he could be the 4th strongest though Franky might be just as strong. He has hax df though so no, he will not join. Other than that, I agree with the rest.

sig made by me

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    You're kidding right. We're talking about a guy who got his arse pawned by Law. The Monster Trio wouldn't have been taken down that easily. Also, don't forget that the one who was the strongest in all of Wano, the Samurai who slayed a dragon and known as "The King", was defeated by Zoro on Thriller Bark. That and Zoro also slayed a dragon when arriving at Punk Hazard, and Luffy's punches pretty much over powered it.

His strong, I won't question that. His torso alone managed to match Brook who is quite skilled as it is. But don't forget, Brook's improvement over the time skip mainly has been him gaining a freezing sword, and his musical skills improving to the point where it's hypnotic. His swordsmen ship hasn't improved that much if at all. When put back together, Kinemon would also be susceptible to Brook's music as well, so in a straight out battle, I'ld say that he would be on par with Brook and Franky etc, if not weaker. That or he would be on par with the SuperNova's pre-timeskip. Nothing more.

Using Wano to judge is strength is stupid. It's like how East Blue is the weakest of all seas, doesn't change the fact that Garp, Dragon, Luffy, Ace and even Roger are from East Blue and their Top Tier.
    Last edited by ChaosMaster; 06-26-2012 at 01:17 AM.

I'm really having doubts wether Kinemon will join or serve as a power-up for Zoro. A third swordsman on the ship would be lame imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    You're kidding right. We're talking about a guy who got his arse pawned by Law. The Monster Trio wouldn't have been taken down that easily. Also, don't forget that the one who was the strongest in all of Wano, the Samurai who slayed a dragon and known as "The King", was defeated by Zoro on Thriller Bark. That and Zoro also slayed a dragon when arriving at Punk Hazard, and Luffy's punches pretty much over powered it.
    Smoker is on the same level as Luffy and Zoro, yet he is still temporarily immobilized, i'll assume he is since Luffy wouldn't fight with any weak arse fighter for fun.

And Ryuma was actually renowned as "the strongest swordsman in the world of his time", so that shows that first of all, Wano makes one men hell of a swordsman (so i won't even start on about how he was a zombie with the fighting skills of Brook) and secondly that the world of swordsmen have got better since Ryuma which must mean Wano would have got a whole lot better as well.

To disregard Wano would be madness, like saying Hawkeye's sensei probably wasn't even a good swordsman and all of his other students probably are at East blue standard at best,
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

“Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character”
    T. Alan Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by Gypseslice View Post
    Smoker is on the same level as Luffy and Zoro, yet he is still temporarily immobilized, i'll assume he is since Luffy wouldn't fight with any weak arse fighter for fun.
    Is he though? Don't forget that Luffy spent those 2 years training all that time. Smoker hasn't. That and logia's are known to be too reliant on their ability. Even if we ignored all that, from what we've seen Luffy do against Ceaser, shows that his a lot stronger than what Smoker is capable of. Luffy's fast enough to out run an explosion in mid air, his CoA is strong enough to hold a logia and has surpassed that to be able to actually become armour. His resistant to poison and he has CoC to top it off. From what we've seen from Smoker, in terms of speed alone, he falls way behind Luffy.

And Ryuma was actually renowned as "the strongest swordsman in the world of his time", so that shows that first of all, Wano makes one men hell of a swordsman (so i won't even start on about how he was a zombie with the fighting skills of Brook) and secondly that the world of swordsmen have got better since Ryuma which must mean Wano would have got a whole lot better as well.
    While I agree with this. It has never been said that the World of Swordsmen have improved. Heck, we haven't even been shown that the whole itself has improved. From what we've seen, there hasn't been another standout marine like Garp. There hasn't been another PK like Roger yet. Heck, the people from the ancient times managed to design and build all these world destroying weapons, while those of the current time who wish to do the same are forced to rely on the designs of the old ones.

To disregard Wano would be madness, like saying Hawkeye's sensei probably wasn't even a good swordsman and all of his other students probably are at East blue standard at best,
    This makes no sense no matter how I read it. Can anyone please translate this to me? Hows it relate to what I said? Maybe my example wasn't clear enough so here's another. It's like saying Roger's crew was the strongest out there, doesn't mean that Buggy is anything special.

Is he though? Don't forget that Luffy spent those 2 years training all that time. Smoker hasn't. That and logia's are known to be too reliant on their ability. Even if we ignored all that, from what we've seen Luffy do against Ceaser, shows that his a lot stronger than what Smoker is capable of. Luffy's fast enough to out run an explosion in mid air, his CoA is strong enough to hold a logia and has surpassed that to be able to actually become armour. His resistant to poison and he has CoC to top it off. From what we've seen from Smoker, in terms of speed alone, he falls way behind Luffy.
    WE know pretty much nothing about Smoker's abilities as they stand but saying because he is a Logia, he is heavily reliant on his abilities can't actually be proven, as we know with the Admirals being Logias they faced Haki users from WB's crew and were reasonably victorious. Smoker being a Vice Admiral would not be that reliant on his abilities seeing as he's directly under the Admirals.

Luffy, i would say now is at the same level as commander of WB crew(to say otherwise at the moment would overestimation of Luffy's talent seeing as a commander of WB crew would have been learning Haki for possibly decades) and Vista was just about able to take on Vice Admiral Ronse and he was an experienced member of WB since way back in Roger's time.

While I agree with this. It has never been said that the World of Swordsmen have improved. Heck, we haven't even been shown that the whole itself has improved. From what we've seen, there hasn't been another standout marine like Garp. There hasn't been another PK like Roger yet. Heck, the people from the ancient times managed to design and build all these world destroying weapons, while those of the current time who wish to do the same are forced to rely on the designs of the old ones.
    Sooo that means the Samurai of Wano could have any swordsmanship skill ranging from Mihawk to Hatchan, but probably approaching the higher end.

I don't believe you understood what i was suggesting, that while you believed he was the strongest in all of Wano, meaning that would have meant that was Wano's skill at it's highest, so when it turned out he was the strongest in the world for his time i was just offering some reprieve by suggesting that swordsmen in general had gotten better since he's time.

This makes no sense no matter how I read it. Can anyone please translate this to me? Hows it relate to what I said? Maybe my example wasn't clear enough so here's another. It's like saying Roger's crew was the strongest out there, doesn't mean that Buggy is anything special.
    It doesn't relate to what you said, that's why i didn't attempt to dissect your comment or even post the quote as you may notice, i was merely offering another example to go with what i was explaining.

In layman's terms Wano has already shown that it makes great swordsman with no evidence to the contrary at the moment, so it would be pure madness to assume that the Samurai couldn't be on the Monster Trio's level while it's possible he could be one of the greatest swordsman in the world, which i'm neither suggesting or denying it's just an observation of the facts i have laid in front of me.
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

“Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character”
    T. Alan Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by Gypseslice View Post
    WE know pretty much nothing about Smoker's abilities as they stand but saying because he is a Logia, he is heavily reliant on his abilities can't actually be proven, as we know with the Admirals being Logias they faced Haki users from WB's crew and were reasonably victorious. Smoker being a Vice Admiral would not be that reliant on his abilities seeing as he's directly under the Admirals.
    Which is why I also added: "even if we ignored all that". But for the sake of debate, I'll continue. From what we've seen, even after the body switch, users can still make use of their previous techinques, including haki. As we've seen from what Sanji has shown us in Nami's body. Tashigi's body is a fine one. She's trained a lot more for direct combat, as a swordswomen, than Nami ever would (ranged fighter - navigator). Yet from what we've seen, Smoker in her body is actually really weak. They were struggling against those fodder half man half beast from Ceasers side. I mean I get Tashigi not knowing how to control smoker's df power, but smoker himself has fallen quite a bit in power.

That and the fact that we've seen Smoker go all out against Law. We know his speed and power. His speed comes from his DF. Without it, his your average joe (ok, his stronger and faster but just for example sake). How can one not say his reliant on his DF? If you look at Sanji, he can still use Blue Walk, he can most likely use Sky Walk, not to mention lay some pretty mean kicks. If you look at Luffy, he would still have his CoA and CoO to help him fight, much like Garp does. He would still have Soru, although he wouldn't be as fast as he is in Gear 2nd.

Finally, you still can't take away the fact that we've seen Smoker's max speed, and we've seen Luffy's. The difference is too great. We've also seen Smoker's Haki, and we know Luffy's haki is of a much higher level. There's no comparison. Vice Admiral he maybe, but his entry level Vice Admiral at most. We can't really use that to judge too much. It's like saying Smoker was Captain pre-timeskip, yet Drake was Rear Admiral. Had they fought, I'm pretty sure Smoker would have won.
    Luffy, i would say now is at the same level as commander of WB crew(to say otherwise at the moment would overestimation of Luffy's talent seeing as a commander of WB crew would have been learning Haki for possibly decades) and Vista was just about able to take on Vice Admiral Ronse and he was an experienced member of WB since way back in Roger's time.
    I'ld say that you're over estimating Luffy a bit. I guess if you compared him to the weaker Commanders, yes he is as strong or stronger. But if you compare him to the top 5 (of which 3 are left), he still has some room for improvement. Can't see him beating Marco, Jaws or Vista any time soon.
    Sooo that means the Samurai of Wano could have any swordsmanship skill ranging from Mihawk to Hatchan, but probably approaching the higher end.
    I don't believe you understood what i was suggesting, that while you believed he was the strongest in all of Wano, meaning that would have meant that was Wano's skill at it's highest, so when it turned out he was the strongest in the world for his time i was just offering some reprieve by suggesting that swordsmen in general had gotten better since he's time.
    My point exactly. That's exactly what I said. Heck, I even used my Buggy and Roger comparison. Don't forget that I said it was silly to use Wano to judge strength. You're the one who said not to use it is madness.
    It doesn't relate to what you said, that's why i didn't attempt to dissect your comment or even post the quote as you may notice, i was merely offering another example to go with what i was explaining.
    In layman's terms Wano has already shown that it makes great swordsman with no evidence to the contrary at the moment, so it would be pure madness to assume that the Samurai couldn't be on the Monster Trio's level while it's possible he could be one of the greatest swordsman in the world, which i'm neither suggesting or denying it's just an observation of the facts i have laid in front of me.
    Neither am I. As I said, I agreed with the part where there could have been improvement over time. I've just said that there's nothing to prove it, and if he was above that of the Monster Trio then Law should have been a cake walk.