View Poll Results: Who's next to be in the Straw-Hat Crew?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jinbe

    4 21.05%
  • Trafalgar Law

    0 0%
  • Caesar Clown

    1 5.26%
  • Kinemon (The Samurai)

    6 31.58%
  • Caribou

    0 0%
  • Other, namely...

    8 42.11%
Page 375 of 468 FirstFirst ... 275 325 365 373 374 375 376 377 385 425 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 4675
  1. #3741
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,776
    UM excuse me we can fish all we want thats the point of the thread LOL
    and no the creeps will not join and if you were talking to me i have said all along it will not be jimbi
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #3742
    Senior Member FenixMarco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    3,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Flare Blitz View Post
    Im sure oda could make up what u call 'a major logical story wise reason' for a fishman to join,
    the same could be said about Robin before she joined... Who would have guessed miss All Sunday of the enemy BW-organisation would join the SHs?
    It was only near the end of the Alabasta* arc we finally got our awnser.
    So don't ask ME to come up for a good theory, but I'm just saying Oda could easily make up plenty of reasons for a fishman to join.
    Like the discrimination against the fishman, or some personal goal that luffy also likes and could eventiually benefit the SHs, like all the others have.
    And you know as well as i do how handy it'd be to have a fishman on the team.
    Yeah if your throwing sh*t at the wall it sounds right, but that could be said about Perona,Boa,Jimbei and so on.
    You said there are plenty of reasons for a fishman to join but so far those haven't even appeared yet. As of right now in the story, there are more reasons for a fishman not to join than anything, story wise.

    Here are a few straight to the point reasons why fishman won't join.
    -It's so freaking predictable it's not even funny, especially for someone of Oda's caliber.
    -Fishman are already intimidating world wide, they are already 10x's stronger than humans. Don't go in depth thinking about this (meaning comparing characters) just view the whole picture of the story or you'll miss the point.

    In the end a fishman is like Perona so much hype for it and many little things Oda put in the story to get the readers to think they'll join forgetting that is almost is or borderline bad story telling. Oda's a beast keeping the younger crowd and the mature crowd still interested in this yet but still simple story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypseslice View Post
    Exactally plus i don't really see the big arguement of there 'not being a major wise reason' because is there a major wise reason for it not being possible or is it that one of you guys just think it wouldn't be cool, it is very frequent that in the same arc that we find out what the group need is when we find a new job so lets just play this one by ear and list our opinions without being counter productive
    Once you fix that you'll be on the road to being better story literate.

  3. #3743
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,776
    well two problems with you reasons

    one there are plenty of ways that oda can make it not so predictable and still add a fish man, a half/something half fish man would be unique. BUT i agree fish men are predictable.

    the second is half of the crew is more than ten times stronger than a normal human so that fact would not really make a dent to the crew intimidation factor much, or seem over powering to most of the crew.

    but i do agree, even though i think a fish man is a good idea for the crew it is a bit predictable and we (me included) may be looking to much in to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #3744
    Sex on Fire Flare Blitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,266
    The "oda-being-unpredictable-factor" doesn't necessarily mean it 100% won't happen...
    tbf i personally don't think one IS going to join, but i'm just saying i wouldn't mind, and the odds are deffinitly not 0% is wat i'm trying to say here.
    And we all know that whatever 'reason' someone can provide -how frikkin ingenious it might even be-, it's easy as f*uck to counter it since it's OP we're talking about anyway.
    And what use would perona and many others have on th SH-crew? none what so ever, unlike a fishman...
    Now i know the water-related tasks could be countered by saying: frankie and his inventions can do those jobs, well as proven 2ce... they're not as solid as they look.
    Who knows what lurks in the NW-sea?
    Last edited by Flare Blitz; 11-05-2010 at 01:28 AM.

  5. #3745
    Senior Member FenixMarco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    3,704
    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    well two problems with you reasons

    one there are plenty of ways that oda can make it not so predictable and still add a fish man, a half/something half fish man would be unique. BUT i agree fish men are predictable.

    the second is half of the crew is more than ten times stronger than a normal human so that fact would not really make a dent to the crew intimidation factor much, or seem over powering to most of the crew.

    but i do agree, even though i think a fish man is a good idea for the crew it is a bit predictable and we (me included) may be looking to much in to it.

    Again with the so many ways Oda can do this and can do that, that's called fandom for the most part without any concrete story elements using it. That could be said for anything in any manga, just throwing shit at the wall. That's what some what were I was leaning on being any major reason for fishman as of yet.

    And I even tipped you on not to look at it character depth or you would miss the point and you still missed it. Your comparing the fishmen to the SH's and not to what is common knowledge already in the One Piece world.

    It is not just a bit predictable, it's vastly predictable. Especially since we learn about them since who knows how long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flare Blitz View Post
    The "oda-being-unpredictable-factor" doesn't necessarily mean it 100% won't happen...
    tbf i personally don't think one IS going to join, but i'm just saying i wouldn't mind, and the odds are deffinitly not 0% is wat i'm trying to say here.
    And we all know that whatever 'reason' someone can provide -how frikkin ingenious it might even be-, it's easy as f*uck to counter it since it's OP we're talking about anyway.
    And what use would perona and many others have on th SH-crew? none what so ever, unlike a fishman...
    Well even if you don't view it as Oda-being-unpredictable, it pretty much is that easy predictable outcome in the story. And he knows this and knows that it won't really have the same feeling of his regular surprises in his story. This is why Perona didn't join or Boa.
    My personal opinion by the way on fishmen I think it be cool if one joined, want one to join , but story wise I don't see it happening.

  6. #3746
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,776
    FM you were right on the first one and i admitted i agreed with you. BUT on the second one i did not go on a character to character bases i did how ever compare them to the straw hats and it is also common one piece knowledge in the one piece world how strong some of the straw hats are, so the 10X human strength excuse for them not joining does not really fly. but i still see your point.

    yeah we are all looking to much in to it but that does not mean it is impossible. but let talk about other possibilities. i was wondering if mister 2 got out. since he may not be able to figure out luffys message. don't you think he would go straight to fish man island looking for jimbi to get some answers from him, since he knows luffy was with him from news reports? so what i am saying is. so what i am saying is could we see MR.2 on fish man island? ik its unlikely but its a possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #3747
    Senior Member FenixMarco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    3,704
    Mr.2 has no chances of joining, Oda personally had Mr. 2's voice actor in mind when he was creating Franky.

    Mr.2 has higher chances ending up with Buggy's crew than anything.

  8. #3748
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,776
    i think mr.2 will end up woth the crew at some point BUT i was just bringing up the possibility of how he can come back in to the story line not really how he would join. plus thats not a good reason voice actors are changed and mixed and matched all the time PLUS they also do multiple characters all the time. but i do see your point
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #3749
    Senior Member FenixMarco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    3,704
    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    FM you were right on the first one and i admitted i agreed with you. BUT on the second one i did not go on a character to character bases i did how ever compare them to the straw hats and it is also common one piece knowledge in the one piece world how strong some of the straw hats are, so the 10X human strength excuse for them not joining does not really fly. but i still see your point.
    It does fly....the SH's are new rookies slowly making a name for themselves it's not common knowledge as to the strength of fishmen been known for probably centuries now or who knows how long but definitely a HUGE gap.

    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    i think mr.2 will end up woth the crew at some point BUT i was just bringing up the possibility of how he can come back in to the story line not really how he would join. plus thats not a good reason voice actors are changed and mixed and matched all the time PLUS they also do multiple characters all the time. but i do see your point
    It's so obvious Mr.2 is coming back into the story everyone knows that. So mentioning him on this thread even though this thread is way off topic, just saying he ain't joining. And I know the common knowledge of voice actors probably way more than you since you complain about the anime so much. Oda himself said he wanted Mr.2's voice actor to play Franky's and he also wanted Ichigo's voice actor to play Marco's. This was years before the war was in the manga by the way.
    Last edited by FenixMarco; 11-05-2010 at 03:08 AM.

  10. #3750
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,776
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    It does fly....the SH's are new rookies slowly making a name for themselves it's not common knowledge as to the strength of fishmen been known for probably centuries now or who know show long but definitely a HUGE gap.

    It's so obvious Mr.2 is coming back into the story everyone knows that. So mentioning him on this thread even though this thread is way off topic, just saying he ain't joining. And I know the common knowledge of voice actors probably way more than you since you complain about the anime so much. Oda himself said he wanted Mr.2's voice actor to play Franky's and he also wanted Ichigo's voice actor to play Marco's. This was years before the war was in the manga by the way.
    yes i was just bringing it up because i want MR.2 in the thread i know its unlikely but it could happen. and me complaining about the anime has nothing to do with this. oda wanting a certain voice actor means nothing to the story what so ever. because
    one a voice actor can do multiple voices in a series
    and 2 voice actors can be replaced.
    the voice actor that oda wants means nothing to the next crew member or who may or may not join plus
    fyi Kazuki YAO did MR.2 jungo and franky.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •