View Poll Results: Who's next to be in the Straw-Hat Crew?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jinbe

4 21.05%
  • Trafalgar Law

0 0%
  • Caesar Clown

1 5.26%
  • Kinemon (The Samurai)

6 31.58%
  • Caribou

0 0%
  • Other, namely...

8 42.11%
Page 466 of 468 FirstFirst ... 366 416 456 464 465 466 467 468 LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,660 of 4675
    The reason Jinbe was waiting was to warn Luffy of Hody, especially in light of the past few months where Hody was basically enslaving Fishman Island and every visitor who arrived there. Hody's actions forced Jinbe to return to FI so as to prevent the SHs from fighting a battle he felt was his responsibility. I don't believe he abandoned his crew at all. He likely was with them prior to Hody's uprising, doing the bidding of Big Mom in order to protect FI, much in the same way he likely did as a Shichibukai. IF he truly abandoned his crew, then he has no right to become a SH, a crew which has comradery and sacrificing one's self for the interest of the others at its core. Also, his story is crap compared to the others.

All in all, eh, I still don't buy him joining the crew, and I will continue to until Oda decides he must.

Also, I'm with xioaxioa, more Supernovas please!

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    I have a feeling Oda is setting up some sort of tragic death or preventative circumstance for Jimbei joining. I can't really put my finger on why I have this feeling. On the other hand I think it's possible that the dramatic tension caused by the uncertainty of his joining as well as the the upcoming conflict that he faces may serve the opposite purpose of a tragic death, and enhance a "happy" resolution to this sub plot with him joining instead.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    I swear if your theories were any dumber I would be retarded...

well if jimbi joins, like joins for good joins. then an arc or two down the road i would be ok with that. same with kinnimon. but i still think they actually join. there would be a difference in them joining and dying compared to vivi joining and leaving.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What is the purpose of them joining only to die a few arcs later? Vivi, despite her great wish to, didn't join permanently because she needed to help lead her country in recovering from Crocodile's destruction. Her departure from the crew was justified and rather suited to conclude her storyline with the crew following the three arcs she was present with them. What doesn't make sense is for Jinbe, Kinemon and/or Momonosuke to join simply to sacrifice themselves down the road. Not only would their acceptance into the crew be unjustified, but Oda would have little time to truly create a sense of belonging to the crew for them, a mandatory criterion for membership as a SH. Hell, we are only now seeing Brook as a true SH following three arcs including him (TB, SA, FI). Although I do feel at least one more member will be added, this arc offers little value in potential nakamaship. Basically I'm questioning why any of the three being discussed for next crew member should/would join if they are going to be a glorified sacrifice. I don't have to argue about their lack of qualification/crew value again do I?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    Although I do feel at least one more member will be added, this arc offers little value in potential nakamaship. Basically I'm questioning why any of the three being discussed for next crew member should/would join if they are going to be a glorified sacrifice. I don't have to argue about their lack of qualification/crew value again do I?
    No, no. Your argument has been documented and validated. But I agree--There's no chance Oda would add a crewmember just so he can give us the cheap death we're all (apparently) looking for without having to sacrifice any of the characters that we really don't want to see die anyway...wait, what...

Anywho, yeah, this arc might be a bust nakama-wise. Too bad we don't have a "Next Strawhat Ally" thread!

Whoever the next Nakama is, it should be a woman. And it should be an ass-kicking one at that. Like physically ass-kicking!

THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

@Blackriot

If you are responding to me, I want to point out that I'm talking about death or any other method employed, to prevent Jimbei from joining in the first place.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    No, no. Your argument has been documented and validated. But I agree--There's no chance Oda would add a crewmember just so he can give us the cheap death we're all (apparently) looking for without having to sacrifice any of the characters that we really don't want to see die anyway...wait, what...

Anywho, yeah, this arc might be a bust nakama-wise. Too bad we don't have a "Next Strawhat Ally" thread!

Whoever the next Nakama is, it should be a woman. And it should be an ass-kicking one at that. Like physically ass-kicking!
    If you buy into xioaxioa's theory of the NW reflecting the GL half of OP, he speculates that not the next arc, but the one following that one will offer the next/final crew member. (It may be the next arc as I forget if he was including FI in that count, but either way that is what he is speculating). Also, as if I haven't documented this argument anywhere either, next crew member is Jewelry Bonney. :p

@Stev3child, I was actually referring to cross's idea of either Jinbe/Kinemon/both joining only to sacrifice themselves later for sake of the crew.

^ Ahh ok thanks for clearing that up.

I think I asked this before or it was discussed before, but I'll ask again at my own risk.

The job-based recruitment goal of nakama is fulfilled:

1. will this affect the standards and desirability of potential crew mates by reducing the standard of recruitment to the staple "character assessment" that Luffy employs or will their be a new criteria that is revealed as the scale of danger new enemies pose to the Strawhats increase?

2. will there be additional roles on the ship ship that are to be determined by Luffy and/or the potential crew mate?
    2a. if so, will the skill and role of the potential crew member be discovered before or after he/she/it travels and faces obstacles with the crew?

3. do you think that ever since Luffy marking Fishman Island as territory under his protection, does this indicate that he'll begin to act similarly to Whitebeard and assimilate other crews/factions/groups/nations that he treats as nakama and allow them to join on his adventure?
    3a. if yes, will this be a permanent story aspect or will it be something he do to overcome a temporary obstacle?

4. what other possibilities do you think can exist with this one fundamental change in the way crew members are recruited?
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT

1-2. It is a bit early in the NW to assume that every possible job-based recruiment criteria is covere; we don't know what type of skill the crew will need down the road so it is safe to assume that Oda has something unique in store for a new crew member if/when the new crew member joins.
    3. Personally, I don't ever see the SHs becoming divisioned in crew or having an entire fleet of allies at all times. What makes them unique is their small crew size that still accomplishes extrodinary feats. As we are seeing this arc, the crew is not above making temporary pacts with other crews like Law, but there must be means to that decision. Ultimately though, anyone Luffy and crew come in contact with winds up an ally anyway so while they may not be the typical ally like Whitebeard, Luffy already has an army of believers/followers/friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    1-2. It is a bit early in the NW to assume that every possible job-based recruiment criteria is covere; we don't know what type of skill the crew will need down the road so it is safe to assume that Oda has something unique in store for a new crew member if/when the new crew member joins.
    3. Personally, I don't ever see the SHs becoming divisioned in crew or having an entire fleet of allies at all times. What makes them unique is their small crew size that still accomplishes extrodinary feats. As we are seeing this arc, the crew is not above making temporary pacts with other crews like Law, but there must be means to that decision. Ultimately though, anyone Luffy and crew come in contact with winds up an ally anyway so while they may not be the typical ally like Whitebeard, Luffy already has an army of believers/followers/friends.
    Well, I'm not saying that all the possible jobs are fulfilled, just all the ostensible jobs. With that out of the way, will jobs play a part before they are recruited, or will it become a factor only after the candidate is in the crew, realizing their true purpose later?

I pretty much agree with you on 3 though I do believe if the size and scale is as exponentially bigger than what the SH's have faced previously, I do think we will see the SH's work together in tandem with one or more crews. Exciting stuff to think about.
    QUOTE(s) OF THE MOMENT