View Poll Results: Who's next to be in the Straw-Hat Crew?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jinbe

4 21.05%
  • Trafalgar Law

0 0%
  • Caesar Clown

1 5.26%
  • Kinemon (The Samurai)

6 31.58%
  • Caribou

0 0%
  • Other, namely...

8 42.11%
Page 465 of 468 FirstFirst ... 365 415 455 463 464 465 466 467 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,650 of 4675
    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    i mean how old is monosuke any way ? 8-12? i still feel that he and his father would make great crew members, idk he seems to be fitting in just fine so far. as for jimbi i dont hate the idea of him joining. i mean ive always been a fan of a couple more crew members and i dont seen jimbi conflicting with any one. i mean they would have room on the ship for him to since he could just use the fish tank as his room lol.
    It just doesn't work in my opinion. What have either of the pair offered? Brook and Zoro are intrigued bc of Kinemon's unique style of fighting and respect him bc of his swordsmanship vocation. Yet, We've seen little more than a isolation factor with the two; holding bushido to a great level, having narrow minded ideals about how women are represented in the world, and all around upholding old ideals presumably endemic to Wano. We know even less about Momonosuke. Sure he ate an artifical DF which turned him into a dragon. So what? He and his dad are tied together, and it is unlikely that either or both of them will join. As Chaosmaster mentioned, if anything they will become temporary members until the SHs reach Wano.

Also, Jinbe.......ugh.

IK you dont like jimbie but i mean he could serve a purpose. i just think they need more crew members not a ton but just more. here is the thing, if luffy saves his son he could feel like he owes him. and luffy kind of already asked him, his legs any way. i could see his son being the apprentice.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A big bulbous blue anchor lol

Seriously, though, I really don't see any significance of him joining. Afterall, he is still the captain of the Sun Pirates. What's going to happen to them if Jinbe becomes a SH? Of course I understand the premise of allies, but the SH crew I simply cannot see extending beyond 1 possibly 2 more crew members. Again, the SHs have been hyped up all series long because of the extrodinary feats of strength, danger, and defiance they have been able to pull off despite their small numbers. They will never become divisioned like Whitebeard or Don Krieg. Also, why Jinbe of all fishman!? I know Oda is capable of introducing a much more fitting member than old era, dull Jinbe. His story is finished. Outside of being a possible helmsman (a talent which I'd hardly be proud to be perfect in and one which is already adequately covered by Franky), being able to use fishman karate, and being the SHs informant of changes over the past two years or locations in the NW (aka Robin), I don't see a permanent position for him amid the crew.

Ik you are in favor of adding another swordsman, but come on, two at once?! Again, I don't think they'll remain permanent additions to the crew. They have nothing to offer! A lot of people owe Luffy and crew a whole lot more than what Momonosuke and Kinemon currently do, and Luffy always asks weird people/creatures/objects to join so that is null and void lol. In all likelihood they'll accompany the SHs on their way to Wano or simply be there to welcome the crew when they arrive there.

^This^

Except for one small detail. Each Straw Hat brings a unique style that is all their own to the crew. Things such as their DF powers or their weapon/fighting style of choice. These things being that they are the sole inhibitor of with the exception of Sanji who fights using Zef's created style, although Zef can no longer fight. Jinbie on the other hand is a Master of Fishman Karate. Every Fishman that fights without a weapon knows fishman karate. Along with Rokushiki and Okama Kenpo, it is the most used fighting style in the series.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

Mindf*cked
    Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    ^This^

Except for one small detail. Each Straw Hat brings a unique style that is all their own to the crew. Things such as their DF powers or their weapon/fighting style of choice. These things being that they are the sole inhibitor of with the exception of Sanji who fights using Zef's created style, although Zef can no longer fight. Jinbie on the other hand is a Master of Fishman Karate. Every Fishman that fights without a weapon knows fishman karate. Along with Rokushiki and Okama Kenpo, it is the most used fighting style in the series.
    lol...okama kenpo is a most used fighting style...

^This^

Ah, true. I do know Jinbe is a master of fishman karate, but generally the fighting style is the second perfection that the crew acknowledges (outside of maybe Robin). Regardless, you do make light of my oversight, and I agree with Spaz, Okama Kenpo?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    A big bulbous blue anchor lol
    I just will never understand your disfascination with Jinbei! lol. He has said himself that he doesn't care who his boss is, so it's not as if his being captain of the Sun Pirates would preclude him from Strawhat membership. But he is a unique creature (to the crew, anyway), and (fortunately :-P) his story won't be finished until he dies--as he has to further the cause of human/fishman relations to atone for he and his crew's past mistakes.

I hate to say it, but I can't stand to see another Nami join the crew. Or a Brook. Or a Chopper. Yeah, they are great characters and have a great dynamic with the crew, but how often do they really go the distance and pull out well in a fight. Considering that they are in the New World now, they absolutely NEED a crewmember who is a powerhouse. I mean, aren't you tired of always being in fear for the Strawhats lives as soon as Luffy wanders off, Zoro gets lost, or Sanji nosebleeds himself into a coma? lol

^This^

But that's like saying Zoro isn't unique because he's not the only swordsman, or Sanji because Mr. 2 often used kicks. It's not Zoro's swordsmanship that's unique--it's his three-swords style. It's not Sanji kicking that's unique--it's his diable jambibilibilay attacks. And it's not Jinbei's Fishman Karate that's unique--it's his power and mastery that are unique.

So in short: Jinbei 2012!

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WON'T HONOR MY PIRATE KING DISCOUNT!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    I just will never understand your disfascination with Jinbei! lol. He has said himself that he doesn't care who his boss is, so it's not as if his being captain of the Sun Pirates would preclude him from Strawhat membership. But he is a unique creature (to the crew, anyway), and (fortunately :-P) his story won't be finished until he dies--as he has to further the cause of human/fishman relations to atone for he and his crew's past mistakes.

I hate to say it, but I can't stand to see another Nami join the crew. Or a Brook. Or a Chopper. Yeah, they are great characters and have a great dynamic with the crew, but how often do they really go the distance and pull out well in a fight. Considering that they are in the New World now, they absolutely NEED a crewmember who is a powerhouse. I mean, aren't you tired of always being in fear for the Strawhats lives as soon as Luffy wanders off, Zoro gets lost, or Sanji nosebleeds himself into a coma? lol

But that's like saying Zoro isn't unique because he's not the only swordsman, or Sanji because Mr. 2 often used kicks. It's not Zoro's swordsmanship that's unique--it's his three-swords style. It's not Sanji kicking that's unique--it's his diable jambibilibilay attacks. And it's not Jinbei's Fishman Karate that's unique--it's his power and mastery that are unique.

First of all, again it doesn't make sense for Jinbe to abandon his crew. So what if he doesn't care who his boss is, that doesn't excuse him from his duties, especially as the Sun Pirate captain! Regardless, I don't see any storyline, atoning for his race's misgivings or wishing to repay his debt to the SHs, Jinbe's story has pretty much been examined. Plus, if he sob story is losing Fisher Tiger (albeit I'm not saying it's not a touching story), I don't see much expansion as to why he belongs in the crew, unique race, fighting style, vocation or not.

That's what the two year training session has been used to rectify.

But that's true for the entire crew!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post

... Ok. That's pretty much what I said. You don't seem to get what I mean though, so here is the Crew.

Luffy: DF power(auto-unique)
    Zoro: Santoryu (a style he created and mastered)
    Nami: Manipulation of Weather
    Usoppe: Expert Marksman using a slingshot
    Sanji: Red Leg (currently only active practitioner)
    Chopper: DF power (plus his "rumble" transformations puts him out from other Zoans)
    Robin: DF Power
    Franky: Soda powered weaponized body.
    Brook: Fencing/Music/DF power

Jinbei: Fishman Karate.

It's just Fishman Karate. The same as Hody and Kuroobi and every other fighting fishman. Not 'ancient fishman karate', not 'new fishman karate', just regular fishman karate like all the others. Yes he mastered fishman karate, but is the enough to warrant it a unique status?

Nobody else fights like the Straw Hats, but every fishman fights like Jinbei. Not including the fishman who choose to fight with weapons. Nobody fights like the other Supernova's as well; I want to see more of them.

As for Okama Kenpo thing; with over 100 known masters, it is definitely one of the most known styles in the series currently.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    First of all, again it doesn't make sense for Jinbe to abandon his crew. So what if he doesn't care who his boss is, that doesn't excuse him from his duties, especially as the Sun Pirate captain! Regardless, I don't see any storyline, atoning for his race's misgivings or wishing to repay his debt to the SHs, Jinbe's story has pretty much been examined. Plus, if he sob story is losing Fisher Tiger (albeit I'm not saying it's not a touching story), I don't see much expansion as to why he belongs in the crew, unique race, fighting style, vocation or not.
    He already abandoned them--he was putzing around fishman island, reminiscing at graves and what not, while his crew was in the New World doing Gosh knows what under Big Mam's command/appetite. Swap out Big Mam for Luffy, and Jinbei would still be in pretty much the same position--and his crew would still be elsewhere.

What you're missing is that Jinbei's story has been examined (just like the rest of the crew, in fact. As with Chopper, or Zoro, or Usopp, etc., we have only seen Jinbei's past. We haven't seen his/their STORY, because his/their future is still happening now), but it's far from being finished--Luffy has basically declared war on Big Mam. And Jinbei himself has stated his need to extract the Sun Pirates from her crew safely, almost exclusively because of Luffy. Face it dude: Their fates in the New World, at least regarding that Yonkou, are inextricable. It makes too much since that they would travel together.

And that's not even mentioning what part Luffy will play in the Noah's fate, the prophesy that he will (eventually) destroy Fishman Island, or how the ancient weapon that he has befriended will come into play once the WG gets involved. Fishmen, and Fishman Island, have WAY too much part left to play in the manga--so there's no way the arguably strongest Fishman alive won't also play as major a part. As a Strawhat :-P

Yes he mastered fishman karate, but is the enough to warrant it a unique status?
    Yes.

For comparison, Mihawk uses swords and slashes, just like every other swordsman. But it's his unreal strength/skill/talent in doing so that has given him the unique moniker as the World's Strongest Swordsman. Toss the ol' Big Blue Anchor in the same boat, and you're good to go.

Actually, come to think of it, Jinbei's use of Fishman Karate has been the only instance we've seen to be effective/useful at long range (when he "punched" Luffy). So it's entirely likely that while all other Fishmen practitioners are only using the movements and the name, Jinbei is one of the few who really understand how it truly works, and its full potential. BAM!--unique Fishman Karate.

I just think he makes a great addition to the crew is all. His power, fighting style, utility to crew (only one truly proficient in water in a crew with 4 DF users), and connection to captain Strawhat Luffy is too strong to ignore.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WON'T HONOR MY PIRATE KING DISCOUNT!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.