Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

One Piece 741 Discussion/ 742 Predictions

New chapter is out

Good news everyone Usopp grew a pair, christmas won't have to be cancelled now.

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/741

Good for you Ussop, now don't die.

Kyros has certainly changed a lot. He was almost as violent as Kenpachi or Zebra as a kid.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Some one try and upload chapter 741 to site.

Seems like Kyros was a natural with busoshoku haki as well. If Usopp pulls off the impossible then I hope we get a Luffy and Kyros Vs Doflamingo battle.

Ugh we all had such high hopes for Usopp and him not being a piece of trash who would abandon his dwarves, but it looks like he was really trying to run away :( bastard. I hope he settles this, he owes it to them after all those little guys got squashed... The size of his midoriboshi but more courage than he has in his entire body grrr. Nice attack though, hope there was more to it than cutting a logia in half though otherwise he is toast...
    A pie in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Ugh we all had such high hopes for Usopp and him not being a piece of trash who would abandon his dwarves, but it looks like he was really trying to run away :( bastard. I hope he settles this, he owes it to them after all those little guys got squashed... The size of his midoriboshi but more courage than he has in his entire body grrr. Nice attack though, hope there was more to it than cutting a logia in half though otherwise he is toast...
    I personally never jumped aboard the whole "Post-timeskip Usopp is a #*%#*###*$%(#$(#*--I'm so sick of his cowardice! I wish he were dead!" bandwagon everyone over at Mangastream (and somewhat here as well) obviously rode these past six chapters. To me, Usopp has retained his personality, albeit in a matured form, as every other SH has. I absolutely enjoyed this chapter, from Usopp's legendary hero display to Kyros's backstory (seriously, when was the last time a backstory appeared so intriguing?). Sure, Usopp abandoned the dwarves to save his own ass; however, this is consistent with him typically fearing those dangers which he feels/are beyond his ability. Facing Trebol, one of the Executive Officers of Warlord Doflamingo would certainly never be a battle many people would put Usopp in the victory column.

Nonetheless, that's where Oda has him set up to be; not only victory, but another realization of Usopp as a legendary brave warrior of the sea and captain of 8000 men. I'm still not certain if Oda will allow Usopp to cleanly defeat Trebol, because of uncertainty with Trebol's DF, Sugar's involvement, and how Usopp's sniping skills hold out, etc, but the duel is ON!!! Personally, I think Usopp will play with Trebol and lay the ground work for taking out Sugar like he did against Daruma on FI, which will then allow every gladiator and person to fight against Trebol, but it would be beyond awesome if Usopp defeated Trebol on his own.

I agree with you in that he hasn't really changed who he was but his whole time skip on the island was based around getting stronger and conquering his fear of being weak and unable to help his companions, he was about to leave the crew back in water 7 just because he couldn't keep up, then he gets to an island with a warrior on it who was probably many times weaker than him but had the courage to stand up and fight. I just wanted him to take some of that and at least stick around to fight, cowardly fighting but fight non the less. Instead he served up a bunch of dwarves to trevor and watched them get crushed to death under his feet, that pissed me off, its worse than cowardly, its just being cold hearted. Yeah he came back but in the end how many of them died just to give him more than enough time to come up with a strategy to fight trevor? He should of known that the SOP plan was going to fall apart but in the end just was a pussy as usual.

Not that im trying to pick a fight with you but I think hes worse off now than he was before. At least before he didn't have the means to fight back, now he does and wont do it when it matters.

I like the idea of having every gladiator fight him but I wonder how he will be able to knock out sugar while hes still right next to her. Im hoping he mixed a real knockout grape into her bowl while they weren't looking then fake a fight with trevor while sugar stands by and watches eating grapes.
    A pie in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    I personally never jumped aboard the whole "Post-timeskip Usopp is a #*%#*###*$%(#$(#*--I'm so sick of his cowardice! I wish he were dead!" bandwagon everyone over at Mangastream (and somewhat here as well) obviously rode these past six chapters. To me, Usopp has retained his personality, albeit in a matured form, as every other SH has. I absolutely enjoyed this chapter, from Usopp's legendary hero display to Kyros's backstory (seriously, when was the last time a backstory appeared so intriguing?). Sure, Usopp abandoned the dwarves to save his own ass; however, this is consistent with him typically fearing those dangers which he feels/are beyond his ability. Facing Trebol, one of the Executive Officers of Warlord Doflamingo would certainly never be a battle many people would put Usopp in the victory column.

Nonetheless, that's where Oda has him set up to be; not only victory, but another realization of Usopp as a legendary brave warrior of the sea and captain of 8000 men. I'm still not certain if Oda will allow Usopp to cleanly defeat Trebol, because of uncertainty with Trebol's DF, Sugar's involvement, and how Usopp's sniping skills hold out, etc, but the duel is ON!!! Personally, I think Usopp will play with Trebol and lay the ground work for taking out Sugar like he did against Daruma on FI, which will then allow every gladiator and person to fight against Trebol, but it would be beyond awesome if Usopp defeated Trebol on his own.
    I don't dislike Ussop nor did i jump on the "I hate Ussop, he's so useless and doesn't deserve to be on the crew) Bandwagon. It's kind of hard to hate a fictional character from a comic book, especially since said character's personality is purely based on the Author's whim. My issue is with how Oda has handled that aspect of Ussop's character after time skip. We all knew Ussop would come back, I'm pretty sure no one thought other wise. I would of have preferred Ussop attempt to fight right off the bat, lose then run away and then come back with courage and conviction to win the fight no matter the cost.

Let's be honest, have any of the SHs really improved? Of course all of them have become stronger physically or ability-wise, whether one wishes to acknowledge that fact or not. But have they improved personality-wise? Luffy is still a happy-go-lucky captain, Zoro's still a direction-challenged chronic napper, Nami a beri hungry seductress, Sanji a love struck gentleman, Franky a mecha-obsessed renegade, Brook a perverted, bone-joke skeleton, Chopper an impressionable fun-loving youngster--Usopp a cowardly liar. In fact, Robin, though she retains her macabre demeanor most of the time, may have gone through the biggest personality change post-timeskip, having shown us not one, but TWO face faults this arc alone!!

Also, let's be REALLY honest, how many dwarves truly "died" because of Usopp's cowardice? Not only do I want to point out that they, like everyone else in this operation, understood the danger of the battle, but also this is Oda's Shonen manga we're talking about. So far we've only witnessed two--TWO I SAY--in manga deaths of characters. As far as I'm concerned, like every other defeat Oda has presented, the dwarves were simply knocked out, not killed, and until I see mention that someone died, I will remain in firm believe neither the dwarves, nor Vergo or Monet are dead.

Yes. I went there.

Returning to Usopp, though, to argue Usopp is worse off than he was pre-timeskip is absurd when considering the previous two arcs and what he's accomplished, AS WELL AS, despite popularity with the alter ego, Usopp had to rely on Sogeking to surpass his fears and battle bravely. Certainly, there is something to be said when a hero, as Usopp continually strives to be, facing adversity head on from the start. Yet, how can you think he's gone backwards when he not only returned to face someone who clearly outmatches him, but does so in order to become a legendary hero, the while shouting his OWN name to his enemy and those around him. How often have we seen that? I'm all for continued and substantial growth, but to single out Usopp alone in this regard seems a bit unfair as several other SH members have "failed" (others' words, not mine) in living up to expectations following the two year break. In fact, the entire crew has already either suffered momentary defeat and/or capture in both FI and PH arcs. I understand your and many others' frustration with certain characters seemingly having "wasted" two years' worth of training and becoming stronger, but if Usopp, Sanji, or the entire SH crew came out of training and conquered every NW challenger who stepped up before them as if they were GL rookies, would any of us still be reading this manga?

Ussop has always been and i believe will always be the "Cowardly liar". I have never expected his nor any other characters personality traits to change. Every fight he's been in from the first fight we see him get into in his hometown to the punk hazard arc, I have always seen his running away as a "tactical retreat" more than his cowardly self getting the best of him and actually intending to run away.

Not once have i ever seen Ussop run away and not even consider a plan of action, while yelling "Sorry (insert person/people we are trying to save) but when you die I'll tell stories of your bravery, Blame Franky for leaving things up to me! It's all his fault, I'm not going to die for some bullshit heroics!" and yet this time around he did just that. The only reason he came back is because the guilt got too much to bear cause they kept calling out for him. He essentially left his nakama (Robin) to die on her own. Now whether he actually remembers her or not is still up in the air, so i won't completely fault him for that.

At this stage in Ussops character progression and with everyone's feelings being poured out a few chapters back about wanting to help Dressrosa, the dwarves, Soldier san, Rebecca and everyone else. Is it really not a disappointment that he was so easily ready to let everyone down?

All that aside though, I am extremely excited for how most of us assume this is going to end. With Ussop finally having his army of 8000 followers!

Edit: Also, i agree with you on the Dwarves, Vergo and Monet still being alive. No one actually dies in One Piece unless you belong to the Whitebeard pirates.