View Poll Results: Who's next to be in the Straw-Hat Crew?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jinbe

4 21.05%
  • Trafalgar Law

0 0%
  • Caesar Clown

1 5.26%
  • Kinemon (The Samurai)

6 31.58%
  • Caribou

0 0%
  • Other, namely...

8 42.11%
Page 460 of 468 FirstFirst ... 360 410 450 458 459 460 461 462 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,600 of 4675
    i mean if his son is either dead or dies here it would prompt kinimon stick with the straw hats to get even. i mean the general consensus is that flamingo is behind all of this. so, if the straw hats are going to go after him or any bad guy who makes it off that island then kinimon would want in.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    i mean if his son is either dead or dies here it would prompt kinimon stick with the straw hats to get even. i mean the general consensus is that flamingo is behind all of this. so, if the straw hats are going to go after him or any bad guy who makes it off that island then kinimon would want in.
    But Kinemon has shown little ambition outside of finding his son, and presumably (God let it be) this desire will be fulfilled by the end of this arc. At that time, following Sanji's beatdown of him, Kinemon will likely return to Wano to either spread the word of the SHs or await for them there for some unknown reason of gratitude and assistance. I know cross you are a huge advocate of Kinemon joining because it would at last realize your theory of more swordsman joining the crew, completing the one-, two-, three-sword styles and adding now a magical element to the swordsmanship. However, we know considerably less about Kinemon and currently his character is flat as all get out and is shown to be little more than a rigid-minded character who is just now seeing the generosity the outside world has to offer. That said, Kinemon has as much merit to join the crew as Jinbe.

just because oda has not had the time to build his character that does not mean he is doomed to be nothing but a flat character. jimbi still has a chance of joining. i dont want him to but thats beside the point. i think if his son is dead or dies we could see some good character devilment with him. i think that the aesthetics of having the 3 swordsmen will warrant his character development.
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bottom Left Panel.
    20.jpg

I am neither for or against Kinemon joining. Him joining would add yet ANOTHER swordsman to the crew which would make his addition seem very bland.

However he does add to team chemistry.
    void(0).jpg
    MY 2 CENTS
    Don't Judge Me -.-

Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    just because oda has not had the time to build his character that does not mean he is doomed to be nothing but a flat character. jimbi still has a chance of joining. i dont want him to but thats beside the point. i think if his son is dead or dies we could see some good character devilment with him. i think that the aesthetics of having the 3 swordsmen will warrant his character development.
    But, typically, the tragic pasts of each SH are explored within or very near their intro arc, the one exception being Robin. I fail to see how the dynamic of three swordsmen, albeit each with their own sword style, validates Kinemon's possible acceptance into the crew. Plus, Oda hasn't shown much interest in including him into the arc itself, which leads me to belief he isn't all that worthy of joining if the author sees him as a sidestory and second thought simply there to gain a more personal sympathy of kids being kidnapped and experiemented on by a mad scientist. Although, now that I said that Oda probably has had this huge 360 twist and underlying idea for Kinemon all along and will make me eat my words....cross he's not joining lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eonaite View Post
    Bottom Left Panel.
    20.jpg

I am neither for or against Kinemon joining. Him joining would add yet ANOTHER swordsman to the crew which would make his addition seem very bland.

However he does add to team chemistry.
    void(0).jpg
    Luffy usually asks any odd character/thing to join his crew, which often warrants the crew's ridicule and protests. Also, if we are talking about team chemistry, then Brownbeard has as much chance to join as Kinemon, seeing as he's saved numerous members of the crew from being killed by the children, attempted to aid in the crew's assault on Caesar, and has been doing much of the work and carried the crew for the last few chapters.

Precisely. I pointed out that Luffy's outrageous invitation automatically put Kinemon on the list of odd characters.

And more accurately, I meant this kind of Chemistry
    13.jpg

If you ask me, I'm hoping Smoker and Tashigi join. If not them, off to the Monet bandwagon I go.
    MY 2 CENTS
    Don't Judge Me -.-

First, I don't know whether you are trying to say you are for Kinemon joining because of him being an odd character and having Luffy ask him, or simply not wanting him to join for the same reason....

Second, each arc thusfar has some sort of side character who works together with the crew, aka giving them a sense of chemistry. Vivi in Alabasta, Wiper and Conis in Skypeia, Paulie in Water 7, numerous characters in Impel Down and Marineford, etc etc. Just because Oda portrays a character in a blatent action pose with the crew doesn't mean that member has a greater chance of joining BC of THAT or AT THAT time. It is a basic trait the SH's have exhibited throughout the series: making the unlikeliest of advisaries into companions/allies.

Third, and there has been pages upon pages debating this topic somewhere, Smoker and Tashigi have next to zero chance of joining the crew at ANY time during the series. They are essentionally the Garp to Luffy and Zoro respectively. I'd say hop on the Monet bandwagon as you see fit.

I am neither for or against Kinemon joining.

You made a good point by putting Kinemon into the same category as those you listed.

I find it hard to believe how anyone could even begin to support Smoker and Tashigi joining the crew before THIS arc. Sure, back in Alabasta, SH saves Smoker and then Smoker/Tashigi let them go as gratitude. I honestly doubt that there has to be 100% correlation between Luffy and Roger's lives. Roger to Garp doesn't necessarily have to be Luffy to Smoker, times have changed since Roger's era. Definitely a lot more corruption going on nowadays, Smoker could pull a Drake and go Rogue for all we know and take Tashigi with him. If there's anyone in the Marines (currently) that will be Luffy's "garp" I say it'l be Koby. (Idk if anyone's ever said that, I'm not too active on OP forums)

What are your thoughts on Monet's chances of joining?
    MY 2 CENTS
    Don't Judge Me -.-

hey we might be getting some tragic back story on kinnimon soon so who knows LOL. plus he could have just killed his own son....... can't get more tragic than that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I remember when people thought Wiper was going to join. I also remember when people thought Pauly was going to join. I think I remember when people thought Raleigh would join. Then they ended up as nothing more than allies.

Now, about this "Sad Past" business. Having a Sad Past does not automatically make them a possible member. Norland had a sad past, no one thought he would join. Boa Hancock and Shirahoshi had sad pasts; look how happy they are on the cre... No, wait. Ace had a sad past, why isn't he in the crew? Too soon? Moria, too, had a sad past. Chouchou had a sad past the trumps half the crew.

The Entire Straw Hat Crew had a sad past and so does everybody else, so Not everyone with a sad past will join.

Kinemon is a samurai version of Brook. As awesome as he is, he is just another Brook. He's cool and all, but he would be a lame addition.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!