View Poll Results: Who's next to be in the Straw-Hat Crew?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jinbe

4 21.05%
  • Trafalgar Law

0 0%
  • Caesar Clown

1 5.26%
  • Kinemon (The Samurai)

6 31.58%
  • Caribou

0 0%
  • Other, namely...

8 42.11%
Page 456 of 468 FirstFirst ... 356 406 446 454 455 456 457 458 466 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,560 of 4675
    another swordsmen, especially one like kinnimoe who has different skill sets and powers would not be a bad thing. plus think about it. brook uses one sword, zoro uses 3, we need a 2 sword style guy lol. he has flame abilities and he has a DF on top of skill with a blade thats the opposite of brook and nothing like zoro. it would not be a bad thing at all. i remember some people telling me that brook would not join because two swordsmen was to many. two was not to neither will 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    another swordsmen, especially one like kinnimoe who has different skill sets and powers would not be a bad thing. plus think about it. brook uses one sword, zoro uses 3, we need a 2 sword style guy lol. he has flame abilities and he has a DF on top of skill with a blade thats the opposite of brook and nothing like zoro. it would not be a bad thing at all. i remember some people telling me that brook would not join because two swordsmen was to many. two was not to neither will 3.
    Brook joined because he was a musician which the crew was missing. Kinemon is a proper swordsmen, that is his occupation, even if his DF is to make clothing. Unless what the SH are missing is a Taylor, however that seems a bit silly, and would make things difficult for Oda as he would have to keep changing the SH's clothing design.

At this point Luffy needs allies. Kinemon would be the Jinbei of Wano island. Luffy already got FI on his back through Jinbei and Kinemon would be the same. I do hope he helps Law and Luffy to beat the Yonkou they're after. His skills are totally badass.

sig made by me

At this point Luffy needs allies. Kinemon would be the Jinbei of Wano island. Luffy already got FI on his back through Jinbei and Kinemon would be the same.
    I had not thought about this, but now that you mention it, it would be awesome if this is what we are seeing. We know that when Whitebeard went to War, he had bookoo allied captains show up. Maybe we're seeing how that process happens with Luffy. When he's ready to go to War at the end of this manga, he'll have pretty much the entire world behind him, and we'll know why!

Whoever the next crew member is, I doubt it'll be kinneman. Possible, yes, but we've seen other people who seem way more possible get the shaft (Vivi, anyone). And I'm tired of having my heart broken by Oda.

THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    Which is why I also added: "even if we ignored all that". But for the sake of debate, I'll continue. From what we've seen, even after the body switch, users can still make use of their previous techinques, including haki. As we've seen from what Sanji has shown us in Nami's body. Tashigi's body is a fine one. She's trained a lot more for direct combat, as a swordswomen, than Nami ever would (ranged fighter - navigator). Yet from what we've seen, Smoker in her body is actually really weak. They were struggling against those fodder half man half beast from Ceasers side. I mean I get Tashigi not knowing how to control smoker's df power, but smoker himself has fallen quite a bit in power.

That and the fact that we've seen Smoker go all out against Law. We know his speed and power. His speed comes from his DF. Without it, his your average joe (ok, his stronger and faster but just for example sake). How can one not say his reliant on his DF? If you look at Sanji, he can still use Blue Walk, he can most likely use Sky Walk, not to mention lay some pretty mean kicks. If you look at Luffy, he would still have his CoA and CoO to help him fight, much like Garp does. He would still have Soru, although he wouldn't be as fast as he is in Gear 2nd.

Finally, you still can't take away the fact that we've seen Smoker's max speed, and we've seen Luffy's. The difference is too great. We've also seen Smoker's Haki, and we know Luffy's haki is of a much higher level. There's no comparison. Vice Admiral he maybe, but his entry level Vice Admiral at most. We can't really use that to judge too much. It's like saying Smoker was Captain pre-timeskip, yet Drake was Rear Admiral. Had they fought, I'm pretty sure Smoker would have won.

I'ld say that you're over estimating Luffy a bit. I guess if you compared him to the weaker Commanders, yes he is as strong or stronger. But if you compare him to the top 5 (of which 3 are left), he still has some room for improvement. Can't see him beating Marco, Jaws or Vista any time soon.

My point exactly. That's exactly what I said. Heck, I even used my Buggy and Roger comparison. Don't forget that I said it was silly to use Wano to judge strength. You're the one who said not to use it is madness.

Neither am I. As I said, I agreed with the part where there could have been improvement over time. I've just said that there's nothing to prove it, and if he was above that of the Monster Trio then Law should have been a cake walk.
    You know what? Lets just assume all of this was correct since we've began to verge off to ground that has nothing to do with how the Samurai could be a member, this whole debate is based on the hypothetical assumption that Law is nowhere near Luffy in ability with no proof. So let's just agree it's impossible to know the Samurai's strength.
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

“Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character”
    T. Alan Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by Gypseslice View Post
    You know what? Lets just assume all of this was correct since we've began to verge off to ground that has nothing to do with how the Samurai could be a member, this whole debate is based on the hypothetical assumption that Law is nowhere near Luffy in ability with no proof. So let's just agree it's impossible to know the Samurai's strength.
    I've no problem with that.

At this point Luffy needs allies. Kinemon would be the Jinbei of Wano island. Luffy already got FI on his back through Jinbei and Kinemon would be the same. I do hope he helps Law and Luffy to beat the Yonkou they're after. His skills are totally badass.
    I've never thought of it in that way, but if you think about it more carefully, hasn't Ussopu already got the Giants on his side? Then there's the people who helped the SH's excape from shabondy. Recruitment is going good.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    I've never thought of it in that way, but if you think about it more carefully, hasn't Ussopu already got the Giants on his side? Then there's the people who helped the SH's excape from shabondy. Recruitment is going good.
    Giants not yet until Usopp meets Brogy and Dorry in Elbaf (plus some crazy adventures in it). In reality Luffy is recruiting allies without even noticing/trying. Heck he's got thousand upon thousands of Alabasta soldiers on his side through Vivi. But these will only appear on the final war. Jinbei and Kinemon are "active" ally. Their strength would be needed if Luffy would take on a Yonkou so I'm thinking they could participate in it. Not that sure about Kinemon but Jinbei has issues with Big Mom so it's highly possible.

sig made by me

Essentially every island/arc the SHs venture onto has them winding up with allies, whether directly or inadvertently, and as Mihawk mentioned about Luffy (subsequently the SH) the greatest attribute he has is gaining unfaltering support from those around him, enemy and friend alike.

^^ I kinda feel like Law is taking advantage of Luffy for this little talent so he can get rid of a Yonkou, i hope not i think too highly of Law for him to just turn out to be an opportunist.
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

“Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character”
    T. Alan Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by Gypseslice View Post
    ^^ I kinda feel like Law is taking advantage of Luffy for this little talent so he can get rid of a Yonkou, i hope not i think too highly of Law for him to just turn out to be an opportunist.
    Why not? He's a pirate after all and things like that is normal. And it's not like Luffy won't benifit anything from it either.

sig made by me