View Poll Results: Who's next to be in the Straw-Hat Crew?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jinbe

4 21.05%
  • Trafalgar Law

0 0%
  • Caesar Clown

1 5.26%
  • Kinemon (The Samurai)

6 31.58%
  • Caribou

0 0%
  • Other, namely...

8 42.11%
Page 451 of 468 FirstFirst ... 351 401 441 449 450 451 452 453 461 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,510 of 4675
    Quote Originally Posted by Flare Blitz View Post
    Cmon guyz, just chill
    I can see where xace13x is coming from,
    Since most of the nowadays tasks of a 1st-mate on the ship are preformed by Nami.
    But In the pirate crews there was a slight difference:

First Mate: A pirate crew-member sometimes had this position as the captain's right-hand man and the one who would assume his role if he were killed in battle or could no longer perform his duties. This was often considered the job of a lieutenant in a regular navy.
    -> sounds like zoro

Also sounds like Sanji who is a lot smarter then Zoro, yet no one claims Sanji is Ffirst-mate.

Quartermaster: Is in charge of maintaining order, distributing rations and supplies, delegating work, and guarding and dividing plunder. In fighting, the quartermaster decided what ships were worth it and often led any boarding party, ultimately deciding what loot to keep. When discipline or punishment was necessary, only he could give it, but even then it was with the agreement of the captain or the vote of the pirate crew.
    -> sounds kinda like the things Nami does.

Almost sounds like Nami, but she doesn't seem to need permission to punish anyone.

& the issue of Chopper being seen to the WG as the SH's pet is more of a joke-thingy...
    You can't really use that as a really vallid arguement.
    When Oda literally states it in the dialogues he wrote, it was used as a reference to how crazy Luffy must be in their eyes.
    I don't think the thought twice about what he wrote, he just did since it's a fact.
    As I said the group acts like a family not a pirate crew and the crew has no problem yelling and beating on each other if they do something or think they're going to something stupid, and Zoro is constantly yell at and beaten by the crew, even in the wake of battle. So I don't think the crew even recognizes a first-mate. Plus you know Sanji won't recognize that Zoro is his superior. First-mate is simply unnessasary for the crew.

Now I am sorry if I've not been answering your posts I was in a tit for tat already.

Quote Originally Posted by xace13x View Post
    As I said the group acts like a family not a pirate crew and the crew has no problem yelling and beating on each other if they do something or think they're going to something stupid, and Zoro is constantly yell at and beaten by the crew, even in the wake of battle. So I don't think the crew even recognizes a first-mate. Plus you know Sanji......
    THE NEXT!

THE NEXT STRAWHAT CREW MEMBER IS LIKELY TO BE:

Has everyone ruled out Caribou at this point? I see he never comes up anymore. Sure he's a bit of an asshole, but so was Robin when she was first introduced in the story. Since I'm certain that he still has SOME part to play in this arc (Oda never introduces characters otherwise), it could be that he's the next member. Not only would the Strawhats FINALLY have a Logia crew member, but he could act as their "Infiltrator" taking the entire crew into battles and other such places while looking like only one person.

If any mangaka can turn a character like Caribou around and make us root for the scumbag, it's Oda!

THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    They could have a prostitute to be the next straw hat member and nobody would give a fuck.
    I'm sure this wasn't intentionial but ^ Bone-r Joke!!! Yohohohoho, yeah i know right, i'm classsy like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    Also, has anyone wondered: Why the hell would the Marines want the Strawhat's "pet" dead, anyway? If any of them had witnessed chopper's fights and the things he's done, his bounty would NOT be 50. And if they haven't, then he's just a cute little tag-along tanuki. That'd be like them capturing the Rumbar pirates, then, as they sailed away, dropped twenty-seven pounds of C4 on poor Laboon! Akainu must be in charge of drawing up posters--it reeks of some of his "absolute justice" bulls**t (or should I say "malarkey". Don't want any of the forum members doubting my intelligence ;-))
    I've always theorized that it is apart of Oda's master plan for the crew's future as a whole, like look at what happened in Arabasta the reason Sanji and Chopper owned with the stealth was because no-pne knew who they were. Now look at the Bounties laid out now there are only 3 members that have posters that would allow them to operate with nobody knowing who they were Sanji, Chopper and Usopp. If not for their identities to remain concealed while they are on the crew perhaps it will allow them to live normal or atleast less dangerous lives once they leave the crew (well i guess that's an 'if'). I thought everyone felt the same o.0

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    THE NEXT!

THE NEXT STRAWHAT CREW MEMBER IS LIKELY TO BE:

Has everyone ruled out Caribou at this point? I see he never comes up anymore. Sure he's a bit of an asshole, but so was Robin when she was first introduced in the story. Since I'm certain that he still has SOME part to play in this arc (Oda never introduces characters otherwise), it could be that he's the next member. Not only would the Strawhats FINALLY have a Logia crew member, but he could act as their "Infiltrator" taking the entire crew into battles and other such places while looking like only one person.

If any mangaka can turn a character like Caribou around and make us root for the scumbag, it's Oda!
    Yeah i think we have ruled it out and Robin wasn't a asshole, she saved Luffy atleast, but Franky... well that is a different story although he had pure intentions.
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

“Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character”
    T. Alan Armstrong

man i go away for a week and this thing is still going on LOL. i thought we made it clear when i left that zoro+first mate lol. any who caribou as a crew member is interesting. i dont think it will happen but he is not bad a** enough to be a anti hero and two cowardly to shifty to be a force in the crew i mean the only thing is that he is a logia. i think the crew might get a logia at some point but not him or at least i hope not.
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    PEPPERONI PERONA...MA MA MAMAY PERONA.

for those who dislike caribou as not a strawhat material...he`s watching his brother die..that a tragic past 4 you..he`s definitely strawhat Material there.

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

he really did not look like he cared that much. lol but you could say that might be a plot point where he learns to grieve and becomes a better person from the straw hats.
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post

for those who dislike caribou as not a strawhat material...he`s watching his brother die..that a tragic past 4 you..he`s definitely strawhat Material there.
    He's kidnapping mermaids to sell in to slavery! Atm i can't see how anything about him is SH Material.
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

“Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character”
    T. Alan Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post

LOL @ the visual of all the strawhats staring blank-faced at Caribou before Nami says "That wasn't tragic. That was hilarious."

Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    he really did not look like he cared that much. lol but you could say that might be a plot point where he learns to grieve and becomes a better person from the straw hats.
    Very true. The only motivation that he got from his crew's misfortune, the only dream he could come up with, was to continue being a greedy asshole!

THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

& as his ultimate goal: take luffy's head! xD