View Poll Results: Who's next to be in the Straw-Hat Crew?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jinbe

4 21.05%
  • Trafalgar Law

0 0%
  • Caesar Clown

1 5.26%
  • Kinemon (The Samurai)

6 31.58%
  • Caribou

0 0%
  • Other, namely...

8 42.11%
Page 449 of 468 FirstFirst ... 349 399 439 447 448 449 450 451 459 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 4675
    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    wow hold on i was there to what am i chopped liver. :( i have feelings to you know LOL.

yeah i mean he was just an ally for white beard and he was much closer to him. jimbi at best right now will be a long term friend to the crew and stay in touch as a recurring character.
    No comment . Still waiting for you to accept that request though....

Jimbei & Shirahoshi (would be funny if they got married) & Vivi will always be allies to the crew, though I don't know if they'll keep in touch with one another (unless the SH's finally decide to invest in a den den mushi lol).

Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    wow hold on i was there to what am i chopped liver. :( i have feelings to you know LOL.

yeah i mean he was just an ally for white beard and he was much closer to him. jimbi at best right now will be a long term friend to the crew and stay in touch as a recurring character.
    I Just mentioned the incident with Nami as a reason he might join the crew, it's the only reason I mentioned it. I still don't think he's the joining the Strawhat crew. Plus as I've stated until Luffy or the crew in the manga state that Zoro is first-mate there is no first-mate. Show me an issue where Luffy or the Strawhat crew say that Zoro is the first-mate then your right and the arguments until then sorry. All you have to do is show me the issue. Can you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Spoiler!

Same Page, same chapter, same translation, different groups. The first picture is provided by Franky House and the second picture is provided by Binktopia. Two completely different groups of people translated it the same way. In the world of which One Piece takes place, Zoro is acknowledged as the first mate, therefore Oda acknowledges Zoro as the first mate for he is the one who writes the dialog for his characters.

Now, about Nami; The way you depict her is that she truly the Captain of the crew, because she is the one giving all the orders right?
    Yes and the world govenment says that Chopper is a pet doesn't mean it's true. Plus it's pretty arrogant to say what is in Oda's mind. You don't truly know what's in his mind, so you shouldn't make a statement like that.

^You seem to be a real noob when it comes to forums like this. Don't double post, use the edit button located at the bottom right of your post if you wanna change or add something.

sig made by me

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Chaos View Post
    http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/34376629/9

Now how could he do that by joining the SH's?

Also at xace or whatever (the kid talking about arisart not being able to make valid points because he curses). Are you kidding me with that shit????? Fuck outta here bro.
    Dude, if anything that page makes the likelihood of him leaving the island all the more...likely. Shit. How can he carry on her seed and break the shackles of S&M bondage and yadda yadda on one small island under the sea where almost the entire population is fishmen? James Bond is a pretty logical guy, so it's highly probable that he'll deduce that the best way to foster improved human/fishman relations is by taking his message to the streets, so to speak. I.E. Joining the Luffy on his journey. (Take THAT, all you people who say he won't have a job! He will be the Strawhat's official "Preacher"!)

Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    You guys love to give it to the newbies eh....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9JqTA8rdsg
    Sad, but first thing I thought about! Just put xaio's name in there X-D

Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    Also on the idea of Jinbie joining the crew because he was 'indebted' to Nami, it seems that for the last few chapters with Jinbie he's indebted to a lot of people, I think he's said that to Law/Luffy/Ivankov/Nami/Shirahoshi and I want to say he said he was indebted to the WB Pirates in general too (not just WB himself)
    IKR? If he's not careful, he's gonna max out his Fishman Credit Card! Then I guess he'll have to start giving cash and/or blowjobs to everyone he's ever wronged.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by xace13x View Post
    I Just mentioned the incident with Nami as a reason he might join the crew, it's the only reason I mentioned it. I still don't think he's the joining the Strawhat crew. Plus as I've stated until Luffy or the crew in the manga state that Zoro is first-mate there is no first-mate. Show me an issue where Luffy or the Strawhat crew say that Zoro is the first-mate then your right and the arguments until then sorry. All you have to do is show me the issue. Can you do that?
    Okay, now you're just kinda being a dick about it. You do not need to see an issue where Luffy states Zoro as the first mate, because X-squared showed the page where Luffy's freaking CREATOR (come on!) stated Zoro as the Strawhat's first mate. And as the mind from whence Luffy and all of the other fictional people and fictional positions in the One Piece universe originate, I'd say that Oda's word trumps Luffy's, wouldn't you?!

Come on, dude, forums aren't fun if you're just going to put your fingers in your ear and do the "LA-LA-LA-LAICAN'THEARYOU!" thing. There's nothing wrong with a "That's a good point" or "I didn't think of it that way", and then move on to the next topic/theory.

Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Rayleigh: Haki a power found in all living creatures! Only a few utilize it! (named characters)
    Cross: No Zoro will not get it!! DEMONIC POWERS FROM HELL HE HAS THOUGH!
    Oda: The fuck?!
    Rayleigh: Zoro has haki.
    Cross: No he doesn't!
    Oda: Zoro has haki!
    Cross: You got no proof!
    He posted that yesterday (?) in the chapter discussion thread, and I thought it was hilarious because it's such an over-exaggeration of cross's style. No real person would ever be that determined to argue in the face of being wrong.

You're dangerously close to fulfilling this scenario. Just pull it back a bit :-)
    Last edited by Sirxxx; 08-05-2011 at 05:13 PM.

THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

Cmon guyz, just chill
    I can see where xace13x is coming from,
    Since most of the nowadays tasks of a 1st-mate on the ship are preformed by Nami.
    But In the pirate crews there was a slight difference:

First Mate: A pirate crew-member sometimes had this position as the captain's right-hand man and the one who would assume his role if he were killed in battle or could no longer perform his duties. This was often considered the job of a lieutenant in a regular navy.
    -> sounds like zoro

Quartermaster: Is in charge of maintaining order, distributing rations and supplies, delegating work, and guarding and dividing plunder. In fighting, the quartermaster decided what ships were worth it and often led any boarding party, ultimately deciding what loot to keep. When discipline or punishment was necessary, only he could give it, but even then it was with the agreement of the captain or the vote of the pirate crew.
    -> sounds kinda like the things Nami does.

& the issue of Chopper being seen to the WG as the SH's pet is more of a joke-thingy...
    You can't really use that as a really vallid arguement.
    When Oda literally states it in the dialogues he wrote, it was used as a reference to how crazy Luffy must be in their eyes.
    I don't think the thought twice about what he wrote, he just did since it's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    Dude, if anything that page makes the likelihood of him leaving the island all the more...likely. Shit. How can he carry on her seed and break the shackles of S&M bondage and yadda yadda on one small island under the sea where almost the entire population is fishmen? James Bond is a pretty logical guy, so it's highly probable that he'll deduce that the best way to foster improved human/fishman relations is by taking his message to the streets, so to speak. I.E. Joining the Luffy on his journey. (Take THAT, all you people who say he won't have a job! He will be the Strawhat's official "Preacher"!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9JqTA8rdsg
    Sad, but first thing I thought about! Just put xaio's name in there X-D

IKR? If he's not careful, he's gonna max out his Fishman Credit Card! Then I guess he'll have to start giving cash and/or blowjobs to everyone he's ever wronged.

Okay, now you're just kinda being a dick about it. You do not need to see an issue where Luffy states Zoro as the first mate, because X-squared showed the page where Luffy's freaking CREATOR (come on!) stated Zoro as the Strawhat's first mate. And as the mind from whence Luffy and all of the other fictional people and fictional positions in the One Piece universe originate, I'd say that Oda's word trumps Luffy's, wouldn't you?!

Come on, dude, forums aren't fun if you're just going to put your fingers in your ear and do the "LA-LA-LA-LAICAN'THEARYOU!" thing. There's nothing wrong with a "That's a good point" or "I didn't think of it that way", and then move on to the next topic/theory.

He posted that yesterday (?) in the chapter discussion thread, and I thought it was hilarious because it's such an over-exaggeration of cross's style. No real person would ever be that determined to argue in the face of being wrong.

You're dangerously close to fulfilling this scenario. Just pull it back a bit :-)[/QUOTE]

Actually all that scene shows is a group of Pirates that make an assumption that Zoro is the first-mate when the only info they have is from the wanted posters and newspapers. They don't really know how the Strawhats operate.
    Oba has a reason for most of what he does in the comic. Don't you think he might have a reason for the crew not stating who is first-mate?

^ no he doesn't
    Even though the SH's don't care about this 'first mate'-stuff and act indeed like a family,
    in One Piece (seen on all occasions) the captain is regarded as the strongest crew member & the first mate as the crew's second strongest.

Benn Beckman (Red Hair Pirates)
    Mohji (Buggy Pirates)
    Jango (Black Cat Pirates)
    Sarquiss (Bellamy Pirates)
    Silvers Rayleigh (Roger Pirates)

And since Zoro has had a fighting power close or even equal to Luffy's, u can do the math on ur own.
    Last edited by Flare Blitz; 08-05-2011 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xace13x View Post
    Actually all that scene shows is a group of Pirates that make an assumption that Zoro is the first-mate when the only info they have is from the wanted posters and newspapers. They don't really know how the Strawhats operate.
    Oba has a reason for most of what he does in the comic. Don't you think he might have a reason for the crew not stating who is first-mate?
    Ok, I see where this is headed so I'll take my own advice and agree to disagree with you on whether Zoro is first mate or not. I don't think it'll change his actions/character/impact in the story, so it could work either way.

Also, has anyone wondered: Why the hell would the Marines want the Strawhat's "pet" dead, anyway? If any of them had witnessed chopper's fights and the things he's done, his bounty would NOT be 50. And if they haven't, then he's just a cute little tag-along tanuki. That'd be like them capturing the Rumbar pirates, then, as they sailed away, dropped twenty-seven pounds of C4 on poor Laboon! Akainu must be in charge of drawing up posters--it reeks of some of his "absolute justice" bulls**t (or should I say "malarkey". Don't want any of the forum members doubting my intelligence ;-))

THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    Ok, I see where this is headed so I'll take my own advice and agree to disagree with you on whether Zoro is first mate or not. I don't think it'll change his actions/character/impact in the story, so it could work either way.

Also, has anyone wondered: Why the hell would the Marines want the Strawhat's "pet" dead, anyway? If any of them had witnessed chopper's fights and the things he's done, his bounty would NOT be 50. And if they haven't, then he's just a cute little tag-along tanuki. That'd be like them capturing the Rumbar pirates, then, as they sailed away, dropped twenty-seven pounds of C4 on poor Laboon! Akainu must be in charge of drawing up posters--it reeks of some of his "absolute justice" bulls**t (or should I say "malarkey". Don't want any of the forum members doubting my intelligence ;-))
    That is fine to agree to disagree. Maybe in a future story line Oba will have a reason for The Strawhats to name a first-mate, which I agree will probably be Zoro. I'm just thinking maybe there's a good reason he hasn't.

As for Chopper the 50 beri bounty is a funny thing, but it staid at 50 at least till the time skip. Maybe the WG is thinking with such a small bounty might turn in the rest of their crew to get rid of it. I don't know it's obviously an idiotic bounty for the WG to come up with.