View Poll Results: Who's next to be in the Straw-Hat Crew?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jinbe

4 21.05%
  • Trafalgar Law

0 0%
  • Caesar Clown

1 5.26%
  • Kinemon (The Samurai)

6 31.58%
  • Caribou

0 0%
  • Other, namely...

8 42.11%
Page 446 of 468 FirstFirst ... 346 396 436 444 445 446 447 448 456 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,460 of 4675
    Xace13x, it's usually better if you don't go arguing with xioaxioa.....he tends to utterly demolish one's theories if you give him too much leeway....

Anyways, I agree with xioa on most of the points, though if I had to choose a first mate based on the series (just calm down xioa), it would be Zoro. Numerous times he has given the crew lectures and what not about various codes or morals (Usopp rejoining) and even early on in this arc he showed true commandment over the group at Ryuugu Palace. Regardless, its just easier to agree that Zoro is Luffy's right hand man undeniably.

Also, as xioa (not to mention this week's chapter) has stated, Jinbei is not joining...though xioa, I still don't understand your contempt against Fishman...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    Xace13x, it's usually better if you don't go arguing with xioaxioa.....he tends to utterly demolish one's theories if you give him too much leeway....

Anyways, I agree with xioa on most of the points, though if I had to choose a first mate based on the series (just calm down xioa), it would be Zoro. Numerous times he has given the crew lectures and what not about various codes or morals (Usopp rejoining) and even early on in this arc he showed true commandment over the group at Ryuugu Palace. Regardless, its just easier to agree that Zoro is Luffy's right hand man undeniably.

Also, as xioa (not to mention this week's chapter) has stated, Jinbei is not joining...though xioa, I still don't understand your contempt against Fishman...
    I agree with most of what you said Zoro is Luffy's right hand man. But when it comes to things needing to be done on the ship Nami's in charge, and rest of the crew recognizes that even Zoro and Luffy. Whether that means money, provisions, ships log or of course navigation. Lets face it the only ones who could pilot the ship solo are Franky and Nami. Another scenerio Zoro might be in charge, but when it comes to the ship it's Nami. But as I said there is no real first-mate.

As for Jinbei I don't understand his contempt either. I never thought that Jinbei would join the crew, but that's because it would be a major demotion from warlord.

I don't mind an honest debate, there's just no need to get hostel and or personal. Unless he wants to be a politician.

dude i know more than any thing DO NOT got at it with X. essentially when he is right and you really don't have a leg to stand on. zoro is the first mate, luffy's second in command and go to guy, nami is the navigator/second mate, orin other words the organizer the brains of th operation and the one that keep the ship moving. but luffy and zoro are the only two on the ship who hole superiority over her.

and jimbi should not join, i gave my bret favre reference B4 and i think it still stands but jimbi is not a war lord so there would be no down grade.

but he does need to calm sown but thats just him, also he is just the leader of the natiz branch against fish men so just ignore that his hate for fish men.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The ship has no first-mate, the crew is to small they don't need one. Until Luffy or the rest of the crew acknowledge someone as first-mate, there is no first-mate.

^I don't believe anyone is disputing this fact anymore.....

Personally, I don't give a fuck whether it's never been stated that zoro is the first mate or not. To me, he is and I'm sure 99% of OP fans agrees with me. And it doesn't matter if a first mate is needed or not. Heck, if readers don't know that the poneglyphs is a major key in reaching Raftel, everyone would think that the SH don't need an archeologist. They could have a prostitute to be the next straw hat member and nobody would give a fuck.

sig made by me

Personally, I don't give a fuck whether it's never been stated that zoro is the first mate or not. To me, he is and I'm sure 99% of OP fans agrees with me. And it doesn't matter if a first mate is needed or not. Heck, if readers don't know that the poneglyphs is a major key in reaching Raftel, everyone would think that the SH don't need an archeologist. They could have a prostitute to be the next straw hat member and nobody would give a fuck.
    Wow talk about bias. First off until Luffy or the crew recognize a first-mate there isn't one, no matter what you think. Second Robin is more then an archeologist she is also an assassin, plus when she got on the crew she knew the most about the grand line. Also an archeologist can be useful for finding ancient treasure. Third this is a debate forum there is no need to loss your temper, after all in the end it's just a manga, an excellent manga yes, but still just a manga. Losing your temper like that makes you seem like a moron.

^Lmao, and when did I lose my temper? (mind you I'm one of the cooler heads here) You should learn how to tell if people are losing their temper on a subject or just giving their 2 cents about it. Now you're the one who is looking like a moron. I just posted my opinion on it and yeah it is biased and like I said I don't give a damn about it. It's my opinion, I'm not trying to be right about it.

What I'm trying to argue about on the other hand is that just because a first mate isn't needed then there shouldn't be one. The strawhats don't need a musician and they've come along just fine without one. Does that mean Brook isn't needed by the crew? Whether the position is needed or not is irrelevant.

sig made by me

^Lmao, and when did I lose my temper? (mind you I'm one of the cooler heads here) You should learn how to tell if people are losing their temper on a subject or just giving their 2 cents about it. Now you're the one who is looking like a moron. I just posted my opinion on it and yeah it is biased and like I said I don't give a damn about it. It's my opinion, I'm not trying to be right about it.

What I'm trying to argue about on the other hand is that just because a first mate isn't needed then there shouldn't be one. The strawhats don't need a musician and they've come along just fine without one. Does that mean Brook isn't needed by the crew? Whether the position is needed or not is irrelevant.
    Well if you didn't lose your temper then you simply have a foul mouth. Using the F bomb for something like this is ridiculous, and to me it shows lack intellect, plus it gives your opinions no consideration because the F bomb makes you sound like moron. I'm not saying your stupid but if you want to make an intelligent argument don't use the F bomb. Your Quote above I will read and listen to. Now here is mine.

The fact is Brook isn't needed on the crew in a physical nature, but in an emotional one. This pirate crew doesn't act like a pirate crew they act like a family with there roles in the family. Luffy the absentminded father, Zoro the laid back brother, Nami the head-strong mother, Usopp the nerdy son, Sanji the flirty uncle, Chopper the sweat child, Robin the experienced Aunt, Franky the perverted Grandfather, and Brook the long travel great grandfather. This is why they don't need a first-mate. Because they work as a family, not as a crew. They bicker, fight, laugh, and of course care about each other. Plus the on that can best take charge in a situation takes charge. Whether that's Robin, Usopp, Nami, Zoro, etc.

^Yeah I talk like that (even in an intellectual way) here and people doesn't mind and still consider my opinions. I'm careful at the context of the words I use though (since it's what makes a word offensive/bad not the word itself). And yeah I could make an intelligent argument even if I use the word "fuck" to those people who are not sensitive to empty words.

They don't need Brook emotionally. They were just fine without him. They need him on as an additional firepower. Being also a musician is just a bonus for the SH. Yes, they are not a normal crew and acts like family on normal conditions and only acts as a pirate crew in times of trouble. That's why a need for a first mate or not is irrelevant. Actually, the job of a first mate is indeed needed but assigning someone as first mate is irrelevant. As you said Nami does more first mate things on the ship than Zoro but Zoro does more first mate things during a battle or in a serious situation. Luffy could assign Brook as first mate but Zoro and Nami will still do the jobs a normal first mate do so it doesn't matter.

If I have to choose though and setting aside my bias, I would still pick Zoro coz he fits the bill more than Nami. The first mate is usually someone that the captain has full trust in and also his right-hand man. Also, the first mate is usually regarded as the captain's champion, or the crew's second strongest. Zoro could do what Nami does in the ship (navigation not included) but would be very bad at it while Nami can't even if she really tries to do what Zoro brings to the table (ex. being the Captain's champion).

sig made by me