View Poll Results: Who's next to be in the Straw-Hat Crew?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jinbe

4 21.05%
  • Trafalgar Law

0 0%
  • Caesar Clown

1 5.26%
  • Kinemon (The Samurai)

6 31.58%
  • Caribou

0 0%
  • Other, namely...

8 42.11%
Page 445 of 468 FirstFirst ... 345 395 435 443 444 445 446 447 455 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,450 of 4675
    Okay, lets get this party started!

Quote Originally Posted by milo.leon View Post
    I do think the next crew member will be a fishman (am rooting for Jimbi to join) - this would fit the diverse crew Luffy assembled. Luffy himself says he needs his crew and he trusts them to do the things he can't (navigate, cook, fight with swords, etc). I don't think there must be a specific job to fill now since there's already a cook, navigator, first mate, shipwright, etc.

Everyone has a unique skill/characteristic they bring to the table and I think Jimbi would be a good fit because of the fact he's a fishman (show the world human and fishman can co-exist), is a master at fishman karate (have yet to see anyone defeat Jimbi in this area), and Ace asked him to watch over Luffy (best way to do that is become his nakama). Also so far in the arc, the flashbacks involved either Jimbi and Shirahoshi.

The case I have against Shirahoski is she fits the mold of Vivi. Since the fishman island will be destroyed, she might stay with her people to help facilitate the transition to the surface (become their ambassador / queen?). However, the only knock I have against Jimbi joining is we don't quite know what his "dream" is. Would have to be very ambitious because the straw hat crew sure dreams big.

Goals
    Luffy - become pirate king
    Zoro - become #1 swordsman in the world
    Sanji - find All Blue
    Nami - draw a map of the world
    Robin - figure out the void century
    Franky - sail the world in the ship he built
    Chopper - sail the sea with his nakama / become the best doctor
    Brook - see Laboon again
    Jimbi (or other fishman) - ???
    I'll start with you. You seem to have completely skipped over Usopp, plus Franky's dream is to build a ship that can make it the end of Grand Line. Never said anything about sailing in it.

I'll pick on the Jim Beam and Fishermen a little bit later, but first.

Quote Originally Posted by xace13x View Post
    1st off the ship really doesn't have a first-mate, and if they did the first-mate would be Nami. The first-mate takes charge when the captain's not around, or in Nami's case even when the captain's around.
    Now when it comes to Jimbi it's more then that we don't know his dream, Jimbi is already a well known pirate captain, joining the Strawhats would be a big demotion.
    Zoro is the first mate. I would leave it at that, but you seem like you won't take no for an answer. You see, Zoro and Nami joined under a partnership with Luffy, while everyone else joined as a underling. Nami would later defect and rejoin as an underling. Now, like you said, when the captain is not around the first mate takes charge. I would ask you to please reread the whole series and come back to me, but that would take weeks or longer. Zoro has always been the one who takes charge when Luffy wasn't around. Now lets get technical: The job of the first mate is guess this, crows nest. Now with all that being said, Nami is the 2nd mate, and if you actually did your research, was the navigator.

------------------Separate this Bitch----------------

Now lets backtrack to Jimmy and the Fisk.

Jimbi will not join. Again I would like to end it there but you people need your evidence. I will put it in number format so as to make it easier dissecting for you.

1: Past: So we learned of Jimbi's past and can chalk it up to the him joining side, right? Except that It wasn't his past but Fishmen Islands past. Also, it's supposed to be a sad past. A sad past that involves the despair of ONE PERSON! Robin and Brook are SOLE survivors, and everyone else is an outcast. Yes, Jimbi is an outcast, but is still seen as a saint on fishmen island, unlike the crew, who where treated as monsters or delinquents on there homelands(or place of finding if it wasn't their home) until the rest of the crew intervened.

2: Jimbi is no longer stronger than Luffy. So? What does that have to do with anything? Unless he can effectively get his ass handed to him by Zoro or Sanji, this is no argument. Let's look at it this way; Jimbi joins. The Monster Trio is now defunct for there is now four of them. I have more for this section but would like to see your input before I throw out more shit.

3: Dream: What is Jimbi's dream that he can only accomplish through traversing the grand line with Luffy and Crew? Is it to protect Luffy? To see Luffy become the Pirate King? No, that would completely destroy the whole story. Is it to Unify and in the racism between Human and Bottom Feeders? He could do that while remaining on Fishmen island. So when do we learn about this dream of Jimbi's? Well, we usually find out about the dreams in the flashback/sad past.

4: Shirohoshi will join. Ridiculous!

5: Jimbi was in the group shot/line up. This should be moot, but it will always be brought up. Franky, Robin, Brook and Nami all had these group shots/ line ups in their arcs. Not a single one of them was in the shot. The fact that Jimbi was in the shot is more of a reason he won't join.

/////////////Conclusion////////////////

I know I showed a lot of biased Opinions in this post, but it did not distract from the logic. Yeah, I find fishmen to be rather boring and stupid, but as soon as there is evidence that a fishman will join, my opinion will change.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

[QUOTE=xioaxioa;878996]Okay, lets get this party started!

I'll start with you. You seem to have completely skipped over Usopp, plus Franky's dream is to build a ship that can make it the end of Grand Line. Never said anything about sailing in it.

I'll pick on the Jim Beam and Fishermen a little bit later, but first.

Zoro is the first mate. I would leave it at that, but you seem like you won't take no for an answer. You see, Zoro and Nami joined under a partnership with Luffy, while everyone else joined as a underling. Nami would later defect and rejoin as an underling. Now, like you said, when the captain is not around the first mate takes charge. I would ask you to please reread the whole series and come back to me, but that would take weeks or longer. Zoro has always been the one who takes charge when Luffy wasn't around. Now lets get technical: The job of the first mate is guess this, crows nest. Now with all that being said, Nami is the 2nd mate, and if you actually did your research, was the navigator.

I said there really isn't a first-mate, because there isn't. All Zoro does in the Crows nest is workout and sleep. The entire crew is very individualistic with their own goals, that act more like a family then a pirate crew. I did not say that Nami was the first-mate, I said if they had a first-mate she is it, because she's the one who always gives the orders, even to the captain. By the the way I know she's the navigator, she's always been the navigator. Now if Zoro could be both the swordsman and first-mate, why can't Nami be both Navigator and first-mate? I repeat the ship doesn't have a first-mate. It is such a small crew it doesn't need one.

I knew you wouldn't take no for an answer. I guess I actually have to brake it down for you. So please reread what I wrote in my previous post. Think about it. I mean really think about it. You jumped the gun, so I will say this again. better yet, I will give you proof.
    read up.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_mate
    Second Mate: Navigator: Nami
    I never wrote anything about you not knowing Nami was the navigator. I was only saying that the Navigator is the second mate.

Now you said, that Nami is in control when Luffy is not around. Wrong. Zoro is the one giving the orders when Luffy is not around. Without Blackmail, Zoro has never listened to Nami. Not once. Even with Luffy, those are not orders, it's only advice or comic relief. Who came up with the strategies they used in Arabasta? Who lead the attack on Enies Lobby and the counter attack on Thriller Bark?

I'll stop here for now, I'm lazy.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    I knew you wouldn't take no for an answer. I guess I actually have to brake it down for you. So please reread what I wrote in my previous post. Think about it. I mean really think about it. You jumped the gun, so I will say this again. better yet, I will give you proof.
    read up.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_mate
    Second Mate: Navigator: Nami
    I never wrote anything about you not knowing Nami was the navigator. I was only saying that the Navigator is the second mate.

Now you said, that Nami is in control when Luffy is not around. Wrong. Zoro is the one giving the orders when Luffy is not around. Without Blackmail, Zoro has never listened to Nami. Not once. Even with Luffy, those are not orders, it's only advice or comic relief. Who came up with the strategies they used in Arabasta? Who lead the attack on Enies Lobby and the counter attack on Thriller Bark?

I'll stop here for now, I'm lazy.
    All you quoted are battles, which in truth is all Zoro really knows is how to fight. Zoro has never been all that bright. There is no first-mate, the crew is to small it doesn't need one. Oh yes he does listen to Nami, because the ship can't go anywhere without her, and the whole crew knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by xace13x View Post
    All you quoted are battles, which in truth is all Zoro really knows is how to fight. Zoro has never been all that bright. There is no first-mate, the crew is to small it doesn't need one. Oh yes he does listen to Nami, because the ship can't go anywhere without her, and the whole crew knows it.
    Seeing as this is a battle manga and the crew has done nothing but battle... That's right, I forgot about the economic and diplomatic part of this manga. Silly me.
    Now I will refer you to chapter 106.
    Also, seeing as you haven't figured it out by now, I'm not debating on wither there is a first mate or not. It's over you having a biased opinion that clouds your logic.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

Oops on Usopp - forgot to add him. Well his goal is to be a brave warrior of the sea if you wanted to know

Also re: Franky, Iceburg had to convince him that he should sail on the ship he built to make sure it sailed the seas successfully. So I consider this part of his dream - he's watching over his baby!

Regarding Jimbi joining the monster trio - He gives them another dimension of attack (underwater combat / mastery of water if fighting on land) that no one else in the crew can do. In terms of power, he probably would be on the level of Zoro/Sanji if not just below? Don't see why this would be a problem?

If anything, the New World requires more powerful crewmates in order to complete the journey, so there's a good chance that the "power structure" (Monster Trio - Robin - Franky - Nami - whatever order you want) of the SH might change.

Quote Originally Posted by milo.leon View Post
    Oops on Usopp - forgot to add him. Well his goal is to be a brave warrior of the sea if you wanted to know

Also re: Franky, Iceburg had to convince him that he should sail on the ship he built to make sure it sailed the seas successfully. So I consider this part of his dream - he's watching over his baby!

Regarding Jimbi joining the monster trio - He gives them another dimension of attack (underwater combat / mastery of water if fighting on land) that no one else in the crew can do. In terms of power, he probably would be on the level of Zoro/Sanji if not just below? Don't see why this would be a problem?

If anything, the New World requires more powerful crewmates in order to complete the journey, so there's a good chance that the "power structure" (Monster Trio - Robin - Franky - Nami - whatever order you want) of the SH might change.
    Read the latest chapter. Jinbei isn't joining.

Also xioa was correct on every point in regards to your statement about the crew not having any first-mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Chaos View Post

Also xioa was correct on every point in regards to your statement about the crew not having any first-mate.
    So it seems. Another dream of mine dashed! Oh well...

To clarify - the debate re: first mate was with xace13x

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Chaos View Post

Also xioa is correct on every point regardless.
    Truth.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Seeing as this is a battle manga and the crew has done nothing but battle... That's right, I forgot about the economic and diplomatic part of this manga. Silly me.
    Now I will refer you to chapter 106.
    Also, seeing as you haven't figured it out by now, I'm not debating on wither there is a first mate or not. It's over you having a biased opinion that clouds your logic.
    Yes there are a lot of battles in One Piece, but calling it a battle manga is selling it short. The series is far more complex then that. You talk of my bias what of your own bias. He may be the 1st chosen doesn't make him the first-mate. My logic is rather sound on the ship Nami's in charge chapter 106 shows that, or are you referring to Zoro not doing what Nami said because he was sleeping, he was punished for that.

Now I repeat there is no First-Mate. They don't need one. But you don't need to get personal on these debates it makes you see like a jerk.