View Poll Results: Who's next to be in the Straw-Hat Crew?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jinbe

    4 21.05%
  • Trafalgar Law

    0 0%
  • Caesar Clown

    1 5.26%
  • Kinemon (The Samurai)

    6 31.58%
  • Caribou

    0 0%
  • Other, namely...

    8 42.11%
Page 428 of 468 FirstFirst ... 328 378 418 426 427 428 429 430 438 ... LastLast
Results 4,271 to 4,280 of 4675
  1. #4271
    H+ xioaxioa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Location Moved
    Posts
    2,714
    Jimbie has no reason to join. ALL The Straw Hats joined do to selfish reasons. They all joined for their own sake and because they owe their life to Luffy. That goes the same with all other characters mentioned thus far. They won't join because they don't owe Luffy as much as the rest of the Straw Hats and they don't have any reason to leave where they are now. If anything Luffy owes people like Jimbie and Mr. 2 a life debt and should join them.

    I Love You!
    Spoiler!

  2. #4272
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,776
    well i agree for the most part unless they get there own reasons i still think if we ever see MR.2 again that he could join because he and luffy have such a strong bond that would be his reason for joining. but i agree on jimbi he just does not need to join.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #4273
    Senior Member FenixMarco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    3,707

    One Piece

    Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    Yeah, didn't they get more money that they got because Perona was robbing Moira but got "poofed away" by Kuma? Don't they still have that money or what remains from it, since they never really spent anything at the auction?
    The thing about tomboys like everything else, there is varying degrees. You can dress it(like a boy), or like an unconcerned with styles, and matching, or even cleanliness girl. The way you move, walk, act, talk and what you do in certain situations can indicate it. But you don't necessarily have to have all 5 or 6 of those qualities be equal, total, or the only indicators of a tomboy.

    No doubt we know very little about Bonney overall, but what Oda has shown. But I think what he has shown was supposed to be indicative as to some of her habits. In this instance a big factor in why I said she was a tomboy other than being a female leader on a probably male-dominated ship, was her eating a meal at that place scene. No doubt a girl can just have a "healthy ravenous appetite" like Luffy, but I think IMHO that to have Bonney spread-legged, out in public after eating a huge meal is indicative of tomboy tendencies. No offense to any1 but to do that would either indicate perhaps either a willingness to spread your legs for obvious other reasons, or some tomboyish aspects to your personality. Since it was related to right after she just ate i would lean more towards tomboyish qualities.
    I have been friends with lots of different girls and women, and they have been massively comfortable with me. Some of them @ that point in their lives, I would call them definite tomboys. But I do not recall any of them being comfortable enough to do that around me or any other guy in public. Seems like 1 of those things that goes against everything almost every mom would teach most
    daughters to do IMHO. In fact I would say most girls, even tomboy girls or woman would not do it so much that it is almost an all male characteristic.



    Agreed, Not only Brook but Robin, and Franky also sort of fill that role as the older crew. I think it would take a unique or rather very similar to what happened to Brook experience(in that they would have lost former crew, desperate for new crew even if they are of the younger generation), in order to get and explain another older generation member to join. Besides I see it as basically another older generation person would be like Rayleigh in a "teach them and send them on their way" sort of attitude.
    The money bit was directed towards Blackriot not you. Guess you was answering him as well? Anyways good point on the Bonney scene with her eating, but actually I think I'm the one just seeing Tomboy differently. I don't know I still don't see that personality in Bonney.

    Quote Originally Posted by joshecalpoly View Post
    Ill admit it I am liking Jimbei more and more. If the SH have grown enough then it should not be a problem. He has an amazing personality and he fights well, plus he can steer a ship in battle conditions.
    Yeah Jinbe's one my favorites, think he's the coolest looking fishman too. Also enjoy the fact he's based off the whale shark. As for him joining the crew I'm not against , but like Xioa I don't see it happening. Although I will admit if there's anyone to speculate about being the next member Jinbe is still alive unlike Perona and Boa.

  4. #4274
    Senior Member Blackriot69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Jimbie has no reason to join. ALL The Straw Hats joined do to selfish reasons. They all joined for their own sake and because they owe their life to Luffy. That goes the same with all other characters mentioned thus far. They won't join because they don't owe Luffy as much as the rest of the Straw Hats and they don't have any reason to leave where they are now. If anything Luffy owes people like Jimbie and Mr. 2 a life debt and should join them.
    I agree withthe Jimbe part but disagree with the crew owing so much to Luffy. Sure they all have their own aspirations and "selfish" reasons, but we already have seen them as being willing to throw that all away because they care so much for one another. Also, it isn't or at least to me the basis of Luffy doing something for the other that will allow them to join. Luffy has asked people and they haven't joined bc they owe Luffy anything, and then you have Usopp who was simply asked to join and Robin who invited herself to the crew. The crew is a crew because they all have individual dreams to fulfill but still hold a similar aspiration of adventure and friendship.

    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    The money bit was directed towards Blackriot not you. Guess you was answering him as well? Anyways good point on the Bonney scene with her eating, but actually I think I'm the one just seeing Tomboy differently. I don't know I still don't see that personality in Bonney.

    Yeah Jinbe's one my favorites, think he's the coolest looking fishman too. Also enjoy the fact he's based off the whale shark. As for him joining the crew I'm not against , but like Xioa I don't see it happening. Although I will admit if there's anyone to speculate about being the next member Jinbe is still alive unlike Perona and Boa.
    First, I am fully aware of her going bankrupt. I was just joking about her tendency to hord money and be a stickler for spending it. She probably has a secret stash somewhere nonetheless lol.

    Lastly, I argue that Jimbe joining is just as dead as Boa and Perona. Just because they aren't currently in the story line anymore doesn't mean they can't reoccur later and have the possibility of joining. So Jimbe being a bigger role this arc is no indication of him joining if not one towards him sooner remaining an ambassador like pirate to the island.

  5. #4275
    The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,304
    Lastly, I argue that Jimbe joining is just as dead as Boa and Perona.
    Thats not true since Jimbei is a main character this arc while Perona and Hancock are out of the scene.

    Perona isn't going to join shes way to Moria Obsessed.

    Luffy doesn't even know Bonny Jewelry is, and her personality doesn't match with luffy ideals

    And like Fm said the gag of Luffy vs Bonny in a eating contest would get old fast just like sanji's nosebleeds.

    caribou isn't gonna join either just look at all the trouble he caused for them. when they find out what he did he's gonna get a can of whoop ass opened on em'



    I still don't think were gonna get a crew member this arc, but that might change since this arc isn't gonna end any time soon
    Last edited by dct21; 03-21-2011 at 11:11 PM.

  6. #4276
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,776
    Quote Originally Posted by dct21 View Post
    I still don't think were gonna get a crew member this arc, but that might change since this arc isn't gonna end any time soon
    i agree with this i mean oda could be waiting to introduce a possible straw hat crew member. i mean some one could come later in the arc
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #4277
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    The money bit was directed towards Blackriot not you. Guess you was answering him as well?
    Nah, u guys brought it up so I was really just asking the question.
    They seemed like they had a good deal of money to try and legally buy Camie but just not enough for how much mermaids cost. Seeing as how they did not really actually spend it on Camie and they shouldn't really have had any time after that to spend money, so I thought they should still have a great deal of money left? right or wrong?

  8. #4278
    I don't see a problem with a new female joining, as long as theirs a good storyline behind her and why she joined in the first place.

    I think the Straw Hats need a wiser crew member, someone that has the age to back their "git" if that makes sense, however I don't see that happening in the future.

    I think the next crew member will be apart of a big arc, or we've already seen the next crew member of the Straw Hats.
    "I will become the Pirate King" Monkey D Luffy

  9. #4279
    Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    PDengkholan Blah Gono
    Posts
    2,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni R.Li Roux View Post
    I don't see a problem with a new female joining, as long as theirs a good storyline behind her and why she joined in the first place.

    I think the Straw Hats need a wiser crew member, someone that has the age to back their "git" if that makes sense, however I don't see that happening in the future.

    I think the next crew member will be apart of a big arc, or we've already seen the next crew member of the Straw Hats.
    Robin and Nami.

    i don`t think so..the problem is every crew member luffy gathered so far is on his ideals from the start swordsman as firstmate,navigator,cheff,doctor,musician,shipwrig ht...what else the job left on the ship?????

    until brook fans knew he will join,1st he`s a musician 2nd he has history with laboon....the only thing luffy said about FI is...'i bet there will be many funny people there" not a hint whatsoever about new crew...so i assume Oda will troll us om FI..and gave a new crew at the NW.
    __________________


    Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

    -----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

  10. #4280
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,776
    Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    Robin and Nami.

    i don`t think so..the problem is every crew member luffy gathered so far is on his ideals from the start swordsman as firstmate,navigator,cheff,doctor,musician,shipwrig ht...what else the job left on the ship?????

    until brook fans knew he will join,1st he`s a musician 2nd he has history with laboon....the only thing luffy said about FI is...'i bet there will be many funny people there" not a hint whatsoever about new crew...so i assume Oda will troll us om FI..and gave a new crew at the NW.
    or we get a comedian character? but a strong fighter as well. i mean im sure oda will bring some one to tease us or possibly add that person to the crew i mean. but again there are tons of jobs that could be filled that are not necessarily necessary and they still do not have a helms men.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •