View Poll Results: Who's next to be in the Straw-Hat Crew?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jinbe

4 21.05%
  • Trafalgar Law

0 0%
  • Caesar Clown

1 5.26%
  • Kinemon (The Samurai)

6 31.58%
  • Caribou

0 0%
  • Other, namely...

8 42.11%
Page 408 of 468 FirstFirst ... 308 358 398 406 407 408 409 410 418 458 ... LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 4675
    ^ Actiually all we did was sum up the facts why Caribou isn't strawhat-material.
    Ofc we can't tell for certain why some one will or won't become a crewmember,
    in the end it's Oda who decides it anyway.
    But we can try to create some kind of profile of a possible next crew-member based on the situation at hand.
    And the situation we got now certainly leans in a slightly good direction.

I don't see why u have a problem with that, this is what the thread is about anyway.
    Btw, I don't think anyone has been using such simplistic reasons to begin with.

I was wondering would the mermaid princesses be 30+ ? if she is she cane join the strawhats haha
    Plz just ignore the bad english

Quote Originally Posted by Flare Blitz View Post
    ^ Actiually all we did was sum up the facts why Caribou isn't strawhat-material.
    Ofc we can't tell for certain why some one will or won't become a crewmember,
    in the end it's Oda who decides it anyway.
    But we can try to create some kind of profile of a possible next crew-member based on the situation at hand.
    And the situation we got now certainly leans in a slightly good direction.

I don't see why u have a problem with that, this is what the thread is about anyway.
    Btw, I don't think anyone has been using such simplistic reasons to begin with.
    agreed and all i said was they need another first string type guy witch i think most of us can agree on
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunder Luffy View Post
    I was wondering would the mermaid princesses be 30+ ? if she is she cane join the strawhats haha
    simply put TL no offense but just NO.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    Ah shoot...well that eliminates my claim...so what are we saying here then? The new "trios" are:
    Monster-Luffy, Zoro, Sanji (Cross I still think Luffy will remain since people now recognize him in it)
    Middle-Franky, Robin, Usopp (since he graduated)
    Weakling-Chopper, Nami, Brook

That is what I think by what manga evidence and speculation. Yet I still think and hope the weakling trio is eliminated as a trio and all three of them graduate to join the rest of the crew under the Monster Trio
    Well like i said it is just a self classification from the crew members upon themselves, so in any technical preference the "weakling" trio doesn't actually exist so it's interchangable so it can go as far as the "Weakling" Quintet if they wish, although the Monster Trio is completely different since it has been established outside of the crew which the "weakling" trio hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    No Luffy and Zoro is equal in strength but sanji is weaker,since Oda himself gave a 6/6 as a point to compare their strength,but give sanji 5/6.

The problem with predicting the next nakama is that there is a whole bunch of noobs who use extremely stupid and unrelevant plotpoints and/or backgrounds, to try to connect them in a pathetic attempt to "prove" or search for a "pattern" that will make their favorite character "nakama material".

Most recent example: all SH were antagonist even in the slightest sense at some point, conclusion? Caribou is eligible for nakama.

Or, every SH helped Luffy or someone of the crew before joining, conclusion? Perona is eligible for nakama for helping Zoro.

Or, every SH ended up liking Luffy before joining, conclusion? Hancock is eligible for nakama.

Seriously guys.
    Inserted

And the first example doesn't even make sense, Chopper and Brooke

And i would have to say their are some patterns that haven't been demolish but the fact that some have been demolished should be a sign that no pattern that still stands is safe and we shouldn't really trust them
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunder Luffy View Post
    Hahaha! Ofcourse, ofcourse
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

“Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character”
    T. Alan Armstrong

[QUOTE=Gypseslice;765066]Well like i said it is just a self classification from the crew members upon themselves, so in any technical preference the "weakling" trio doesn't actually exist so it's interchangable so it can go as far as the "Weakling" Quintet if they wish, although the Monster Trio is completely different since it has been established outside of the crew which the "weakling" trio hasn't.

Ok that was what I was basically getting at with the Monster Trio being recognized outside the crew and therefore probably not changing while the weakling trio or whatever can fluxuate as time permits.

Also, I have to agree Oda sort of toys with us when the possibility of a new crew member presents itself. People believed bc Hancock was so examined and having a tragic backstory and on top of that her love sickness, follow Luffy and be his nakama. Jimbe was also a possiblility, so was Hachi and Mr2 bc they showed up in the story again. Of course people also believed everyone after being split up would bring their respected "trainers" and the crew would double. But then you look at Robin and Franky who were 'bad guys' and for the most part their introduction to the crew was quite unexpected and in many cases unorthodox. Chopper's can even be considered as such when Dr. K. chased him to join the crew. So speculating the crews new members aren't entirely stupid or noob speculations, just our own 'Oda' unpredicability shining through :p

I have to agree with you on almost all of that although when you look back on it people might have been judging the pattern of flashbacks wrongly, it was in fact that in a flashback that has a tragic past and shows a quality which is useful is how it has been with the SH members joining look back on it:

- Chopper: showed medical learning skills
    - Nami: great with geology
    Even Usopp : they used he daily running as a clock and he cheered sick people up.
    But look as Boa's past : got kidnapped then rescued it never shows her capabilities does it.
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

“Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character”
    T. Alan Armstrong

^ Well, almost every crewmember is often shown it's past during the arc where they joined.
    Good examples are Sanji, Ussop, Frankie, chopper and brook
    Zoro's past was more along the way
    And Namis and Robin's pasts were during later arcs that involved their pasts, and get's 'fixed' by the SH's.
    (for brook & Chopper it was during the same arc they joined though)

This pattern was what lead ppl to believe Vivi would join the SH's, which she would have if not for her duties as a princess.

Boa was slightly different.
    She just told her past to luffy herself. It never got 'fixed' and the main event was the ID and the MF-war in the first place.
    Unlike Sanji whom Luffy wanted to join & who also has a dream which he can't accomplish if he stays at the restaurant..

Though it's cause of what happened to nami and robin: First join & later the past-haunting, that we never know for sure when someone will join or not...

What I want to say is: the 'blood-donor' theory can go so many ways, but the set-up has good potential for a new crewmember.

who knows maybe he will just be saved at a hospital and that's it but pro-bely not as we have seen how blood transfusions between fishmen/merman are illegal
    Plz just ignore the bad english

he will not get blood at a fish man hospital and we do not even know how many people are left in the human town so thats unlikely. i am still banking on my half human half fish man idea for the blood and as i have been saying for months the next crew member.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

First Cross, isn't a Fishman half human(man) and half fish anyways???? lol

Secondly, I am guaranteeing if and when a new crew member joins and it just happens to be a fishman/merman/mermaid, this discussion is going to erupt with who said the next crew member would be a fishman first and why they knew and go back all the way to when we first learned of Fishman Island and the debate of whether a fishman was actually needed or not. Can't wait for that...

Last, I am not against a new crew member coming from FI, and I think the addition of a fishman/merman/mermaid would be quite interesting and give the crew more variety. I especially hope for a fishman new crew member if there is one bc I think they would fit better into the style of the SHs, as well as not having an obvious disadvantage of the mer-people when on land. I'd also like to see possibly a more uncharacteristic fishman character, one that doesn't necessarily fit the buff and menacing looking persona and is more fun loving and laughing sort of fatter guy who still has all the same strengths as a normal fishman but doesn't look like the typical human hating one. This would again fit the SHs happy go easy adventure seeking attitude and again give more variety into the crew.

However, on the same point, there seems to be a few people leaning towards that "Sanji is in need of blood...the crew is on fishman island...despite them going to the human town, Sanji's donor could very well be a fishman...leading to their exhile in the fishman race and joining the SHs" mentality. This seems so logical that I bet it will be the exact opposite of what Oda has in mind. Afterall, Oda isn't the sort of guy to follow the expected outcome.