View Poll Results: Who's next to be in the Straw-Hat Crew?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jinbe

4 21.05%
  • Trafalgar Law

0 0%
  • Caesar Clown

1 5.26%
  • Kinemon (The Samurai)

6 31.58%
  • Caribou

0 0%
  • Other, namely...

8 42.11%
Page 378 of 468 FirstFirst ... 278 328 368 376 377 378 379 380 388 428 ... LastLast
Results 3,771 to 3,780 of 4675
    In the last chapter we are seeing some evidence they need a helmsman, with how dangerous the rocks are not to mention a potential ship battle may make that even more obvious. Who knows perhaps their bubble bursts and jimbei and his friends save the day. Odas style trends to the need of the crew; and since the crew needs a helmsman either in this arc I could see one being added or in the next. Yet besides Jimbei we have yet to see any character display impressive ship handling skills, but Hachi said held help steer them to fishman island suggesting he has some skills. Reason would suggest either one of them would be added but since we have yet to meet anyone else we cant jump to that conclusion either.

Right now we can think of it more as an argument of whether we are seeing a need on the SH crew and then jump to conclusions based on that like we have done for 600 chapters.
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT

Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    my friends no there are no clues for a fish man joining BUT
    logic are the chains of creative oppression that bind humanity, some times you have to loose your self in irrationality, embrace the illogical and fly by the seat of your pants and hope you hit the right answer. LOL yes coming from me this is no shock. just fallow your gut kids LOL but i kid i kid JK JK LOL
    at this point no one, at least not i, is trying to give you clues but probable possibilities we can give you. and have been giving you. and jimbi will not let luffy leave that island unwatched because he wants to honor aces last wish. now can we please stop all this fish man fighting because we are going to find out soon any way
    I'm going to use this to bring up something that I've been thinking about. Why? Because the thing you said about Logic and Creativity was pretty stupid. Great choice of words and makes one think about themselves, but it is still wrong.

It reminds me of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, in which there are only 16 different personalities. If you don't know what that is then go look it up. If you do know what it is then good, this will make some sense. What does this have to do with Logic and Creativity? INTP. Introversion, iNtuition, Thinking, Perception. Logic is Creativity; for those who don't get it. Of course that is only one aspect of INTP and is in no way the whole thing or a simplified version. INTP is only one of the 16 types and is one of the rarest, so you are less likely to find someone with that type of personality. Though I am an INTP and is the primary reason why I used it, besides it being proper for countering Logic and Creativity. So what does this have to do with the next strawhat, or One Piece at all? One can only wonder...

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    I'm going to use this to bring up something that I've been thinking about. Why? Because the thing you said about Logic and Creativity was pretty stupid. Great choice of words and makes one think about themselves, but it is still wrong.

It reminds me of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, in which there are only 16 different personalities. If you don't know what that is then go look it up. If you do know what it is then good, this will make some sense. What does this have to do with Logic and Creativity? INTP. Introversion, iNtuition, Thinking, Perception. Logic is Creativity; for those who don't get it. Of course that is only one aspect of INTP and is in no way the whole thing or a simplified version. INTP is only one of the 16 types and is one of the rarest, so you are less likely to find someone with that type of personality. Though I am an INTP and is the primary reason why I used it, besides it being proper for countering Logic and Creativity. So what does this have to do with the next strawhat, or One Piece at all? One can only wonder...
    that completely depends on your views of logic and humanity itself, and it could be the exact opposite depending on your views. i do know what your talking about by the way, but i am not wrong it was just different from what you believe and and maybe not even what i believe. but i was just showing a point some times logic is binding and unnecessary. but again this really has nothing to do with the next crew member so let get back on topic shall we. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post

Myers Briggs doesnt say that you cant be both a T and F you can be slightly one way or another. Me I am an ENTJ with P tendencies, I plan like to make plans but I rarely make a decision to early in case I am met with unforeseen circumstances
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT

Quote Originally Posted by joshecalpoly View Post
    In the last chapter we are seeing some evidence they need a helmsman, with how dangerous the rocks are not to mention a potential ship battle may make that even more obvious. Who knows perhaps their bubble bursts and jimbei and his friends save the day. Odas style trends to the need of the crew; and since the crew needs a helmsman either in this arc I could see one being added or in the next. Yet besides Jimbei we have yet to see any character display impressive ship handling skills, but Hachi said held help steer them to fishman island suggesting he has some skills. Reason would suggest either one of them would be added but since we have yet to meet anyone else we cant jump to that conclusion either.

Right now we can think of it more as an argument of whether we are seeing a need on the SH crew and then jump to conclusions based on that like we have done for 600 chapters.
    This is simple but yet well thought out reason. But the thing is helmsmen isn't really mentioned as a major job. So it's on the same lines as when people were saying Perona as a scout. Everyone could scout and perform the helmsmen job.

You could say helmsmen need one more experienced with steering the ship into the New World or w/e. But that is something that we do not know yet, not even mentioned in the story. Like a guess on a guess, same could be said about Perona's being the scout since only she could do the ghost powers. Although scout isn't really a major reason needed either.

Just when we was about to get Fishmen island damn Caribo bros interrupt...

Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    This is simple but yet well thought out reason. But the thing is helmsmen isn't really mentioned as a major job. So it's on the same lines as when people were saying Perona as a scout. Everyone could scout and perform the helmsmen job.

You could say helmsmen need one more experienced with steering the ship into the New World or w/e. But that is something that we do not know yet, not even mentioned in the story. Like a guess on a guess, same could be said about Perona's being the scout since only she could do the ghost powers. Although scout isn't really a major reason needed either.

i agree but at the same time people who do those kinds of job are not "necessary" BUT do make life a lot more simple for the rest of the crew so they can be helpful.
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I can't wait!

what is ussops function on the ship exactly. a story teller or what. his only connection to luffy is through his father yasop. so the next strawhat doesn't necessarily need a purpose,just a dream.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post

Actually in the pirate age helmsman was a common job as I have said about 1,000,000 times in this thread and proven about half that time that I am getting sick of proving it. Historian/scholar was a semi-common job and yet the SH have that, because they Ponyglyphs seemed like necessary thing to know about. With only a small percentage of ships surviving due to rocks and other obstacles as mentioned in the last chapter a professional helmsman is a necessity. Also Berguss is a Helmsman so obvious Oda thoght it was enough of a necessity to put it on BB's crew (why they have a helmsman without a boat is beyond me though)

^yes a dream is the identifying factor of a SH but so many characters can be argued as SH potentials because of this fact he is a Gunner/sharpshooter which is a need on the ship
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT

Quote Originally Posted by O-E-M View Post
    what is ussops function on the ship exactly. a story teller or what. his only connection to luffy is through his father yasop. so the next strawhat doesn't necessarily need a purpose,just a dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshecalpoly View Post
    Actually in the pirate age helmsman was a common job as I have said about 1,000,000 times in this thread and proven about half that time that I am getting sick of proving it. Historian/scholar was a semi-common job and yet the SH have that, because they Ponyglyphs seemed like necessary thing to know about. With only a small percentage of ships surviving due to rocks and other obstacles as mentioned in the last chapter a professional helmsman is a necessity. Also Berguss is a Helmsman so obvious Oda thoght it was enough of a necessity to put it on BB's crew (why they have a helmsman without a boat is beyond me though)

^yes a dream is the identifying factor of a SH but so many characters can be argued as SH potentials because of this fact he is a Gunner/sharpshooter which is a need on the ship
    well ussop is the sniper and like i said that is one of those jobs that are not necessary per say but make life on a pirate ship a lot better and helps a lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well true its why they call the guys that load the cannons and sometimes fired them rather then the gunners powder monkeys because back in the day it was one of the lowest level jobs honestly they didnt have rotating cannons so it was a nearly witless task which usually claimed many lives

However, Oda did make it an identified position before Ussop joined so it served purpose in that sense. Helmsman is the only position Oda has IDed besides cabin boy that the SH have left so I still think when the time comes where they need one it will become an addition, both Hachi and Jimbei have dreams and fit the position. The last chapter stressed the difficulty to avoid the rocks and how few ships survive making me think in the same way a ship builder a doctor a cook all were added.
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT