View Poll Results: Who's next to be in the Straw-Hat Crew?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jinbe

    4 21.05%
  • Trafalgar Law

    0 0%
  • Caesar Clown

    1 5.26%
  • Kinemon (The Samurai)

    6 31.58%
  • Caribou

    0 0%
  • Other, namely...

    8 42.11%
Page 377 of 468 FirstFirst ... 277 327 367 375 376 377 378 379 387 427 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,770 of 4675
  1. #3761
    Senior Member joshecalpoly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Anywhere I want to be
    Posts
    1,605
    Wow its been a while Gyp since we discussed the slave trade

    Why i want a fishman is the familiarity with the sea makes them a good addition they can rescue Luffy and the others when the seas get treacherous and they fall in and not to mention I think the connection with the sea may also be a good reason a character may be a good helmsman. Not to mention that difference they have adds diversity to the crew. The truth is weve only seen one overly powerful fismhman and thats jimbei but I dont know where he stacks up now with the current SH. Lets not forget Arlong and his crew got defeated early in the series before Luffy even headed over reverse mountain I wouldnt say theyld be considered the most powerful characters in the manga
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT

  2. #3762
    "Sanji?! Meat!!!" Gypseslice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Raftel aka UK
    Posts
    2,390

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Good point on bringing up the auction thing. But fishman aren't unknown, they are well known. They were introduced like this 12 years ago in Arlong park arc. Not even on the Grandline either, people outside the Grandline knew of them and their strength. I still see the intimidating factor a reason why they won't join regardless if were heading into the New World.
    I don't think you grasped what i was talking about, what i was trying to say is that humans don't understand them as a race, you can live with someone for years and not understand them,i was saying that because of not being able to understand them as a race they fear them since they are different

    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Your Story Illiterate. .
    And how am i 'Story illeterate' because i believe without evidence to hinder my opinion makes something a probability, because i'm pretty sure that is what theory making and creativity is all about.

    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    WTf are you talking about? You joined this forum on 09 December that time during the Manga were was in the middle of the WB war.

    Besides regardless if people posted Brooke would join 2 years ago on this thread when he was first introduced. Still doesn't matter because NO ONE had any solid reason why he would until the obvious reasons. Every arc people will randomly guess any character introduced being the next member, for the most part it's usually someone with huge boobs.
    Just because i joined In December doesn't make it impossible to look back to see other peoples opinions, and how would you know if they had evidence since you obviousally have not looked back
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    You literally missed the point on that one.
    And what was the point of that one because i pretty sure there was no point aside from pulling together a shabby counter arguement
    Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    I can't even pretend to be convinced. All I'm getting out of this is that a Fishman is a "What if" crew member. Trying to come up with reasons for a fishman to join, almost like you are trying to write One Piece. Fishmen are born ten times stronger. Them being stronger than Humans has got nothing to do with it. They were born stronger is the key here. Which Straw Hat was born strong? Non of them. They all got to where they are through the use of either a Devil Fruit or just pure training(or both). The entire Straw Hat crew is made up of Humans. Chopper, the only nonhuman, has the power to turn into a human. Honestly though, I want to see Choppers Human Point to see what it looks like now. Franky is a Cyborg of a Human and Brook is a skeleton of a Human. Saying a Phishman will join is like saying that Oda has ran out of Idea's for unique Straw Hat members and has to resort to creating a character out of what is currently a nearly blank canvass, If that makes any sense.
    I am not trying to convince or anyone, that ship never even tried to sailed; you said from the very beginning that you don't like non human characters becaus eyou thought of them as being strong to start with, all i was trying to do was grasp what was so obvious to you guys why a Fishman wouldn't join, which turns out to be no real reason at all.
    About all of them being human idk even know what to say since your basing a pattern on a group of people that can't be more different from each other, Oda hs made no pattern at all there hasn't been any part in the story line where it was really that possible for a non human (which i'm pretty sure i would class Fishmen as more of a hybrid) to join the crew.
    Thinking that Oda wouldn't add a non-human because there aren't any alreay on the crew is saying that Luffy won't have any because he doesn't want non humans.

    PLUS i have made no points in saying that it is a fixed deal i have only said it as a theory and tbh were just fanboys the possibliity of us thinking of what a person like Oda is gonna do next is hardly a possiblity; Writers think with there hearts and heads, fans think with that small part of our brain that didn't die out when we stopped using a sippy cup
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!


    “Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character”
    T. Alan Armstrong

  3. #3763
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,777
    Quote Originally Posted by joshecalpoly View Post
    Wow its been a while Gyp since we discussed the slave trade

    Why i want a fishman is the familiarity with the sea makes them a good addition they can rescue Luffy and the others when the seas get treacherous and they fall in and not to mention I think the connection with the sea may also be a good reason a character may be a good helmsman. Not to mention that difference they have adds diversity to the crew. The truth is weve only seen one overly powerful fismhman and thats jimbei but I dont know where he stacks up now with the current SH. Lets not forget Arlong and his crew got defeated early in the series before Luffy even headed over reverse mountain I wouldnt say theyld be considered the most powerful characters in the manga
    nice post and i have to agree with most of this, them beating arlong kind of make the whole super powerful fish man thin a none issue for the straw hats.
    i would like to go back to mister 2, i truly think we are going to see him again. and if we see him again, his and luffy's bond is strong enough that i think he has a real chance of joining the crew.
    on the ten crew member thing. i have been saying it all along. oda has not brought it up in years for a reason. he is still making up his mind and he wanted more creative freedom. looks like i was right about that. at least for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #3764
    "Sanji?! Meat!!!" Gypseslice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Raftel aka UK
    Posts
    2,390
    Quote Originally Posted by joshecalpoly View Post
    Wow its been a while Gyp since we discussed the slave trade

    Why i want a fishman is the familiarity with the sea makes them a good addition they can rescue Luffy and the others when the seas get treacherous and they fall in and not to mention I think the connection with the sea may also be a good reason a character may be a good helmsman. Not to mention that difference they have adds diversity to the crew. The truth is weve only seen one overly powerful fismhman and thats jimbei but I dont know where he stacks up now with the current SH. Lets not forget Arlong and his crew got defeated early in the series before Luffy even headed over reverse mountain I wouldnt say theyld be considered the most powerful characters in the manga
    Lol nearly missed that in my mega rant man, Yeah i can't remember the last time we said that xD

    Nice ponts i am nearly really good at explaining why i think things are a possibility but you summed msot of what i was thinking of except the storyline of the character would be very interesting as they would face good reasons in why they chose to fight and strive to be better and stronger
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!


    “Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character”
    T. Alan Armstrong

  5. #3765
    Senior Member FenixMarco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    3,716

    One Piece

    Quote Originally Posted by joshecalpoly View Post
    Wow its been a while Gyp since we discussed the slave trade

    Why i want a fishman is the familiarity with the sea makes them a good addition they can rescue Luffy and the others when the seas get treacherous and they fall in and not to mention I think the connection with the sea may also be a good reason a character may be a good helmsman. Not to mention that difference they have adds diversity to the crew. The truth is weve only seen one overly powerful fismhman and thats jimbei but I dont know where he stacks up now with the current SH. Lets not forget Arlong and his crew got defeated early in the series before Luffy even headed over reverse mountain I wouldnt say theyld be considered the most powerful characters in the manga
    I want a fishman to join, that's the difference from me and Xiao (he's just a straight up hater on them). And nearly everything you just touched on was what I been blabbering about months ago, story wise I don't see it happening currently. Because all those reasons are "what ifs" the same sh*t I was throwing supporting Perona joining for a LONG time until around chapter 597. As of now in the story I do not still see a major reason that HAPPEN in the story to support one joining. Yes I know it could just happen but like I said several times everything could "just" happen in One Piece. It's what's more realistically closer to Oda's story telling is what you will convince me with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gypseslice View Post
    I don't think you grasped what i was talking about, what i was trying to say is that humans don't understand them as a race, you can live with someone for years and not understand them,i was saying that because of not being able to understand them as a race they fear them since they are different
    I got it don't worry about it, I could understand the mind of a ignorant adultchildren pretty damn good. Trust me on that. Your failer to grasp on this is what amazes me. Your comparing or to say go in depths into irrelevant ideas/plot holes, with certain random individuals to what is known by the world. They do not just fear them because they are different and depending on who they are it's different reaction, you could not dodge the bullet that fishmen are known without a doubt surpassing humans in strength naturally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gypseslice View Post
    And how am i 'Story illeterate' because i believe without evidence to hinder my opinion makes something a probability, because i'm pretty sure that is what theory making and creativity is all about.
    Your Story illiterate because well to put it bluntly your opinions are to simplistically near borderline fandom or on the mark and no where near as close to what is really Oda's story telling. When discussing One Piece how you say creative theorizing ,you do not view the story, you view yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gypseslice View Post
    Just because i joined In December doesn't make it impossible to look back to see other peoples opinions, and how would you know if they had evidence since you obviousally have not looked back
    Your either ignoring the points being proven wrong with you (what a surprised) or just really can't comprehend them. Seriously this almost calls for a FP moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypseslice View Post
    And what was the point of that one because i pretty sure there was no point aside from pulling together a shabby counter arguement
    You know what it is, your just playing stupid or like I said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypseslice View Post
    PLUS i have made no points in saying that it is a fixed deal i have only said it as a theory and tbh were just fanboys the possibliity of us thinking of what a person like Oda is gonna do next is hardly a possiblity; Writers think with there hearts and heads, fans think with that small part of our brain that didn't die out when we stopped using a sippy cup
    This is coming from the individual who fails to story wise why it won't happen. If this doesn't defined being a hypocrite any better than the definition itself.

    You ignore the points being thrown at you posting back diverting the actual discussion or try real hard sound it different and yet not realize you are making yourself look like the one not understand anything. The advice that I gave you back when chapter 597 came out didn't quite sink in well I see, though the chapter really destroyed those TRUE fans that were obviously on the ball story wise with Oda. So not surprised.

    Gypse is one of those kids at school that has his head held up so high even when the teacher corrects him he's still deviates from wrongness.

    Gyspe: 1 + 2 = 12

    Teacher: No Gypse it's 3.

    Gyspe: I wasn't finished. 1+ 2= 3

    First path to being right is admitting your wrong.
    Last edited by FenixMarco; 11-07-2010 at 12:09 AM.

  6. #3766
    Sex on Fire Flare Blitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,266
    allright, enough bickering you 2, and back on topic please,
    and we'll see what oda will put on the table
    -If no fishman ends up joining we'll all be like: oh well, it was to be expected, too bad though since it would have been pretty cool and superhandy (except xiao and maybe some others)
    -If one does end up joining we'll all be very happy (except xiao and maybe some others) and FM will just have a major burn up his pooper ^^

  7. #3767
    H+ xioaxioa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Location Moved
    Posts
    2,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Flare Blitz View Post
    allright, enough bickering you 2, and back on topic please,
    and we'll see what oda will put on the table
    -If no fishman ends up joining we'll all be like: oh well, it was to be expected, too bad though since it would have been pretty cool and superhandy (except xiao and maybe some others)
    -If one does end up joining we'll all be very happy (except xiao and maybe some others) and FM will just have a major burn up his pooper ^^
    So you're saying that if a Fishman does not join then no one will care, but if one does join I will be butthurt over it? Two things about that, the first being you admit that you think a fishman won't join(it was a subconscious thought that was hidden in your writing), and the second being that I don't work that way. I try to be more logical, so the moment Oda show's us proof that a fishman will join, then my opinion will change.

    I Love You!
    Spoiler!

  8. #3768
    Senior Member FenixMarco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    3,716

    One Piece

    Quote Originally Posted by Flare Blitz View Post
    allright, enough bickering you 2, and back on topic please,
    and we'll see what oda will put on the table
    -If no fishman ends up joining we'll all be like: oh well, it was to be expected, too bad though since it would have been pretty cool and superhandy (except xiao and maybe some others)
    -If one does end up joining we'll all be very happy (except xiao and maybe some others) and FM will just have a major burn up his pooper ^^
    I will admit I was wrong , I'm not some self-righteous fool, well maybe a fool. Although it's exactly how Xiao states under this. My opinion will obviously change as they are proven wrong it's the same thing that happen with Perona. Point is as of now how the story is going, Fishmen ain't joining, this becomes real clear if you give yourself a quick glance of the overall story and what has happen and happening now. Of course try to stay away from likable thoughts.


    Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    So you're saying that if a Fishman does not join then no one will care, but if one does join I will be butthurt over it? Two things about that, the first being you admit that you think a fishman won't join(it was a subconscious thought that was hidden in your writing), and the second being that I don't work that way. I try to be more logical, so the moment Oda show's us proof that a fishman will join, then my opinion will change.

  9. #3769
    Huh i'd also like for a Fishman to join but I can see well enough what Xiao and FenixMarco are sayin'. No evidence to support that we will. We might get one, or we might not. There's no way of knowing or predicting anyone joining if the character ain't even been introduced yet though.

  10. #3770
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,777
    my friends no there are no clues for a fish man joining BUT
    logic are the chains of creative oppression that bind humanity, some times you have to loose your self in irrationality, embrace the illogical and fly by the seat of your pants and hope you hit the right answer. LOL yes coming from me this is no shock. just fallow your gut kids LOL but i kid i kid JK JK LOL
    at this point no one, at least not i, is trying to give you clues but probable possibilities we can give you. and have been giving you. and jimbi will not let luffy leave that island unwatched because he wants to honor aces last wish. now can we please stop all this fish man fighting because we are going to find out soon any way
    Last edited by cross777; 11-07-2010 at 02:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •