View Poll Results: Who's next to be in the Straw-Hat Crew?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jinbe

4 21.05%
  • Trafalgar Law

0 0%
  • Caesar Clown

1 5.26%
  • Kinemon (The Samurai)

6 31.58%
  • Caribou

0 0%
  • Other, namely...

8 42.11%
Page 376 of 468 FirstFirst ... 276 326 366 374 375 376 377 378 386 426 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,760 of 4675

One Piece

Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    yes i was just bringing it up because i want MR.2 in the thread i know its unlikely but it could happen.
    Mr.2 has not a chance in hell of joining, it won't happen.

and me complaining about the anime has nothing to do with this. oda wanting a certain voice actor means nothing to the story what so ever. because
    one a voice actor can do multiple voices in a series
    and 2 voice actors can be replaced.
    the voice actor that oda wants means nothing to the next crew member or who may or may not join
    You really are this stupid to figure it out? He had Mr.2 voice actor in mind when creating Franky this was said by Oda himself. Meaning he already had plan Mr.2 to just be another side comedy relief character to tag along in the story and not a Crew member. Telling the Anime directors to use Mr. 2's voice actor to be use on Franky's character since that's a character he and us obviously knew already was part of the crew who will be for the rest of journey. They can't double dip the same voice actor on 2 mains characters , hence Mr.2 never was and never will be plan as a crew mate by Oda. Yes all the SH's are the main characters if you haven't noticed.

This is why brought up your anime bitching, since you obviously don't know shit what it takes and needed to create it.

I can't wait!

it will be someone the SH help in the near future. i bet a 400 million beli on that!!!
    Spoiler!

yes i was just bringing it up because i want MR.2 in the thread i know its unlikely but it could happen. and me complaining about the anime has nothing to do with this. oda wanting a certain voice actor means nothing to the story what so ever. because
    one a voice actor can do multiple voices in a series
    and 2 voice actors can be replaced.
    the voice actor that oda wants means nothing to the next crew member or who may or may not join plus
    fyi Kazuki YAO did MR.2 jungo and franky.
    It may not be manga but the Simpsons are good examples of this they have only a few voice actors do many many many roles and in many animes and cartoons one voice actor does 2 or sometimes even more roles. He liked the guy who did Mr. 2's voice and the guy who did Ichigos voice thats why he wanted them we cant look anymore into it then that. Its like saying hey I liked the voice actor who did Vivi lets have her do the next SH. It doesnt mean anything just that it was the person Oda wanted for that part and the voice of Franky and Bon-chan are different enough most voice actors use different voices when doing different characters unlike in the dubs we get here.
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT

Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Yeah if your throwing sh*t at the wall it sounds right, but that could be said about Perona,Boa,Jimbei and so on.
    You said there are plenty of reasons for a fishman to join but so far those haven't even appeared yet. As of right now in the story, there are more reasons for a fishman not to join than anything, story wise.

Here are a few straight to the point reasons why fishman won't join.
    -It's so freaking predictable it's not even funny, especially for someone of Oda's caliber.
    -Fishman are already intimidating world wide, they are already 10x's stronger than humans. Don't go in depth thinking about this (meaning comparing characters) just view the whole picture of the story or you'll miss the point.

In the end a fishman is like Perona so much hype for it and many little things Oda put in the story to get the readers to think they'll join forgetting that is almost is or borderline bad story telling. Oda's a beast keeping the younger crowd and the mature crowd still interested in this yet but still simple story.
    - First Lol, so Brooke wasn't predictable and pretty much half of the crew aswell, your thinking of the storyline not the characters

- And you got it wrong Fishmen are born 10x stronger than humans, whatever they do and how they train would only show up for that strength other wise they would just stay 10x stronger than a human baby which isn't much of a achivement.
    Plus the difference is magnified underwater, where a human's power is cut in half (while Fishmen are completely unhindered, and perhaps even strengthened). Jinbei himself noted that on dry land he had little power to offer.

So you should probablly check your facts

Once you fix that you'll be on the road to being better story literate.
    What are you talking about???
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

“Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character”
    T. Alan Armstrong

The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    I think FM is right, getting a new comrade at Fishman Island would be way to predictable since that's what everyone expects and everyone has been looking foward to every since fishman were introduced in One Piece.

Brooke wasn't predictable
    I don't think brook was predictable at all it kinda came out of nowhere. The only member who was slighlty predictable was franky.

This could be like the sky island arc where they don't gain any members

Brooke was so predictable from the start of that arc we knew he would join, the only one i can say wasn't predictable was Robin so it is a very valid point since some may not have been able to put together what was happening during the story and some were'nt that oblivious to it.
    It can't be called 'predictable' if only 3 maybe 4 people on this thread are saying it is possible, that doesn't even come close to count as a majority

“Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character”
    T. Alan Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by joshecalpoly View Post
    It may not be manga but the Simpsons are good examples of this they have only a few voice actors do many many many roles and in many animes and cartoons one voice actor does 2 or sometimes even more roles. He liked the guy who did Mr. 2's voice and the guy who did Ichigos voice thats why he wanted them we cant look anymore into it then that. Its like saying hey I liked the voice actor who did Vivi lets have her do the next SH. It doesnt mean anything just that it was the person Oda wanted for that part and the voice of Franky and Bon-chan are different enough most voice actors use different voices when doing different characters unlike in the dubs we get here.
    They double dipped on Kenpachi's voice actor from Bleach he voiced Don Krieg and now voicing Akainu. Well up to you guys if you want to believe about Mr.2 Voice actor than Greg from AP did say that and he is a excellent source of OP info. This is some stuff from him reading One Piece Green concerning about the crew having 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    10 may NOT be the limit.

Now how you take that number depends on a few things.

Do you believe BB's crew will increase?

Do you believe Luffy's crew will DEFINITELY fight them one-on-one?

Depending on your answers, you probably see it differently.
    So yeah I was wrong 10 being the DEFINITE limit, but Oda said MAY not be limit he is still pondering about it himself. One Piece Green also said that the 9th member will be in the New World, this you can take in many ways. Is Fishman island consider New World? In my opinion no, and we probably won't get a new member on Fishman Island.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypseslice View Post
    - First Lol, so Brooke wasn't predictable and pretty much half of the crew aswell, your thinking of the storyline not the characters
    Brooke was only predictable when Franky mentioned the Laboon bit in manga. When he was introduced no one had any relevant information or reasons to say he was going to join. So no he wasn't predictable.
    - And you got it wrong Fishmen are born 10x stronger than humans, whatever they do and how they train would only show up for that strength other wise they would just stay 10x stronger than a human baby which isn't much of a achivement.
    Plus the difference is magnified underwater, where a human's power is cut in half (while Fishmen are completely unhindered, and perhaps even strengthened). Jinbei himself noted that on dry land he had little power to offer.
    None of this shit matters. And what the f*ck are you trying to say? I'm wrong fishmen are Born 10xstronger than humans? It's the same damn thing, yes obviously depends on each individual how they train or do their life same shit could be said for the human race. But the point is Fishmen are already intimidating since it's common knowledge in OP they are 10x stronger than humans. Magnified underwater? Fishmen are stronger in water also than humans really now? I would had never guess that. Irrelevant information.
    So you should probablly check your facts
    You should probably talk about the right facts.

What are you talking about???
    1 + 2 = 3

Quote Originally Posted by dct21 View Post
    I think FM is right, getting a new comrade at Fishman Island would be way to predictable since that's what everyone expects and everyone has been looking foward to every since fishman were introduced in One Piece.

I don't think brook was predictable at all it kinda came out of nowhere. The only member who was slighlty predictable was franky.

This could be like the sky island arc where they don't gain any members
    I honestly was rather surprised at Franky joining, yes I know a lot of obvious signs but when I first was watching the anime I was pointing fingers towards Paulie. But than again I was looking for a carpenter Franky wasn't really shown as one till the end/his back story.

Brooke was so predictable from the start of that arc we knew he would join,
    Bullsh*t. There was NOTHING literally NOTHING anyone had to say he join when he was first introduced. Up until Luffy himself accepted him a few moments later. So once Luffy says yes that's predictable?

It can't be called 'predictable' if only 3 maybe 4 people on this thread are saying it is possible, that doesn't even come close to count as a majority
    It's as predictable as Luffy becoming Pirate King.

The 8 and 9 year olds reading One Piece think a Fishmen will join. That's how predictable it is.

Brooke was only predictable when Franky mentioned the Laboon bit in manga. When he was introduced no one had any relevant information or reasons to say he was going to join. So no he wasn't predictable.
    None of this shit matters. And what the f*ck are you trying to say? I'm wrong fishmen are Born 10xstronger than humans? It's the same damn thing, yes obviously depends on each individual how they train or do their life same shit could be said for the human race. But the point is Fishmen are already intimidating since it's common knowledge in OP they are 10x stronger than humans. Magnified underwater? Fishmen are stronger in water also than humans really now? I would had never guess that. Irrelevant information.
    You should probably talk about the right facts.

1 + 2 = 3
    It really does matter if Fishmen were sooo intimadating in that way then humans wouldn't be able to segregate them and sell them, the way they are intimadating is the same way any intimadation happens in racism, the humans don't understand them because they are different and different is bad.
    The reasons i listed those facts is because i didn't think that you were getting the fact that they are iintimadating because they are unknown rather than being scary and strong.

1 + 2 = 3??? I REALLY have no idea what your talking about so say it in english or don't say it at all

Bullsh*t. There was NOTHING literally NOTHING anyone had to say he join when he was first introduced. Up until Luffy himself accepted him a few moments later. So once Luffy says yes that's predictable?.
    I guessed and from looking back on the posts before on this thread as i have on several occasions so did many others this was around the same time that he was introduced in the manga, so like i said it is a matter of who was oblivious to how obvious it was.
    It's as predictable as Luffy becoming Pirate King.

The 8 and 9 year olds reading One Piece think a Fishmen will join. That's how predictable it is.
    Really i know no-one of that age that has even thought of that, i have two cousins aged that think it will be a ex Marine, so i doubt that the creativity of someone that age stays that much inside the box as someone my age = 15

T. Alan Armstrong

It really does matter if Fishmen were sooo intimadating in that way then humans wouldn't be able to segregate them and sell them, the way they are intimadating is the same way any intimadation happens in racism, the humans don't understand them because they are different and different is bad.
    The reasons i listed those facts is because i didn't think that you were getting the fact that they are iintimadating because they are unknown rather than being scary and strong.
    Good point on bringing up the auction thing. But fishman aren't unknown, they are well known. They were introduced like this 12 years ago in Arlong park arc. Not even on the Grandline either, people outside the Grandline knew of them and their strength. I still see the intimidating factor a reason why they won't join regardless if were heading into the New World.
    1 + 2 = 3??? I REALLY have no idea what your talking about so say it in english or don't say it at all
    Your Story Illiterate.

I guessed and from looking back on the posts before on this thread as i have on several occasions so did many others this was around the same time that he was introduced in the manga, so like i said it is a matter of who was oblivious to how obvious it was.
    WTf are you talking about? You joined this forum on 09 December that time during the Manga were was in the middle of the WB war.

Besides regardless if people posted Brooke would join 2 years ago on this thread when he was first introduced. Still doesn't matter because NO ONE had any solid reason why he would until the obvious reasons. Every arc people will randomly guess any character introduced being the next member, for the most part it's usually someone with huge boobs.
    Really i know no-one of that age that has even thought of that, i have two cousins aged that think it will be a ex Marine, so i doubt that the creativity of someone that age stays that much inside the box as someone my age = 15
    You literally missed the point on that one.

I can't even pretend to be convinced. All I'm getting out of this is that a Fishman is a "What if" crew member. Trying to come up with reasons for a fishman to join, almost like you are trying to write One Piece. Fishmen are born ten times stronger. Them being stronger than Humans has got nothing to do with it. They were born stronger is the key here. Which Straw Hat was born strong? Non of them. They all got to where they are through the use of either a Devil Fruit or just pure training(or both). The entire Straw Hat crew is made up of Humans. Chopper, the only nonhuman, has the power to turn into a human. Honestly though, I want to see Choppers Human Point to see what it looks like now. Franky is a Cyborg of a Human and Brook is a skeleton of a Human. Saying a Phishman will join is like saying that Oda has ran out of Idea's for unique Straw Hat members and has to resort to creating a character out of what is currently a nearly blank canvass, If that makes any sense.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!