View Poll Results: Who's next to be in the Straw-Hat Crew?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jinbe

4 21.05%
  • Trafalgar Law

0 0%
  • Caesar Clown

1 5.26%
  • Kinemon (The Samurai)

6 31.58%
  • Caribou

0 0%
  • Other, namely...

8 42.11%
Page 374 of 468 FirstFirst ... 274 324 364 372 373 374 375 376 384 424 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 4675
    God, there are so many possibilities why one of the fishmans -cough- could become a crewmember... don't kid urself X

Please enlightenment me on those reasons. No Pun intended.

Was discussing this same thing month or 2 ago with Xiao, all I had was fandom reasons for it, while all his counters were things already implemented in the story.

Fishmen is like Perona, sure many obvious little reasons why they would join but neither having any major logical story wise reason.

Because it's fishmen island doesn't mean they'll auto get a fishmen, if that was the case they would get a crew member for every race type island they sail to. Dwarves, giants (elbaf), ugh minkmen or w/e the f*ck and so on.

YAY they mention the need for a good helmsman I am not disappointed Hachi is the front runner I like his back story and how its a story of redemption and I liked his character in the Arlong arch but he was starting to look more and more of a serious character with little gags to associate to him which is not normal for an SH. My biggest issue with him is Camie may come along with him and I dont like the potential of a running gag of rescuing Camie.
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT

Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Please cbcbcb
    Was discussing this same thing month or 2 ago with Xiao, all I had was fandom reasons for it, while all his counters were things already implemented in the story.
    Im sure oda could make up what u call 'a major logical story wise reason' for a fishman to join,
    the same could be said about Robin before she joined... Who would have guessed miss All Sunday of the enemy BW-organisation would join the SHs?
    It was only near the end of the Alabasta* arc we finally got our awnser.
    So don't ask ME to come up for a good theory, but I'm just saying Oda could easily make up plenty of reasons for a fishman to join.
    Like the discrimination against the fishman, or some personal goal that luffy also likes and could eventiually benefit the SHs, like all the others have.
    And you know as well as i do how handy it'd be to have a fishman on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Because it's fishmen island doesn't mean they'll auto get a fishmen, if that was the case they would get a crew member for every race type island they sail to. Dwarves, giants (elbaf), ugh minkmen or w/e the f*ck and so on.
    True, very true...
    Last edited by Flare Blitz; 11-03-2010 at 11:13 PM.

Heck both Jimbei and Hachi have a reason to join, Jimbei wants to protect Luffy so Ace lives on through him and Hachi wants redemption for all the bad things he did as an Arlong pirate.
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT

Quote Originally Posted by Flare Blitz View Post
    Im sure oda could make up what u call 'a major logical story wise reason' for a fishman to join,
    the same could be said about Robin before she joined... Who would have guessed miss All Sunday of the enemy BW-organisation would join the SHs?
    It was only near the end of the Alabaska arc we finally got our awnser.
    So don't ask ME to come up for a good theory, but I'm just saying Oda could easily make up plenty of reasons for a fishman to join.
    Like the discrimination against the fishman, or some personal goal that luffy also likes and could eventiually benefit the SHs, like all the others have.
    And you know as well as i do how handy it'd be to have a fishman on the team.

True, very true...
    Exactally plus i don't really see the big arguement of there 'not being a major wise reason' because is there a major wise reason for it not being possible or is it that one of you guys just think it wouldn't be cool, it is very frequent that in the same arc that we find out what the group need is when we find a new job so lets just play this one by ear and list our opinions without being counter productive
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

“Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character”
    T. Alan Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by joshecalpoly View Post
    Heck both Jimbei and Hachi have a reason to join, Jimbei wants to protect Luffy so Ace lives on through him and Hachi wants redemption for all the bad things he did as an Arlong pirate.
    the thing with jimbi is that he would more than likely send some one with luffy rather than go him self

the main problem with hachi is that we know know that he has not been training for two years, he got beat a year ago and was recovering ever since. so i dont know if he is strong enough to join.

i still feel that jimbi will insist that luffy takes some one with him from fish man island. also,as soon as jimbi tell luffy that ace wanted him to look out for him and that that it the only way he can luffy will say ok in a heart beat, i think.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    the thing with jimbi is that he would more than likely send some one with luffy rather than go him self

the main problem with hachi is that we know know that he has not been training for two years, he got beat a year ago and was recovering ever since. so i dont know if he is strong enough to join.

i still feel that jimbi will insist that luffy takes some one with him from fish man island. also,as soon as jimbi tell luffy that ace wanted him to look out for him and that that it the only way he can luffy will say ok in a heart beat, i think.
    Yeah I know I was the first one to say that. I was merely demonstrating how easy it is for Oda to create a reason for a Fishman to join
    Pandaman FOR PRESDIENT

oh i said that in general not just to you. and ikik i was also demonstrating that while defusing jimbi and hachi. i love hachi BUT it just unlikely at this point. unless he did some heavy duty training in the last year , but doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obviously the next crew members will be the Caribou brothers, they got the power and the will to join(trolls)... Also stop talking about Jinbei he obviously has to stay in fishman island to protect it from the slavers, and Hachi is too weak to join.

In my opinion they have not shown the new crew member, you guys should stop fishing for who can be next in the crew... no pun intended.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)