Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Archiel View Post
    A lot of people are linking Old Man Espada to Yamamoto saying that they may have equal strength, but thats just based on their apparent common ages.
    It is striking how similar SS and the Espada are in personality and appearence. Also, I think based on what we learned about adjunca and gillians in last weeks manga it would make sense that the Old Man is one bad mutha f*cker!!! He has lasted this long and probably defeated craploads of gillian/adjuncas...hell, I'd say that if there is a Vastralorde in the bunch then he is one of the likely candidates.

Oh and yeah, I too think Stark is gonna be one smooth character...maybe he'll jump ship at some point (well, not if he is the #1 though). I want to seem him fight soon.

:fight

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    Aren't they all Vastralordge?

They're all human size :s

Yea that's what I thought too, Grimmjow has definitely evolved from his animal form, which was adjuca, so he has to be a Vasto Lorde. I thought all of the espada were Vasto Lorde.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

No, I think Aizen said that he needed to wait till the globe was fully operational before he would have 10 vasto lordes which makes me think that only a few (if any, are truly vasto lordes). I think I remember a chapter where Aizen says something to the affect that he needs to wait until the globe is ready and then he can storm the castle. This is a point of confusion and I'll see if I can dig that page up.

I don't know if GJ is one b/c in the recent flashback he was told to eat DeeRoy and company to become a vasto lorde, but we know that didn't happen so I am not sure. He definitely looks human now, so I guess Aizen could have used the globe to help him progress to a vasto lorde if they all are human looking...hmm.

edit: wikipedia did not help in this matter. It says that vasto lordes are human size and that Ulquiorra's mask resembles the silhouette of the vasto lordes.
    Last edited by Franky; 07-28-2007 at 06:26 PM.

Initiate
    Umm I think not all Espada are Vastlorde, remember that tubehead espada says that he was a gillian before? I think only top five of Espada are evolved from Vastlorde. Maybe Grimmjow evolved to arrancar just from Adjuchas level because the stone power.

I also think Stark must be the top three, because if you say that ullquoira is vastlorde from horn on his broken helm, just take a look on Stark's underling... isn't she look like vastelorde?

*sigh* I think I'm an alien cause I have a different ranking than most posted... but anyways, here's my personal assumption (no offense since it's just an unjustified prediction);

underlined = assumed
    bold = confirmed

01 - Old man (Mirror Yamamoto, Captain of 1st Squad)
    02 - Halibel (Mirror Soi Fon, Captain of 2nd Squad)
    03 - Negro guy (Pure assumption from his calm attitude mirroring Unohana, Captain of 4th Squad)
    04 - Ulquiorra
    05 - Noitora (Looking at how he actually backed off from Ulquiorra instead of slaughtering him during their conversation, he should be powerful but not as good as Ulquiorra)
    06 - Grimmjow
    07 - Stark (Pure assumption form his laid-back attitude mirroring Shunsui, Captain of 8th Squad)
    08 - Szayel Aporro
    09 - Aaroniero
    10 - Yammy

Comments?

Quote Originally Posted by Narhbos View Post
    05 - Noitora (Looking at how he actually backed off from Ulquiorra instead of slaughtering him during their conversation, he should be powerful but not as good as Ulquiorra)

07 - Stark (Pure assumption form his laid-back attitude mirroring Shunsui, Captain of 8th Squad)
    Comments?
    I need to go back to the chapter where Noitora speaks to Uliquorra about 'his pet'...good catch if you are right!

As for Stark, I follow your logic even though I would probably switch him and Hailebel b/c even though Soi Fong is the 2nd Captian SS doesn't rank them by number like the Espada.

Weirdest Fangirl Ever streetbum's Avatar
    I think it goes.

1- Stark (He's laid back and most laid back guys in anime/manga seem to be pretty powerful.)
    2- Noitora (He wants to prove himself as #1 but seems to have an inferiority complex and doesn't want to accept someone stronger then him)
    3- Black Guy simply because he just looks somewhat powerful.
    4- Ulquiorra
    5- Halibel (She's watching the fight between Grimmjow and Ichigo and measuring Ichigo's power so I'm gonna say she's stronger then Grimmjow but only by a little)
    6- Grimmjow
    7- Old Guy (although most people think he's Yamamoto v.2 I don't think he's gonna be that strong and he just seems to be a 7 to me)
    and then the rest we know.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Well it seems like it's difficult to place noitora, on the one hand a lot of people are taking heed to the way he acted around Ulquiorra but remember that sometimes it doesn't count, certainly not for grimmjow who knows his number but would still fight ulquiorra regardless.

On the other hand Noitora claims to be the strongest Espada and despite their differing attitudes I have never seen an espada or arrancar pretend to be stronger then they actually are.

Though I don't regard him as number 1 since that would make the whole #1 espada revelation rather anti-climatic seeing as how he announced it already which is why I would place him in the top 3.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    I need to go back to the chapter where Noitora speaks to Uliquorra about 'his pet'...good catch if you are right!

As for Stark, I follow your logic even though I would probably switch him and Hailebel b/c even though Soi Fong is the 2nd Captian SS doesn't rank them by number like the Espada.
    Haha thanks but they're all just assumptions based by mirroring them to Gotei 13 Captains. But... I saw a certain similarity when Noitara 'conversed' with Ulquiorra in Hueco Mundo to the scene where Zaraki & Gin 'conversed' with Byakuya (after his return frm capturing Rukia) in Soul Society. So yeah, that's why there's this gnawing feeling in my brain to acknowledge that similarity somehow given Kubo Tite's love for 'ironic symmetry'... that's by 'instances' but I wouldn't mind Noitora being no.2 or something haha

As for Stark... I won't be suprise if he IS the top 3 and Halibel is Espada no.7 since Halibel's quaters is soo close to Grimmjow's battle scene. There's also that scene where Stark was disturbed in his sleep by his Fraccion (Lilinette) which resembles Nanao pestering Shunsui somewhat though their attitudes differ greatly. But that scene is ambiguous cause, Lilinette asked Stark if he would do anything regarding Aaroniero's death but Stark didn't or couldn't... so this could mean that he's really one of the top 3 but cannot rebel against Aizen's 'iron-fist' rule OR he's lower than Grimmjow thus unable to.

Well, that's basically my take for Stark. It would be suprising either way really... but I'm more insterested in the Espada's and Captains released forms and full power haha.