Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Itachi's illness and Izanami

Just another random thought, perhaps tobi used izanami on itachi, and thats what caused his illness that eventually killed him. ive always felt that his disease came without much explanation other than "hey shit happens"
    It would also explain Itachi's knowledge of the jutsu, Tobi has a large amount of spare sharingan following the massacre so to lose the light in the eye wouldnt have been a problem and Tobi was well aware that Itachi was intelligant and impossible to control.

If you are going to link Izanami to Itachi's illness, then I would say that Itachi casted it off on himself, to alter his destiny in which Itachi meets Sasuke for a final battle (although that would imply that he would die before it, or someone would have killed Sasuke before they had their final live confrontation).

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    If you are going to link Izanami to Itachi's illness, then I would say that Itachi casted it off on himself, to alter his destiny in which Itachi meets Sasuke for a final battle (although that would imply that he would die before it, or someone would have killed Sasuke before they had their final live confrontation).
    am i missing something in regards to the disease or do we really have no information at all on it? Im rereading shippuden now and just finished itachi v sasuke, i never realised Kishi hadnt made that clear. Though i do feel there was emphasise made on it by black zetsu, for purposes other than to show sasuke that he couldnt have beaten itachi at full strength

You got caught in my trap In your head!!!'s Avatar
    Would be cool if Itachi would just bluffing and Izanami in fact is nothing. I guess Kabuto dont knows the technique (if it really exists or not) so hes under some kind of nerval pressure cause he dont knows what could hit/strike etc him. + Sasuke would get an "wow we have a nice technique that kicks ass spiritual bonus" cause he thinks that Izanami is badass.

Wild theory but I'd love if thats the case :'D!

Quote Originally Posted by cypriottiger View Post
    am i missing something in regards to the disease or do we really have no information at all on it?
    Yup, all that was stated was that Itachi had been sick for an unmentioned amount of time (presumably since leaving Konoha). Anyway, to try and link his sickness to being Izanami-inflicted is too far out of left field for me. If Tobi was going to go through that much trouble to use such a technique on Itachi, he should have just killed him. I mean, you're telling me a sick Itachi, who's illness was caused by Tobi in the first place, was enough to keep Tobi away from Konoha entirely...

The only illness Itachi suffered was being too badass for his own good, and it contracted him the one disease all people too badass for their own good contract "TEH AIDS!"

I have no doubt that itachi was told about izanagi and izanami by tobi during the days when itachi though tobi was madara.

Im still dont even understand why tobi was scarred of itachi at all to begin with. The only think itachi has over tobi is shuis eye but it seems to be that eye at the time was on a 10 year cooldown. If anything itachi would be worried about tobi getting his hands on and activate it again with his hasihrama dna. Not to mention tobi and nagato were allyed if itachi decided to go against absuki nagato would have dealt with itachi.

very confusing anyway I'd imagine tobi has something to do with itachi's sickness but it seems too indirect given how much power tobi has on his side, nagato,kisame being the major ones if anyone went out of line and himself too is no sloch.

I firmly believe itachi was sick because he was awakening rinnegan. He read the tablets, he knew and could perform all the uchiha forbidden techniques. His power in sharingan was complete. Ems is tricky. Maybe he needed it to finish awakening it or maybe simply having shisuis power tempted the rinnegan out but sure as sh*t itachi was high enough level to advance to rinnegan and that's why his body got so weak. It was more than just losing the light from Ms use, something was draining on him much more, rinnegan!

We will see sasuke grow ill as well when he awakens his rinnegan. Tobias will be there with his hashirama elixer to make it all better. We will learn also that madara died of rinnegan illness because he could not fully integrate the necessary senju/hashirama elements to sustain the rinnegan.

whoa, first the poster tries and link itachi's disease together with izanami and now with the rinnegan, those are prolly the most outlandish theories ive heard in a long time and the most improbable. the most obvious things is a combination of MS over use and disease due to the guilt he feels for wiping out his clan or just plain bad health.

Quote Originally Posted by almara View Post
    whoa, first the poster tries and link itachi's disease together with izanami and now with the rinnegan, those are prolly the most outlandish theories ive heard in a long time and the most improbable. the most obvious things is a combination of MS over use and disease due to the guilt he feels for wiping out his clan or just plain bad health.
    ?
    Itachi evolving his sharingan to rinnegan is not outlandish in the least, probability is the point of the theory given the clues. Itachi has met almost, if not all know requirements for the process. He could read the tablets, he was the strongest uchiha at the time of only being a teenager, he displayed power and ability of all known sharingan techniques, he was a true master of sharingan and rinnegan was a likely next step. We know rinnegan taxes the body heavily, its widely believed madara died shortly after activating his rinnegan
    He needed the fortitude of senju or uzamaki to sustain it. Yes, i think itachi was in the process of developing rinnegan and his body couldn't handle the stress of such a huge power developing inside. Maybe he needed EMS or maybe not because, after all, you don't literally need to kill your best friend to acquire MS. Ms causes blindness, not the other symptoms he had when he was nowhere near the power he would have been if healthy.

Enough pieces are present to believe such a situation was occurring not at all beyond reason. He probably only needed to do one or two more things to complete the process (if he even knew) and if completed his body would soon expire if not enhanced by way of senju/uzumaki cells.

itachi being ill due to already having a bad health or due to guilt over killing his own family is still a much more plausible reason tho. he couldnt read the tablets, atleast not the part that needed the rinnegan to read and you're assuming that the rinnegan comes from the sharingan of which there is no real proof. you're assuming that once you have the prerequisite for developing the rinnegan it strains the body which is just illogical bcoz that would mean that some1 like kakashi who would also meet the same requirements as itachi atleast according to you, would be just as sick as itachi.

i think your theory and arguements are heavily shrouded in your own itachi fanboy'ism, fact of the matter is, we dont know for sure how you develop the rinnegan, for all we know itachi wasnt even close, and the info we have about developing the rinnegan is shady at best as we dont know why and what caused madara to gain the rinnegan(a lot of ppl are assuming it was the sharingan which could be true but it could also not be true), nor do we know for sure if tobi gave the rinnegan to nagato or if nagato developed the rinnegan naturally and tobi was simply using mind games which fits perfectly with tobi's mindset for manipulation.