• |3| Average

5 18.52%
  • |2| Bad

1 3.70%
  • |1| Terrible

2 7.41%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon Spade View Post
    Hey everybody, lets bring the Tobi=Obito theories back. He seems to know both Gai and Kakashi. Obito is made at the leaf and Uchiha because no one came to get him out of that cave.
    Food for thought, if its obito then the phasing ability from his eye could not yet be used by a tobi to phase him out (direct contradiction). Next choice is zetsu, he is master of traveling through ground but that fundamentally changes the tobi/zetsu dynamic we have already while shoehorning madara into an already shaky timeline. Any of the enemy ninja around could have recovered the corpse and then kishi will punish us with more chapters of flashbacks of how obito recooperated and blah blah. Best chance is the trauma of onsetting death awoke his MS in miracle fashion, allowing his crushed vitals and portions of his trapped body to be incorperal so to speak, and thus he mysteriously walks away into unknown destiny, short one eye.
    _____
    Obito is Tobirama's great grandson. The proof is in the pudding.

I would be devastated if Tobi is really Obito.

But I'm sure that clue Tobi gave got the wheels rolling in Kakashi's head. Kakashi might figure out who Tobi is before Naruto destroys that mask.

I do not like this chapter. The information that was given is not important. We already know this! Boring chapter in my view.

He didn't imply that he knew Gai or Kakashi, merely what he learned from Akatsuki. Now, he does seem to have lost his ability to phase through stuff, so Naruto might just break his mask.

A separate thought, if Gedo Mazo is in fact a creation of Mokuton, no wonder Tobi doesn't want Naruto to come near it. We all know what effect Naruto's nine tails chakra mode has on Mokuton.. Could have been a foreshadowing that his chakra mode affects Mokuton in that way

Nice chapter though

Sat in the Chair Lolz ArmChairANBU's Avatar
    Liked the chapter,

My feeling and this is just intution ( I have NO proof to back it up whatsoever ) is that TOBI is Uchiha Shisui - I don't believe that he is dead, he just faked his death and fooled even Itachi. - I will believe this until Kishi shows who Tobi really is.

Anyway now on to the main point of this chapter : Bee's fetish

BeexTsunade anyone? anyone?? - It could work you know after the war is over and everything
    At least she wouldn't be able to punch him away and he has allready got Naruto onside.

Just checked out another translation at mangainn, "vessel" reads "body" , which is an important difference and tobi makes his character obvlservation on kakashi but what he says to gain is completely different than mangastream. Mangastrean, tobi acts familiar with gai, "who can't remember a face" a direct statement of familiarity. At mangainn, he says to gai, "you whom i don't even know". That's quite huge in fact. It makes him certainly know kakashi but not gai, as if he was once part of kakashi's team, knew kakashi as friend and rival but died young, got replaced... see where IM going? I hope someone can read the raw and clarify the inflection.

Also, mangastream, kakashi says he wants to try something. The statement was made that he already knew what he wanted to do.
    In mangainn, kakashi says they better do something before that happens, the statement was made to the point he did not have a course of action in mind yet.

This had been an aggravating translation discrepancy style chapter, grrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmChairANBU View Post
    Liked the chapter,

My feeling and this is just intution ( I have NO proof to back it up whatsoever ) is that TOBI is Uchiha Shisui - I don't believe that he is dead, he just faked his death and fooled even Itachi.
    WRONG! The masked man that faught the 4th had short hair and the phase ability he has now. Shisui was alive and younger when this fight took place. Tobi's comments regarding danzou's sharingans would not be made from shisui's perspective, secret identity or otherwise. Shisui being tobi has nothing thematic or characteristic to satisfy IR fulfil besides the fact there is no panel or page to link shisui to tobi's identity other than the fact they both had a sharingan.

If you notice carefully, kakashi has his eye closed at the beginning of the chapter but the first panel that has him open his eye it is paired opposite of a gripping panel of tobi's eye, creating a meaningful stare between two sharingan attached closely to tobi's character remark on kakashi. That's heavily paddling along the obito is tobi current.
    T
    The whole thing about bringing up kakashi regretting is plot spice since the incident with obito is fertile ground for kakashi's most serious feelings of regret.
    Last edited by knife eater; 07-18-2012 at 02:46 PM.
    _____

Quote Originally Posted by pr0master View Post
    I do not like this chapter. The information that was given is not important. We already know this! Boring chapter in my view.
    I agree with you.... I myself was some what disappointed by the content of this chapter..... even Kurama said only one thing that mattered "Even i can't take ten tails...!!" So only course of action is to do something about it before ten tails is revived...!! i guess we finally get to see Naruto vs Tobi!! and this time Tobi gotta fight seriously so an excellent opportunity to see what he is capable of!!

I don't think this chapter imply in any case that Tobi is Obito.... come on guys Obito was a good boy and he willingly gave his eye to Kakashi and died peacefully. Even if he survived he had no reason of becoming so cracked and evil. but i guess these points would have been cleared out a hundred times before too

Next chapter got to be a good one i mean Kishi really wasted this chapter as far as important points of discussion are related.... he could easily had made it a mixed fighting and talking chapter or we could have seen a bit of Oro and Sasuke....!! ohh well Kishi is the boss so

^ i disagree. This chapter had two juicy tidbits heavily leaning towards obito behind the mask, especially in the translation at mangainn. The deliberate artistic stare between the two sharingan when kakashi first opens his in the chapter and also the specific comment about regret. The deliberate dissociation with Guy, who replaced tobi in many ways... the characteristics in polarity between obito during the final mission and the tobi who is a nobody.

The words this chapter were just summary, ya, but panels aren't drawn just to look cool, the visual arrangements are meant to communicate information as well, the stare down just begs reading into!

As ducky as it is to have rehash if old info is because we have it being given to kakashi, so now we can walk through hthe facts with him and arrive where he arrives. I think he is going to be very integral to how things go next few moments.
    _____

So much talk, so little action.. I liked the last page.
    Whether Tobi is Obito or not, it doesn't make much difference imo. The guy is the villain, plus he's pretty crazy. and him being a former comrade shouldn't change things. To Kakashi, Obito died long ago. AND his face now might look so messed up from all the eye replantations etc. that even without the mask they wouldn't recognize him:/
    ---------
    ...You Know?..

Quote Originally Posted by knife eater View Post
    ^ i disagree. This chapter had two juicy tidbits heavily leaning towards obito behind the mask, especially in the translation at mangainn. The deliberate artistic stare between the two sharingan when kakashi first opens his in the chapter and also the specific comment about regret. The deliberate dissociation with Guy, who replaced tobi in many ways... the characteristics in polarity between obito during the final mission and the tobi who is a nobody.

The words this chapter were just summary, ya, but panels aren't drawn just to look cool, the visual arrangements are meant to communicate information as well, the stare down just begs reading into!

As ducky as it is to have rehash if old info is because we have it being given to kakashi, so now we can walk through hthe facts with him and arrive where he arrives. I think he is going to be very integral to how things go next few moments.
    Tobi does that to everyone, talking to them like he knows them well. Besides, Obito is confirmed dead no?
    I'll be entertained by the new Obito -> tobi theories. Lots of facepalms to come lolz

Overall chapter: boring...like someone mentioned, lots of talking and nothing new