Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

The Spam Bots must die! Ban these annoying fracks !!!

The irony of irony just as I came to post about the ongoing retard posts about movie links to "Season 3 of Idontgiveafrack" no one gives a damn about in every inappropriate section of the forum , I see 4 threads in this very section of the forums.

I got an idea why don't we just ban all new members from viewing/posting outside of a welcome introduction section of the forums until they go through an interview then an evaluation period. Seriously limit access to these forums to people who only go through some process. If people dont want to sign up and do it frack them and the horse they came in on.

This wouldn't apply to current known members but all these new cats coming in need to be screened for having the annoying genome.

This crap is getting annoying seriously time to drop a Admin Ban Hammer! on these bitches!

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Sorry, I haven't been online for more than a week.

While I do ban every spam I see, I think we should seriously consider having a post requirement for creating new threads.

We are doing our best clearing the spam as fast as we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    Sorry, I haven't been online for more than a week.

While I do ban every spam I see, I think we should seriously consider having a post requirement for creating new threads.

We are doing our best clearing the spam as fast as we can.
    Arbitrary I think you Mods are do a good job, and I am certain that most members appreciate your efforts.

Minimum post counts are good, we should also adopt some of the common signup routines that other websites use. In some, captchas, in others they send a newbie an email with a link that has to be clicked within a certain amount of hours in order to complete your application for membership.

No anti-Spam method is ever going to be 100%, but these steps usually cut out most of the BOTS (A BOT is a Computer program that launches preprogramed spam posts at poorly defended/protected sites). The ones that get through can be more easily deleted by our mods.

Banning IPs seldom work because the BOT-HERDERS take over other peoples computers (if the have poor anti-virus/firewalls), and use those computers to launch attacks. There are way too many slave pcs at their disposal for banning IP's to succeed. Some BOTHERDERS sell the use of their Zombie computers that they've take control over to other bad guys. They make too much money, using too little effort.

As I've said elsewhere, this problem needs to be solved by Admin, FORKING OUT SOME CASH, and setting up automated defenses for Mangashare. It's all about the Money.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Yeah a post requirement might help do deter some of this crap as well. I'd aim for a 50 posts minimum to be safe.

Is it the same person using a new ID every time or it is a whole team of idiots?

I'm wondering if there is a way to trace IP address.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    Yeah a post requirement might help do deter some of this crap as well. I'd aim for a 50 posts minimum to be safe.

Is it the same person using a new ID every time or it is a whole team of idiots?

I'm wondering if there is a way to trace IP address.
    The problem is that they might have a changing IP, or are using an Internet cafe or other place like school, or something alike, thus tracing their IP and baning them wouldn't help much.

Orange toad summoner Uzumaki_Tim's Avatar
    We should also put a donate button at the bottom of Paul's posts

I like the idea of min post counts and the write the giberish words when signing up ideas. I feel bad for the mods having to waste so much time on these wankers
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Hey scotty can you make a thread of How much milk Brooke drinks?
    My DoTA hero... Vote for it please!
    www.playdota.com/forums/threads/820/Dak'sar

Hit and Run Spam Bot

Here's One to amuse you Uzumaki Tim :-

The Spam Barrage below was posted by a Hit and Run Spam Bot. This Bot signed up Today, and Immeddiately lauch a spam attack Barrage.

Hit and Run Spam2.jpg

I superimposed a screen shot of its profile page. You can see the Join date, and last activity time, these all match up with the time of the spam barrage posted

Orange toad summoner Uzumaki_Tim's Avatar
    It would be funny but I've seen this in the new posts way way too many times in the past 3 months
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Hey scotty can you make a thread of How much milk Brooke drinks?
    My DoTA hero... Vote for it please!
    www.playdota.com/forums/threads/820/Dak'sar

Explanations are in order.

GOD, NOOO!

The Spammers are back. After nearly a whole day of spam free break comming off the Site Crash, I had thought perhaps we'd set up a Defense against this stuff.

May I respectfully ask The Mods and the Admin,

1) What Site defenses do we have in place (after all this extensive discussion), to prevent Drive-by Spammers

2) If we have none, What possible rational is there for not having any Spam defenses (minimum posts, captcha, etc).

3) If spamming MS is so easy, Wouldn't planting Bugs and Crashing the Site be also easy?

4) May we please get a detailed explanation for what Crashed the site This past Week?

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    GOD, NOOO!

The Spammers are back. After nearly a whole day of spam free break comming off the Site Crash, I had thought perhaps we'd set up a Defense against this stuff.

May I respectfully ask The Mods and the Admin,

1) What Site defenses do we have in place (after all this extensive discussion), to prevent Drive-by Spammers

2) If we have none, What possible rational is there for not having any Spam defenses (minimum posts, captcha, etc).

3) If spamming MS is so easy, Wouldn't planting Bugs and Crashing the Site be also easy?

4) May we please get a detailed explanation for what Crashed the site This past Week?
    Calm yourself. You need to respect the fact that people are busy with real life obligations, sometimes the people who have the ability to work on things aren't around. I understand your frustration with this whole affair, but demanding things isn't going to get things done any faster.

I can't tell you why the site crashed, but I can tell you that Eric is back and that hopefully we will have a combination of counter-measures in place soon.