Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    The Kaguya clan (Kimmimaro's clan) lived under the "only the strongest survive" mentality. Look where that got them. If the Uchiha were to keep living like they were under Madara, they would have ended up just like the Kaguya. That's probably the reason why the Uchiha abandoned their old ways after Madara was deposed, which turned out to be lose-lose situation unfortunately since they all got killed off anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by afro thunda View Post
    The Kaguya clan (Kimmimaro's clan) lived under the "only the strongest survive" mentality. Look where that got them. If the Uchiha were to keep living like they were under Madara, they would have ended up just like the Kaguya. That's probably the reason why the Uchiha abandoned their old ways after Madara was deposed, which turned out to be lose-lose situation unfortunately since they all got killed off anyway.
    I think you make a good point, but I'm not sure if "the strongest survive" mentailty is an automatic loss. Indeed, it seems like they flourished under these circumstances, controlling a good portion of the ninja world and becoming notorious. Yes, what happened to the Kaguya clan was a result of that, but that doesn't mean that will happen to any other clan that prides itself on strength over everything else.

I don't think we can really know without seeing how the Uchiha clan operated back before Konoha was established. But an interesting point nonetheless, perhaps they really were doomed from the start as you say - and perhaps the reason why the clan in recent manga chapters has been labled as "cursed."

Nice post.

Lost in fathomed infinity Freakshow's Avatar
    Advocat:
    I would agree that in their current state, after giving up the source of their power and living happy complacent lives and becoming weaker, that they would easily be destroyed by a single Hokage. After all, Madara basically did just that. But when the Uchiha clan was in a state of war with many other clans, before they met the Seju and created a village, they could not be done away with so easily. Hell, if that was the case, why didn't the 1st wipe them out? Or any other really strong ninja? Probably because they couldn't, the Uchiha were really at one point just that strong.
    Ehem, the thing about the war with the other clans, why couldn't they win against them, after all, they are the Uchiha`s right? And it`s said by many members including you Advocat that they are the strongest clan in narutoverse right?
    Ive never seen where it says they are the strongest in the narutoverse, but it`s said in the Hidden Leaf Village..

Secondly, if the Uchiha's truly are just an above average clan, why do they seem to have such a feared reputation across the entire Naruto universe?
    It`s not the clan it`s the Sharingan. There were many ninja`s who were amazed by the sharingan ,not the person himself.. That was their only hope i think, if the sharingan user was clever enough or not..
    Whenever they mention the clan, it mostly has something to do with their eyes.. I`m not saing the sharingan isn`t their power, It`s just that, for example, the sharingan is like a gun, but you need to learn how to hold it correct and how to put the bullets inn and fire it. It`s the same with the sharingan, it`s given to the user, so the user would develop it and use it against enemy's.

I don't see the Hyuuga having this reputation. Yet the difference is the same, an eye technique.
    Yes it`s an eye technique but, the sharingan can be used to attack while the byakugan is more used to figure out the enemy`s chakra flew and observe and stuff...
    That`s a huge deferences... The sharingan is more powerful then the byakugan because the sharingan can both observe and figure out thing and it can be used to attack and so on.. It can also be developed to more stronger eye technique, but eve never seen byakugan do so..

They really were once just as powerful as some characters indicate in the manga, else they would not have such a fearful reputation preceeding them.
    Were does it say so? If all the uchihas were as powerful as the characters who are indicated in the manga then the narutoverse would fall apart i think... I mean, Madara, Itachi
    Sasuke they all betrayed village in order to achieve their own goals right and gain more power, so imagine what would happen if all the uchihas were the same.. They would all wish for more power..
    I would only work if they all have deferent lives and deferent experiences, skill deferent personalities and so on.. or els there would be no need for a leader..
    Last edited by Freakshow; 02-18-2008 at 01:54 AM.

I think that the Uchiha's became weak through the fact that their lust for power faded away. look at Sasuke he lusted for power and reached a level where even the nine-tailed fox said his sharingan was stronger than Madara's. and he didn't have the Ms. He refused to be like all of her ancestor clansmen because of his hate for the way his brother was. And the way madara is. Yes madara wants vengance and wants his disbandedment from Konoha be paid for. like sasuke wants what his brother did to have reprocustions. Yet why is sasuke stronger than all other uchiha's if he is like Madara. I gotta say one thing to that Pain evolved him. The Pain of watching his family killed stiched into his mind by itachi. That pain mad him stronger into something more than Madara. ((Got a little of topic i know Ps. I totally sound like Pain in the end xD))

Kyuubi didn't say Sasuke's sharingan was stronger than Madara's.....

Quote Originally Posted by Freakshow View Post
    Ehem, the thing about the war with the other clans, why couldn't they win against them, after all, they are the Uchiha`s right? And it`s said by many members including you Advocat that they are the strongest clan in narutoverse right?
    Ive never seen where it says they are the strongest in the narutoverse, but it`s said in the Hidden Leaf Village..
    They DID win in wars with other clans, conquering every single one they came across apparently. But, I don't think the Uchiha were stupid enough to think that they could fight in a war all alone. Just because you are the strongest, doesn't mean you're invincible. You could be an increibly strong guy, the strongest guy ever, but thats not going to save you when someone kills you in your sleep, or 4 other somewhat weaker guys team up on you. The Uchiha were not so arrogant as to try to have no allies, especially when you find a strong clan that you can work together with who has someone like the 1st Hokage in it.

Allies are great in times of war, regardless of your own personal strength.

It`s not the clan it`s the Sharingan. There were many ninja`s who were amazed by the sharingan ,not the person himself.. That was their only hope i think, if the sharingan user was clever enough or not..
    Whenever they mention the clan, it mostly has something to do with their eyes.. I`m not saing the sharingan isn`t their power, It`s just that, for example, the sharingan is like a gun, but you need to learn how to hold it correct and how to put the bullets inn and fire it. It`s the same with the sharingan, it`s given to the user, so the user would develop it and use it against enemy's.
    So, you say the sharingan was feared and not the clan. But then you go on to say that the sharingan is useless unless you know what you're doing with it, and if you're good enough to use it. Do you not see your contradiction? Lets take your analogy that the sharingan is a gun. Do we fear guns? No, we're afraid of someone holding that gun, loaded with bullets, and pointing it at us. It's the person holding the gun at us we're afraid of. So I think you somewhat sabotage your own arguement that its the Sharingan people were afraid of, because the sharingan is just a tool, and what makes it dangerous are the people that use it.

Yes it`s an eye technique but, the sharingan can be used to attack while the byakugan is more used to figure out the enemy`s chakra flew and observe and stuff...
    That`s a huge deferences... The sharingan is more powerful then the byakugan because the sharingan can both observe and figure out thing and it can be used to attack and so on.. It can also be developed to more stronger eye technique, but eve never seen byakugan do so..
    So, basically, the Hyuga bloodline is weaker than the Uchiha. Let me ask you something, when your abilities are stronger than everyone elses, are you just "above average?" If a ninjas strength is guaged by the power of their techniques, and the sharingan is an obviously strong technique, isn't the ninja considered strong? Of course they are.

Were does it say so? If all the uchihas were as powerful as the characters who are indicated in the manga then the narutoverse would fall apart i think... I mean, Madara, Itachi
    Sasuke they all betrayed village in order to achieve their own goals right and gain more power, so imagine what would happen if all the uchihas were the same.. They would all wish for more power..
    I would only work if they all have deferent lives and deferent experiences, skill deferent personalities and so on.. or els there would be no need for a leader..
    There are many times throughout the manga where people gasp at the mention of the Uchiha clan, or at least recognize their significance. I mentioned before during the Chunnin Exam that people came from all over just to see Sauske fight since he was an Uchiha.

As for how Uchiha society operated before they joined with the Seju and formed Konoha, I have no clue. Without more insight, its hard to know how they operated and what they did so each member could be strong to serve the clan. But, it is not impossible to have people of extremely strong power and still be loyal to the Uchiha clan. For instance, the only time Itachi betrayed his clan was when Madara helped him annihilate it, so he was at least loyal to Madara. And, just from Madara's training, Itachi became stronger than 99% of Konoha without breaking any loyalty. Naruto and other characters have grown in strength without breaking their loyalty to Konoha, so its possible to be strong and loyal.

I said this before, and I'll say it again: The more the past of the Naruto universe is revealed, the more we can see just how powerful other clans were. To be a clan that survived, was undefeated, and feared as having a leader who was praised as the strongest in the world - that's not "above average."

There is no other clan in the entire Naruto Universe that has made the claim that they were undefeated and feared throughout the ninja world. Not only that, but there has been no one who has argued the Uchiha's claim at this point either, because it is accepted FACT. I've argued that the way we see the Uchiha in Konoha is so far down the chain its laughable, but at one point they were strong, they had to be if they are so respected throughout the ninja community. So far, there are no holes in that theory.

Well i think all those people came to see Sasuke because he was basically the only one left. ( not including Itachi, and no one knew about Madara.)
    Also I do think it was mostly just the Sharingan that people feared. Although its a catch 22 since the uchiha are the ones who had it. However if a ninja came across a man and he stated his name was whatever Uchiha, but didn't have the Sharingan, I do not believe they would be very intimidated.

Sig and Ava by Imotochan

Quote Originally Posted by blueiris385 View Post
    Well i think all those people came to see Sasuke because he was basically the only one left. ( not including Itachi, and no one knew about Madara.)
    Also I do think it was mostly just the Sharingan that people feared. Although its a catch 22 since the uchiha are the ones who had it. However if a ninja came across a man and he stated his name was whatever Uchiha, but didn't have the Sharingan, I do not believe they would be very intimidated.
    Exactly, because some Uchiha never even gain the Sharingan. Would they all still be considered strong? I think some would but others wouldn't. Then again, only the stronger ones even gain the Sharingan so one would assume if they were strong from the get-go then they would already have Sharingan.

I agree for the most part with the OP.

Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sangar5729 View Post
    sasuke survived till now is cuz of his eyes so is his bro, itachi
    im pretty sure thats undeniable fact....

i wonder if in any other of the countries there are sharingan clans.......because we know there are 3 great eye techniques and 2 are in konoha (other should be overlooked since only 1 person has it)....quite a coinkidink

maybe thats also a reason why konoha is so great with producing the best and most ninjas

im mostly wondering about sharingan clans in other countries cause then it would be easier for sasuke to revive his clan if he got a few other sharingan suckers together and brought them to konoha

Konoha is located in the largest country, thats why it produces so many ninjas.