Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Naruto Mangekyō Sharingan 3 Techniques

So since we have more information about the Mangekyō Sharingan now what do you guys think about the techniques now?

The Left eye is Tsukiyomi (most powerful Mangekyō Sharingan genjutsu)
    The Right eye is Amaterasu (most powerful Mangekyō Sharingan ninjutsu?/physical attack)

I believe the 3rd techniques uses the fabled "third eye" from most world religions.

Its located in between your two eyes in your brow, its a focal point for energy and is a symbol of enlightenment.

You guys think the 3rd technique uses an illusionary or "real" third eye in the brow? Maybe when Itachi takes off his forehead protector there will be a small eye lid or something or maybe Madara's third eye is completely open?

I know theres a bunch of threads about this but I don't think anyones said anything about the 3rd eye yet.
    A pie in the sky?

I don't think an actual third eye would be there. We've seen Madara after he got the EMS, and there was no third eye then, so it seems unlikely that the third technique they refer to would use it. I'm thinking it uses both eyes.
    Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Quote Originally Posted by Dabarnes View Post
    I don't think an actual third eye would be there. We've seen Madara after he got the EMS, and there was no third eye then, so it seems unlikely that the third technique they refer to would use it. I'm thinking it uses both eyes.
    Interesting idea about opening both eyes for a technique. I think if they do get a third eye for the third jutsu that the brothers wouldn't have had it yet, it maybe hasn't been developed yet or maybe the eye can be closed or needs a hand seal to activate it?

I just think since there are 3 tomoe and 3 techniques and the Sharingan is so focused on eye power that there would be something as ancient and mythological as a third eye, many different religions have it Kishimoto has been shown to use religious influences in the manga so thats what brought me to the idea, although Ive been thinking about it for a while this last chapter that cleared up the use of tsukiyomi and amaterasu made me think it might be a reality.

I gotta ponder on the open 2 eyes thing though, maybe your right and im wrong
    A pie in the sky?

Isn't this theory? I don't think Itachi will be showing us anything new anyways. He doesn't have those new techniques your talking about, he's still trying to get Sasuke's eyes to be able to obtain them. We've already seen Amaterasu off screen when Itachi was getting out of Jiraya's frog(I think), so he really hasn't shown anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by feeball View Post
    Isn't this theory?
    Not entirely off the wall theory, I think I tied it down kinda well, plus its a discussion of the Mangekyō Sharingan anyways...
    A pie in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Not entirely off the wall theory, I think I tied it down kinda well, plus its a discussion of the Mangekyō Sharingan anyways...
    Yeh your probably right, i edited my post to to put a little info in it so I wasn't just making that random statement.

Quote Originally Posted by feeball View Post
    Isn't this theory? I don't think Itachi will be showing us anything new anyways. He doesn't have those new techniques your talking about, he's still trying to get Sasuke's eyes to be able to obtain them. We've already seen Amaterasu off screen when Itachi was getting out of Jiraya's frog(I think), so he really hasn't shown anything new.
    Yeah your right, he doesn't have the last one but he probably knows something, I hope Itachi gives Sasuke his eyes right when he dies to help him kill Madara, maybe Sasuke has the MS as his "other option" from the Deidara arc and when he finally shows Itachi and kills Itachi then his brother will try to repent by giving his eyes up to stop Madara?

Looks like Amaterasu is burning Sasuke's fire as odd as that sounds.
    A pie in the sky?

In Haruhi-sama's *worships* Grace and Guiding Light
    lol it's an eye that makes you able to see attacks when you are touching your foots with the hands, while having the knees straight.

welcome to the new world of Sharingan's eye ass....

seriously I go for the both eyes technique [jk]mmmm maybe a sort of fusion of techniques:

Amaterasu+Tsukiyomi=......dun dun dun Amatyomi...that's lame...wait I got it - Tsukierasu .....even worse mmmmmm oh maybe it's sum thing like 100 years of sunshine[/jk]

it's probably the secret of Madar's seemingly immortality.

Let the pervert inside of you awaken!

Join the SOS Brigade or else...

You may be good, but I'm Draciel!

May Haruhi-sama *worships* save us all

A third eye like that would probably draw criticism from the community as 666Satan (drawn by Masashi Kishimoto's brother) used that concept heavily. Not that he had exclusive rights or anything... but I think he'll shy away from that. I physical eyeball there would effectively kill off whatever's remaining of Itachi's fanbase anyway

Yeah probably, not only 666Satan but 3x3 eyes and Tenshihan from DB and lots of others. Well I guess we have to wait to see, I wonder what the eye's look like when you activate the 3rd technique since they both get strained like crazy when you just use 1 technique, then the other one makes his eyes strain a lot too and make them bleed, Im afraid both eyes being used would friggen make them pop out of his head or blow up or something.

Maybe not a physical 3rd eye but a spiritual one that just represents the enlightened state of the Uchiha since thats like their ultimate technique and the pinacle of the Uchiha right?
    A pie in the sky?