Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    r.a.n.d.o.m.n.e.s.s.
    Mentally in the anime world, physically in Singapore ;)
    No!! Johnny's still alive.. But barely... I think?

That fight scene got far too confusing, and Hoshino's art accompanying it did not help me understand it better at all. There would be a blur of characters and the next thing you know something important would happen (i.e. the birth of the level 4 akuma). It was quite difficult to understand if you did not take the time to read it more than once.

I woulda prefered it if Johnny died, instead of making up some lame excuse to keep him alive, its not like he's gonna come in handy later or make any important contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by redzero00 View Post
    Yea you kinda did when you said "combine lv3 into giant akuma and kill 1 more human".
    And you dont know that those giant akuma are made out of lvl3's entirely. The first time we ever see them is in chapter86 and they never say its made out of entirely
    lvl3's. And even if they were, when you kill the giant shouldnt all the the akuma making it up die also? Like in chapter 87 when Kanda kills one by slicing its face in half. One slice - one dead giant - no messy mini-akuma residue.

When i said one was hiding in its face i meant that when when the generals were going medieval on the akuma, one probably took cover in all the akuma carnage. It probably just dove right into the dead face of a giant akuma, the pansy shit.
    I doubt that Hoshino will say it as a statement. I have reread ch 78, 86, 87, 139, 141, 144 and 146. There are only lv 3 akuma (check ch79, 139). So I am pretty sure that they are made up of lv 3. Although Hoshino might omit drawing lv2 and lv1 akuma, let's assume that they are made up of lv 3 for now, until we see lv2 and lv1.
    About one slice, one dead giant and akuma hiding part. Supposingly, they should all die but there's no close up of the corpse when Kanda destroyed the giant akuma in ch 87. So we don’t know if all lv 3 are dead. More, lv 3 may locate in different areas of the giant akuma. Some of them may not get a direct hit and take less damage. Besides, evolving to lv 4 should be harder and might require exceptions (which is why lv 4 has never been seen before because the chances of exceptions are very low). And that exception may be that some of them remain alive because of taking less damage, but not alive enough to have their own form. They probably are in energy /dark matter form. In ch 144 and 146, you can kinda see black hands from the eye, so it wasn’t a lv 3 hiding but energy of the half dead lv3’s.

I forgot add another requirement. It should be “The requirement of lv3 to evolve to lv4 is to combine lv3 into giant akuma, get destroyed to almost dead and kill 1 more human.”

Thanks Bushidodude for the sig and avatar!

Click to join!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by EA105 View Post
    That fight scene got far too confusing, and Hoshino's art accompanying it did not help me understand it better at all. There would be a blur of characters and the next thing you know something important would happen (i.e. the birth of the level 4 akuma). It was quite difficult to understand if you did not take the time to read it more than once.
    The explanations here from some of the other members certainly did help the pages i read.
    I read it like more then 5 to 6 times and still could not have came to conclusion of what that special level 3 akuma went through to evolve >.>
    Seems like just luck that he made it out as a level 4 ...

Or in the event of the scientists trapping that huge level 3 somehow actually kills the soul inside the akuma robot, or rather. Which then further makes the akuma more powerful. Remember what Allen said ... the soul in the level 4 was way different from the others ? Like it was completely gone/dead or something ... Or was very weak.

And I think that makes a somewhat more reasonable explanation rather then that huge mass of lvl3's just killing "one" more human to make the evolution occur, don'tcha think ?

the lvl 3 akuma was kinda big in the sense that it was made from many akuma, but since it is something new it has its own mind. basically the lvl 4 akuma came by like how lvl 2 and 3 come by. kill more, feed rage, get angrier, and poof evolve. same process nothing biggie and the main reason why it came out earlier might be beacause of the combined killings of al the combined and thus it became more poerful. who knows just gotta wait