Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sasori stronger than Deidara?

Deidara has said it himself that Sasori is alot stronger than him. In my opinion Deidara should really be much stronger than Sasori, i mean Deidara managed to beat Gaara, who was a real beast. He also had a very even fight with Sasuke, who managed to beat Orochimaru pretty easily. I´m not saying that Sasori isn´t strong and in fact Sasori is one of the strongest members of Akatsuki. However Chiyo said that Sasori isn´t so good at analyzing his opponents(unlike Deidara).
    So, who is the stronger one, Sasori or Deidara? You decide

He also had a very even fight with Sasuke, who managed to beat Orochimaru pretty easily.
    Sasuke already admitted to beating Orochimaru in his weakest state. and Sasori let himself be killed by Chiyo and Sakura.

I think that he's still much stronger than Deidara was. Just overall he appears to be a more experienced ninja. Plus, Deidara has that weakness of "thinking his art has won" and could easily be caught off guard.

Initiate
    Deidara pretty much shows off everything he had. While Sasori still has 2 scrolls of puppets left which we do not know anything. So pretty hard to say.

[Insert Cool Title Here] Kabluey's Avatar
    it's a toss up, Deidara was beaten from the start of his fight as soon as Sasuske learned that Deidara's jutsu was earth style, and how to beat it. Sasori on the other hand never faught an Uchiha and being a puppet himself means that genjutsu (in theory) shouldnt work.

Since both Deidara and Sasori fought using totally different styles, including their ranges. also the timeline, at the time of when Sasori was alive he was most likely better, but if you are using the Deidara from the current manga issue, it was probably deidara. also we only know of one puppet Sasori used, Hiraku(?), we don't know what his other puppet could do.

But Deidara vs Sasori, most likely deidara, since he had a much longer fighting range, especially the one from the current manga issue. but like it has been said Sasori still had some tricks up his sleeve he hadnt used, it's still a toss up, but i'm leaning towards saying Deidara from the current manga is better.

Banned
    do you know why sasori lost because he waz fighting with hes grand mother that every jutsu sasori due hes grand mother know the couter for that jutsu

Shattered Dreamz Ablaze_Dreamer's Avatar
    I'm not so sure, but I'm thinking Sasori is the strongest one. After all, he told Deidara not to act much on his own...in which, he did when he battled Uchiha Sasuke. So pretty much Deidara was acting on his own during that time when he battled Sasuke...being reckless. Deidara was pretty much consumed with winning the battle against an Uchiha since, well, he hated the "art" of their eyes, which is their Sharingan. And Deidara was too obsessed with winning a battle against one of them. I agree with Kendoki that Deidara was just caught off guard because of his work of art being this brilliant masterpiece that can kill of an Uchiha.

Sasuke just won because of that since Deidara was pretty much, still, clueless about the Sharingan. Deidara kept asking Sasuke how'd he find the mines underneath the ground....and Sasuke kept saying that he can see the chakra. Besides, Deidara uses Earth style and Sasuke had lightning (which is his Chidori)...so Deidara's earth style jutsus were weak against that lightning element. So Deidara was pretty much at a disadvantage to begin with. Basically, Deidara hasn't even thought of that....

In order to become strong in a battle, one must have the knowledge and skills. Deidara only has the skills...but doesn't have the knowledge to begin with. I'm not saying he's stupid and all...he just hadn't thought of his weakness.

Sasori on the other hand, had much knowledge and stuff, so he's more experienced with fighting since he had been living and battling for quite long. He just died when he battled Chiyo and Sakura since he let them win the battle...he didn't even block the attack when Chiyo summoned his parents (in puppet form).

I'm not so sure about Chiyo knowing most of Sasori's attacks and can counter them with ease. Sasori left the village a long time ago, and he had the third Kazekage in his disposal as a puppet...and I'm pretty sure she (Chiyo) didn't know about it until Sasori summoned it. Also, Sasori can create numerous of poisons, in which, some weren't even known how to be removed and such until they make a new antidote for it. Like in the Shippuuden episode (or in the past manga chapters), Chiyo didn't know how to get the poison out of Kankurou.
    Last edited by Ablaze_Dreamer; 07-21-2007 at 07:11 PM.

Banned
    This is an interesting question...

Deidara stated: "Master Sasori is stronger than me, probably."

this does NOT say "he's a lot stronger" just stronger.

Technically speaking Sasori would have Deidara beat. Chiyo knew all of Sasori's moves and how to properly dodge/counter them.

Sasori was able to take out Kage level ninjas, Deidara fought Gaara and would've lost in a normal fight against Gaara he had to "cheat" to win.

Sasori would only need to hit Deidara one time and it's over, the poison would get him and who knows how far up Sasori's chakra strings could reach. If you've seen Kankuro fight, u'll see he raises his puppets up pretty high in the sky to attack, and that was back in his genin days, so imagine how high up Sasori could elevate a puppet or rush it forward if needed against a long range opponent.

Most of the sand nin are range fighters anyway.

like k-koz said sasori beat 3rd kazekage and made his puppet how embarrasing. if not for his attemp at saving village gaara would have probally fought better. without sakara chiyo wouldnt beat sasori

I think Sasori's stronger. He has much more battle experience than Deidara. He also has over 200 puppets, almost 300, and he didnt use over 100 of them in the fight with Chiyo and Sakura. Also, Chiyo and Sakura happened to be lucky that Chiyo knew what to do and knew a lot about Sasori. She didn't know most of his attacks, but she knew him well so she pretty much knows what he might do. In that battle, it just so happens that Chiyo and Sakura had an advantage against Sasori and that he let them win. Otherwise, they would have lost.

As for Deidara and Sasuke's fight, Sasuke had the advantage of being lighting-type while Deidara was earth-type. Deidara even had Tobi helping (Just putting the mines though), yet he had to commit suicide just to kill Sasuke (it turns out Sasuke didn't die anyways).

If Sasori and Deidara was to fight, Sasori would have won. Deidara probably doesn't even know HOW to break Hiroku(sp?) to get Sasori out. He probably didn't even know that he needed to get Sasori out. Even if he did know, he wouldn't have been able to beat Sasori's 3rd Kazekage puppet, much less his collection. Maybe he CAN beat him if he commited suicide, but I have high doubts that he would have done that anyways.
    Join the D. Gray-Man Fan Club!~ Click Lavi to join!~

Join the Bleach Fan Club!~ Click Hitsugaya to join!~

Rainbow

This is just me, but I kinda think they are pretty equal in strength. Deidara did manage to kill Gaara and Sasuke did kill Oro but like someone said, he was in a weaker state - even though Oro was still kinda strong then-. Deidara does show off a little but I dont think Sasori is THAT much stronger then him. I guess.