View Poll Results: Rate this chapter!

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • |5| Excellent

    16 61.54%
  • |4| Good

    5 19.23%
  • |3| Average

    2 7.69%
  • |2| Bad

    1 3.85%
  • |1| Terrible

    2 7.69%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 92
  1. #81
    Yesss... Rlinfamous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    River Falls, WI
    Posts
    3,437
    Quote Originally Posted by knife eater View Post
    SIMS makes good points, deidara incorrectly assumed more than once sasuke's remaining amount of chakra. Now, there has to be a way to guesstimate an opponents amount of chakra if so many shinobi try and do it in battles and also, what good was his eyepiece with its supposed safeguards against sharingan users?

    As for summoning techniques, do they necessarily require large amounts of chakra? I understand the principle trigger fir summoning is blood calling on the particular contract. Ofc it requires chakra but is it ever stated that high level summons need more chakra than say, summoning a tadpole? Summoning techniques seem to have more variable mechanics than standard jutsu.

    Regardless, after escaping deidara's blast by summoning manda, sasuke was out of commission for a time for more than just chakra exhaustion.
    There is some evidence that summoning techniques require a large amount of chakra. For example, when Jiraiya began training Naruto, he stated that Naruto's style should take advantage of his huge chakra pool, because certain techniques only required a lot of chakra and nothing else. That was the first technique where Jiraiya trained Naruto to harness his Kyuubi chakra, because Naruto's own power wasn't sufficient.

  2. #82
    首はねスレイマン Saiges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Battle of Dias
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by StareIntoMySharingan View Post
    Then you should go back and check/reread the chapters, because you're wrong.

    There was no definite evidence for Sasuke's lack of chakra, on the contrary, Deidara kept getting his observations of Sasuke's chakra reserve wrong, time and time again. A definite evidence would be Sasuke himself, either thinking or stating, how he has no chakra left, which never happened even once.
    I reread the chapters and I wasn't wrong.
    I didn't check anime..but in the manga, Deidara only mentioned Sasuke's stamina once(at the end).
    True, there is no definite evidence that his chakra reserves were empty. But there is no evidence either that he had some left..apart from that a$$pull.

    http://www.mangareader.net/93-367-5/...apter-362.html
    ^This implies that Sasuke's chakra pool is as good as empty. Using body chidori then falling on his knees panting. Can't be more obvious xP
    ...One could say it was the raiton from earlier...which is as good as wrong.
    Then there is Suigetsu saying: "get some rest" (not "get your wounds healed")




    Edit

    I saw something weird when I reread those chapters:

    Spoiler!

    What is that seal for?
    Last edited by Saiges; 07-15-2012 at 02:28 PM.
    __________________________________________


  3. #83
    Yesss... Rlinfamous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    River Falls, WI
    Posts
    3,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiges View Post
    I reread the chapters and I wasn't wrong.
    I didn't check anime..but in the manga, Deidara only mentioned Sasuke's stamina once(at the end).
    True, there is no definite evidence that his chakra reserves were empty. But there is no evidence either that he had some left..apart from that a$$pull.

    http://www.mangareader.net/93-367-5/...apter-362.html
    ^This implies that Sasuke's chakra pool is as good as empty. Using body chidori then falling on his knees panting. Can't be more obvious xP
    ...One could say it was the raiton from earlier...which is as good as wrong.
    Then there is Suigetsu saying: "get some rest" (not "get your wounds healed")




    Edit

    I saw something weird when I reread those chapters:

    Spoiler!

    What is that seal for?
    That seal on Oro's arm summons snakes, he used it against Tsunade/Jiraiya with Kabuto's help. It's like Sasuke's summoning tattoo on his own arm that let's him quickly whip out Shuriken. Basically with those tattoos, they don't have to perform handseals to use summoning techniques.

  4. #84
    Senior Member inu_qq's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    104
    What are the chances that Tobi is an experiment gone wrong? Orochimaru was doing all those tests and experiments on the cellls of the first Hokage, why wouldn't he be doing the same things with the cells from Madara, the strongest Uchiha to have ever lived..? His constant, unending goal throughout the series (besides learning about all things) has been gaining an uchiha body. I personally would love if Tobi was an experimental body oro created with Uchiha cells (so they wouldnt reject the sharingan) and infused (somehow) with some of madara's chakra and/or consciousness.

    Not very plausible, but I would love if this was the outcome.

  5. #85
    Yesss... Rlinfamous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    River Falls, WI
    Posts
    3,437
    Quote Originally Posted by inu_qq View Post
    What are the chances that Tobi is an experiment gone wrong? Orochimaru was doing all those tests and experiments on the cellls of the first Hokage, why wouldn't he be doing the same things with the cells from Madara, the strongest Uchiha to have ever lived..? His constant, unending goal throughout the series (besides learning about all things) has been gaining an uchiha body. I personally would love if Tobi was an experimental body oro created with Uchiha cells (so they wouldnt reject the sharingan) and infused (somehow) with some of madara's chakra and/or consciousness.

    Not very plausible, but I would love if this was the outcome.
    I think at this point it would make more sense if Tobi was an experiment gone wrong, but of Madara's design, not Orochimaru's. I like the theory that Tobi was either created by Madara's Rinnegan Izanagi / "Creation of All Things", is a Zetsu-esque being infused with some of Madara's own memories, or is the leftover / damaged original body of Madara. Those are some of my preferred theories as to Tobi's origins/creation.

  6. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    740
    yeah would make sense to me if madara created tobi while he was on the verge of death, being desperate and unable to thoroughly plan, he created something like tobi that has a lot of madara's core personality and goals.

  7. #87
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,961
    Quote Originally Posted by inu_qq View Post
    What are the chances that Tobi is an experiment gone wrong? Orochimaru was doing all those tests and experiments on the cellls of the first Hokage, why wouldn't he be doing the same things with the cells from Madara, the strongest Uchiha to have ever lived..? His constant, unending goal throughout the series (besides learning about all things) has been gaining an uchiha body. I personally would love if Tobi was an experimental body oro created with Uchiha cells (so they wouldnt reject the sharingan) and infused (somehow) with some of madara's chakra and/or consciousness.

    Not very plausible, but I would love if this was the outcome.
    Not likely, chances are practically Zero. Kabuto would know about any such Orochimaru experiments, therefore his conversation with Madara would not have had him talking about Tobi as an avatar of Madara's.



    Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    I think at this point it would make more sense if Tobi was an experiment gone wrong, but of Madara's design, not Orochimaru's. I like the theory that Tobi was either created by Madara's Rinnegan Izanagi / "Creation of All Things", is a Zetsu-esque being infused with some of Madara's own memories, or is the leftover / damaged original body of Madara. Those are some of my preferred theories as to Tobi's origins/creation.
    I agree with this: "Tobi was either created by Madara's Rinnegan Izanagi / "Creation of All Things", is a Zetsu-esque being infused with some of Madara's own memories, or is the leftover / damaged original body of Madara. "

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  8. #88
    Senior Member inu_qq's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    104
    Yeah, I'm currently familiar with those theories. I was just wondering if there was some other connection between Oro and these main players (madara and tobi). So much of their research crosses paths. and Madara touching his neck like he has a curse mark two chapters ago (when talking about anko's), there are more things connecting these two (oro and madara) than people think.

    Also, i love (putting things in parenthesis)

  9. #89
    Yesss... Rlinfamous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    River Falls, WI
    Posts
    3,437
    Quote Originally Posted by inu_qq View Post
    Yeah, I'm currently familiar with those theories. I was just wondering if there was some other connection between Oro and these main players (madara and tobi). So much of their research crosses paths. and Madara touching his neck like he has a curse mark two chapters ago (when talking about anko's), there are more things connecting these two (oro and madara) than people think.

    Also, i love (putting things in parenthesis)
    I'll agree there's some deeper connection between Orochimaru and Madara. At the very least, Madara probably recived the Cursed Seal when he was completed "beyond his prime" by Kabuto, along with whatever boost to his Mokuton (the Hashirama face?). Basically, Edo Madara was originally Orochimaru's tool, not Kabuto's.

    The connection could go deeper; the Sannin met Nagato as a young boy, and Madara lived at least long enough to know of young Nagato. It's very possible that Madara even worked with Orochimaru at some point. Could see someone like Madara, who made failsafes for after his death and likely died due to the limitations of his own body, being very intrigued by immortality jutsu.

  10. #90
    Elder Brother EliteKage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    931
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Not likely, chances are practically Zero. Kabuto would know about any such Orochimaru experiments, therefore his conversation with Madara would not have had him talking about Tobi as an avatar of Madara's.





    I agree with this: "Tobi was either created by Madara's Rinnegan Izanagi / "Creation of All Things", is a Zetsu-esque being infused with some of Madara's own memories, or is the leftover / damaged original body of Madara. "
    Tobi cannot be the damaged original body of Madara because he was unaware of the mechanisms behind Edo Tensei, while as Madara seemed pretty knowledgeable about it. It is possible however Tobi is a zetsu clone of some sort that Madara chose to only keep certain memories and goals within and not everything. There could be a specific reason Tobi doesn't know much about edo tensei.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •