Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The Rin'engan Eye

I was taking a look at the translation of What Rin'engan means recently. Translated it means Transmigration eye.

The Definition of transmigration is the passage of a soul after death into another body; metempsychosis.

Since this is true it kind of gives insight into what the Rin'engan can do....and it also explains sort of why Pein has 6 bodies. Does this mean that everyone who dies in some way has the Rinengan used on them can come back to life in some form or other? Perhaps this can also explain why Madara is still alive long after his lifespan should be. And what about Naruto will he in the future have to fight a Pein body version of Jiraiya?

Good research Hardcasex, didn't know what the rin'engan meant. I think that in order for your argument to be true Pein must have some way of capturing souls... in the case of Jiraiya I think that ship sailed and no-one knows what's happened to his body.

I do think though that if Pein were to find that body before the Konoha ninja retrieve it, then he can use his rin'engan's ability to do his soul transfer jutsu. I guess similar to Sasori that the bodies he keeps can still use their jutsus and kekkei genkai but his rinnegan allows him to control the physical bodies via soul transfer

metempsychosis=Reincarnation if thats true then this is why the Rain village revere Pein as a god and that they say he might not even exist.

The ability to reincarnate could be why Jiraiya couldnt recognize Nagato as the current Pein. Maybe the machine he uses is sort of a storage bin of bodies to keep the dead bodies fresh while his soul transfers from one to the other. Just think if dead bodies were being used this way there would be nothing to keep them from rotting away.

The bigger question is Who is Pein? If he is just Nagato then how did he get the bodies of all these random ninja Jiraiya recognized.....
    Last edited by Hardcasex; 02-09-2008 at 10:39 AM.

reincaration cant be all of it
    Naruto 373 | Read naruto chapter 373 manga online
    Naruto 373 | Read naruto chapter 373 manga online
    he obviously owned that ninja without reincarnation but with something else.

Perhaps the Rin-n taps into some other consiousness that is connected to some other dimension or something. So it alters the mind of Nagato when he activates it making him more arrogant.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Future Hokage Ninetailedbeast27's Avatar
    interesting, but i think that there has to be more to the rin'n than just stealing bodys from ninja, i mean nagato killed that rock chuunin when he was so young with it, so there has to be some other cool power we haven't seen yet

"The Strongest of the Biju, Kyuubi No Yoko, Fear the Power"

Rin'engan

Well Jiraiya said that someone who possesses the Rin'engan can use all shinobi techniques.
    Its possible that Nagato copied someone elses techniques even before Jiraiya discovered he had Rin'engan. Also this 6 paths thing and the fact that the Sage of 6 paths had this could mean that a Rin'engan user can master all 6 elements of the shinobi world easily.

Also I think that each body that he possesses arent like bunshins they are more like Orochimarus reanimation in the sense that he enslaves the soul of the possessed.Plus I suspect theres more to those abilities also..

This is an interesting theory. It could be that the Rin'egan does somehow reincarnate its user among other things. It could be that Nagato is really the reincarnation of the original Rin'egan user.

If this is true then it could be that Nagato has been reincarnated over and over again over the centuries and he somehow keeps the memories of each lifetime. So it could be that he doesn't regain those memories tell he reaches a certain age. If he is in danger before then it could be that for a few moments he can acess the knowledge of all the jutsu's he's learned over the centuries as a means to defend himself, but may not have any memories of what he did afterward. That would explain why Nagato blacked out and then when he came to again he saw the rock ninja dead and blood on his hands.

Of course thats not the only ability of the Rin'engan. It could be that it also gives him the ability to split his soul into segments and then transfer it into dead bodies to reanimate them. But he probably can't do it more than 6 segments, hence the 6 paths.

Quote Originally Posted by MangaMan View Post
    This is an interesting theory. It could be that the Rin'egan does somehow reincarnate its user among other things. It could be that Nagato is really the reincarnation of the original Rin'egan user.

If this is true then it could be that Nagato has been reincarnated over and over again over the centuries and he somehow keeps the memories of each lifetime. So it could be that he doesn't regain those memories tell he reaches a certain age. If he is in danger before then it could be that for a few moments he can acess the knowledge of all the jutsu's he's learned over the centuries as a means to defend himself, but may not have any memories of what he did afterward. That would explain why Nagato blacked out and then when he came to again he saw the rock ninja dead and blood on his hands.

Of course thats not the only ability of the Rin'engan. It could be that it also gives him the ability to split his soul into segments and then transfer it into dead bodies to reanimate them. But he probably can't do it more than 6 segments, hence the 6 paths.
    I disagree with 2 parts of this though. 1 part is him being reincarnated over and over. I do think between the time Nagato was a kid into his adulthood he reincarnated many times. Which could be why he forgot who Yahiko was.
    2. Im not saying he splits his soul when he takes over multiple bodies, Im saying he controls the souls of the people he kills reanimating them(creapy theory). The 6 paths thing was talked about in the manga Jiraya said it. The Rinengan user can master all 6 elements of the ninja world. Peins 6 bodies I suspect represented the 6 elements or the 6 paths. Because notice when Jiraiya was fighting him he noticed that 1 or 2 of the bodies did the same jutsu over and over.Which is what he probably didnt want Jiraiya to figure out since if he did he would figure out a way to beat him.

Veteran Member
    at Naruto 373 | Read naruto chapter 373 manga online it is said that rinnegan is the strongest eye technique.....this makes me wonder of pain and madara's relationship