Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sharingan vs sharingan

Reading this chapter got me thinking... when two powerful sharingan shinobi fight they can only fight with genjutsu and ninjutusu right? I mean taijutsu's kinda pointless since they can both predict the other's movements 2 steps ahead so the whole fight becomes a closed loop where the only thing that'll make one person beat the other is speed and Itachi and Sasuke are as quick as each other...

What do you guys think?

Zetsu explained it best in this chapter. The sharingan is nothing more than a ninja tool. Its only as powerful as the person using it. Itachi underestimated Sasuke's willpower. So really, I believe the deciding factor is gonna come down to Taijutsu and Ninjutsu. Obviously, genjutsu isn't cutting it since they both are so good with it.

sasuke should win in a taijutsu's as Itachi is going blind

Itachi's going so blind that he was able to deflect all of those shurikens.....

@Afro - See what you mean about the sharingan, guess a winner would come out even with Taijutsu cuz of the different power levels.

Can't wait to see what crazy jutsu's Itachi whips out though. We know what Sasuke can do (except for "that" jutsu), but haven't seen Itachi go all out when backed up agst the wall.

I had pegged Sasuke as the winner due to Itachi's blindness also, but then he blocked all 1,285 shuriken thrown at his blind ass... i was impressed. It seems Itachi is still faster than Sasuke, but Sasuke's ninjutsu should be the deciding factor here. I just hope we can get to "actual" fighting here, I like seeing their strengths in making and getting out of genjutsu, but I want to see some hands flying.
    Killer Bee killed Sasuke twice. Sweet.

Apparently I'm looking at this wrong but isn't Itachi's eyesight fine when he has the mangekyou sharingan activated? I mean, it doesn't really make sense that is all-powerful eye, can't see anything at a certain point cause then there'd be no need to even use his mangekyou, or his sharingan. I just thought that his normal eyesight was going blind and since he can't maintain the mangekyou forever, he's plunging into the darkness.

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

I think the side effect of using the Mangekyou is eventual blindness of your normal eye sight. I'm not sure Itachi's used his Mangekyou to the point where he's lost his normal sight but he knows it'll come. So I think he's just planning for that...

I'm sure when he and Madara were having tea or something they talked about how Madara was able to have his Mangekyou on all the time. He probably learned it's better to plan ahead and not wait for your brother to come to your bed side after you've already gone blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Asce View Post
    Apparently I'm looking at this wrong but isn't Itachi's eyesight fine when he has the mangekyou sharingan activated? I mean, it doesn't really make sense that is all-powerful eye, can't see anything at a certain point cause then there'd be no need to even use his mangekyou, or his sharingan. I just thought that his normal eyesight was going blind and since he can't maintain the mangekyou forever, he's plunging into the darkness.
    Are you saying you think his eye sight is perfect while MS is activated. That the blindness only sets in when his Sharingan or his MS is deactivated.

Sig and Ava by Imotochan

That sounds pretty weird to me given that he's able to run his Sharingan pretty much indefinately, it'd hardly be a huge weakness if he was blind without it but fine with it since he uses it 95% of the time.