Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    As things are shaping out, it looks like Sasuke's main opponent will be Madara. And Naruto's will be Pain. At least initially.

I have a hard time seeing Naruto even put a dent on Pain. I agree that Yamato will be good for Naruto, but there is little time for that now. The battle to take down Akatsuki is now, it will not wait for 3 more months of training.

Even with Jiriah's death the only way Naruto could be useful against Akatsuki will be if he gets a lot of help from Ma and Pa toad, and from Kakashi. Hopefully he won't get in their way by rushing off dangerously on his own and making them have to protect him. As for Naruto learning new seals and Jutsu's, Kishimoto has so belittled his IQ that it's scarcely believable that Naruto will suddenly be performing high level maneuvers.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Naruto learns better by doing than just reading things. I dont think Naruto is dumn hes just slow to learn. Naruto has been mastering high lv ninja tech form the start.
    -He leanred Shadow Clone Jutsu an A rank justsu in 1 day
    - He mastered Rasenga in 1 week another A class Justsu
    - he surpassed even the 4ths Rasengan by making Wind Shuriken Rasengan an S class justu

OPEN YOU EYES DUDE your locked in 1 way track of thinking Naruto is already mastering moves beyond most ppl his age.
    Look at the other ppl in his age group what are they doing which makes them so much better.
    -Shikamaru has a 200+ I.Q. how come he aint busting out 101 ninjitsu he too dumn to learn them too?
    My point being just because someone doesnt know 60+ justsu's dont mean they are not improving they have all improved in thier own way. They each have thier own sstyle of combat which makes them unique

-Naruto 1000 shadow clone Justsu is the perfect weapon against someone like Pein who uses multiple bodies with shared vsion. Naruto just needs to devlop his Taijitstu skill and speed to a much much higher level beacause he is a Close Combat fighter type.

- Also his shadow clones are very usefull when fighting a sharingan user the trick is just never fight him with your real body that way you dont get caught in his genjitsu.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

shadowclone and rasengan are boring. when kakashi mentioned a new jutsu that would enable naruto to surpass him i really got exited until it turned out just to be a bigger rasengan. however the idea of training with shadowclones is really interesting. i didnt think kishimoto would really include something so retardedly powerfull in the story. why doesnt naruto just create a million clones and go to school for a day? he already prooved us that he is capable of training with thousands of copies. even one thousand would mean more than 2 years of shoolexperience in one day, thats a freaking godsend! but sadly i dont think kishimoto is going to use the ability to this extent, just when its required for battle and only just enough to still have a decent fight.

@POW

It's not really Naruto i'm down on, but Kishimoto's portrayal of him. I actually like him better than Sasuke. I know that Kishi somehow has to grow Naruto into the Man/Ninja we all root for him to be, I do think that a lot of time has been wasted by him not developing the character( Too much focus on Sasuke I guess).

It really would be interesting to see how they (Kishi that is) "Man" him up. My hope is for Ma and Pa to take Naruto to Toad Mountain and straighten him out there.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

I think Naruto's portrayal will improve after Kishi finishes jerking off to Sasuke kun. When that comes however, is entirely un-known to me. Perhaps Kishi should find a girlfriend?

Initiate
    -However I kinda of look at shippuden as the middle part of a trilogy and Naruto is in his inbetween stage
    My first reaction was that this was silly, but sitting here thinking about it I think you might be on to something.

In order to completely wrap everything up nice and tidily, a lot will have to be answered. Having a time skip could easily solve a lot of questions with little effort and have bringing down Akatsuki as the main aspect of the next arc (Sasuke takes on Madara, Naruto against Pein).

It's definitely worth it's own thread to discuss, but I'll stop detouring now.

My hope is for Ma and Pa to take Naruto to Toad Mountain and straighten him out there.
    I see this being a part of it, but I believe someone new is going to come out of the shadows and get him to the next level.