Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Naruto Just How Will Naruto's Growth be Achieved

Kishimoto has spent 388 chapters firmly cementing Naruto's persona as one of a dim witted goofball. Now he intends to somehow turn this around and grow Naruto up. I just don't see how he'll do it in a believable way.

You simply can't change a person from being a weak minded simpleton whose only strong attributes are belief in himself, ability to form friendships, and an over abundance of Chakra (sometimes borrowed from the nine-tailed-fox).

Naruto trained with Kakashi...dud! He then trained with Jiriah...dud! Next he trained with Yamato and Kakashi..Still a dud!

1) Suggestions anyone, on how Kishi will develop/ reinvent Naruto's character.
    2) Can it happen in time for Naruto to play a significant part in the current Madara arc?

What do you all think, or am I being too hard on old orange jump suit ramen head?

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

All naruto needs is to learn a few cool jutsu. Become calm and cool and think things out. Then learn to use his jutsu properly. IE his enormous chakra, the fox, the shadow clones, and his rasenshuriken.

Sig and Ava by Imotochan

Lost in fathomed infinity Freakshow's Avatar
    Eh, first of all Naruto will not change how he act`s in front of his friends.

He will learn from Jiraya`s death, the only person who were close enough to be his father, and Jiraya`s death will change naruto and he will no longer focus on Sasuke ...
    He will go on to stop Akatsuki

I think training with Yamato will mature Naruto up a lot. Yamato is completely different from Kakashi and actually treats his subordinates like their ninja and not like their his "cute little team 7" like Kakashi did. Jiraiya was supose to man him up but he didn't do such a good job (I think its because Jiraiya considered himself like a father to Naruto and didn't want to push him too hard). But Yamato seemed to be honest with Naruto from the start, telling him he hurt Sakura and telling him he better save Sasuke with his own power or he's just a puss. Yamato seems like the guy to do it to me! I hope Naruto comes back as a kick ass ANBU leader or something, change of clothes definately, ANBU clothes.
    A pie in the sky?

first of all naruto needs to get off sasuke's nuts. hopefully with jiraiya's death he'll realize that he's truly in danger and his life is more important than chasing after sasuke. just as shock said naruto needs to train with yamato since he's a down to earth person who isn't scared to say the truth. yamato can also suppress the kyuubi chakra so he'll be able to restrain naruto if he goes kyuubi.

naruto also needs to learn some new jutsus and they shouldn't be rasengan or kage bunshin related. he needs to learn to keep calm and think rather than run into battles. finally he needs to strengthen his genjutsu and taijutsu abilities and also learn to use a cool weapon like a sword or special kunai and most importantly naruto needs to rely on his own power rather than the kyuubi's. with that said i think naruto will be a much better ninja.

CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

Dissenter of Shangri-la
    as far as him being a badass ninja, he really doesn't have that far to go. it's not that fair to just brush off his belief in himself, and his over abundance of Chakra. those things along with what j-man, kakashi, and yamato taught him already make him a force to be reckoned with.
    while it's true he isn't the smartest guy, he does have a high iq when it comes to tactics in the heat of battle.(think about his fights with kiba, neji, kabuto, kakuzu). some more training with yamato and maybe learning to use that key for the kyuubi's chakra j-man left him should make him loads stronger.

all that said i would agree that it's going to be interesting how kishi manages to make him into a suitable hokage. for that, he would need to get alot smarter and mature. the naruto of right now would be a disaster at making policies, intelligently handling relations with other villages, and planning things out on a large scale for his village.

It seems Jiraiya's death will play a large role, if not the only role in shaping Naruto's future. He will not stop focusing on Sasuke, but he won't go over the top for Sasuke either. He will have his priorities, and it will most likely make him look at it more maturely, but I doubt the chasing after Sasuke thing will stop.

I'm betting Jiraiya's death will hit him hard and, combined with something that happens between him and Madara (whenever the manga gets back to that) will make him put off finding Sasuke, at least for awhile. Then the frog thing will do whatever Jiraiya told it to do and Naruto will hopefully learn something that makes him closer to Sasuke's level.
    Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Lost in fathomed infinity Freakshow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabarnes View Post
    Then the frog thing will do whatever Jiraiya told it to do and Naruto will hopefully learn something that makes him closer to Sasuke's level.
    Close to sasuke`s level? lol

If he learns the frog thing Sasuke is over. Naruto will surpas all the ninja`s in his age.

-Jiraiya's death was meant to act as a Catalyst that would force Naruto to grow up.

-Those who look at Naruto too harshly need to calm down he has grown and developed his skill alot more from the 1st series. Even Yamoto mentioned Naruto changed further after doing Kakashis special training.

-Naruto is only 15 years old hes still a kid hes at the level hes suppose to be at hes not suppose to be Ultimate Hokage level already or it would be boring so no need to compare him to Sauske. And while we are on the subject the only reason Sasuke devolped so fast is because his Sharingan as anyone with 1 could learn techq easy and develop fast. W/o his sharingan Sauske would be at the same level as Sai

-However I kinda of look at shippuden as the middle part of a trilogy and Naruto is in his inbetween stage

-Also Remb that Jiraiya was once just like Naruto and he turned out fine so dont have a melt down because Naruto isnt busting out 1001 Jutsus. Hopefully he will spend a good portion of this year trainning beacuse ever since he got back hes been running around non stop .
    Last edited by POW; 02-07-2008 at 11:38 AM.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you