Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Yeah I really liked this chapter, I like how even though there's no fighting and its really emotional I can actually feel what the characters are feeling at the time, it was sad when he had to take all his dead crewmates away and played their song all by himself :'( Im happy hes gotten a new crew now though. Good chapter but lets get back to the action and lets find out when the hell their gonna get to mermaid island!?!?
    A pie in the sky?

i dont mind a few more flashback of brooke just put a 1 or 2 pages for the straw hats to updates of their conditions and plans

Spoiler!

I agree... Chapter's good but since it's just a flashback its kinda boring without the Strawhats....
    Just wondering what kind of devil fruit ability does Brooke have aside from returning to his body after dying... Is that all?? Guess Oda will surely detail this after Brooke joins the SH if ever.....
    I hope he'll join the crew

I wanna know what his captain had for his DF power since he said he couldn't jump in the water to save them Im taking it as he would die if he did...
    A pie in the sky?

I'm still wondering why Brooke can run over water with a DF ability...i think they gave some lame excuse like "maybe he can do that because he's just bones". Brooke's DF ability should just be the returning to his body once after dying. It's really just an excuse for Oda to add a talking skeleton to the crew. Thats Oda for ya.

-_-'
    Nooo brooke, don't join the crew! go see laboon, he's waiting for ya! have children with him, plenty of baby skeleton whales ! yohoho!

Quote Originally Posted by redzero00 View Post
    BAH i thought the chapter was good, it sped all the way through his previous crew's adventures, which was very well told in 19 pages imo. But i hope they dont spend another chapter on it, we already know how he became a skeleton (his Devil Fruit remember?), and that his crew got slaughtered on Thriller Bark i-forget-how-many years ago.

And Brooke is not useless, he's a bloody swordsman ffs but obviously not as good as Zoro. I guess he'll have to take over for a while now that Zoro's out of commission.
    ------------------------------------------
    Oh and whats happening with the Mangashare/Binktopia scanlations? I dont think ive seen a Mangashare/Binktopia scanlation for One Piece in the past 3 weeks/chapters. Ive had to rely on the Franky House ones (which aren't too bad btw, other places besides mangashare do far worse translations)
    thriller bark existed only 10 yrs ago, brooke's former crew died 50 yrs ago.

Team Rocket's Head Giovanni Boss's Avatar
    I'm still wondering why Brooke can run over water with a DF ability...i think they gave some lame excuse like "maybe he can do that because he's just bones". Brooke's DF ability should just be the returning to his body once after dying. It's really just an excuse for Oda to add a talking skeleton to the crew. Thats Oda for ya.
    If I remember well, in the manga he didn't walk over water [otherwise he could just keep running through Grand Line, on those years before he had his shadow stolen].
    In manga, he jumped from the Thousand Sunny, and, as he is very strong and extremely light, he just jumped a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge distance.

I was thinking Brook wouldn't join the crew 'cause he'd return to Laboon. But as he made the promise to make a trip around the world before returning, I guess he may join now. And I like Brook. Also, hope he has more abilities apart from being just a swordsman, otherwise he'd just be a quite useless character, with no epic fights.
    I'm still wondering who filled Sunny with supplies and treasure.

Why is this a problem? It's not like any time someone with a DF ability touches water they lose their power or sink. Oda's said they have to be about waist-deep for it the curse to matter. Brook's just light enough to stay on the water if he moves quickly.

Anyway, I thought it was a good chapter. I'm hoping the flashback means Brook will be joining. Seems like he could be both the musician and the watch (that seemed to be his position when he was with the Rumba pirates).

Quote Originally Posted by Giovanni Boss View Post
    I'm still wondering who filled Sunny with supplies and treasure.
    I think it was Perona when she was trying to get away. She was gonna steal Sunny and filled it up with supplies
    DO NOT FEED THE BEARS!!!