Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

One Piece One Piece 487 Discussion and 488 Predictions

Alright, I thought I'd take this into my own hands.

Discuss away!

alright, I will reply, I just don't get the end, what's bink's sake again?
    AWSOME, ONE PIECE IS JUST FREAKING AWSOME!!.

Ronin
    im pretty sure its some of the lyrics to the song that he sings....

did anyone notice that one of the pirates kinda looks like franky when he was young? could it be his dad? he was a pirate.
    DO NOT FEED THE BEARS!!!

King & Queen of Chocolate Torunkusu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by toaster_oven View Post
    did anyone notice that one of the pirates kinda looks like franky when he was young? could it be his dad? he was a pirate.
    Noticed this, but I think it was too minor a character for it to have any significance.

This chapter made me more fond of Brook than before. But I'm still not sure about him joining the crew. I've had my doubts about previous members though (Chopper is a fine example of a character I really didn't want on the crew who's grown exponentionally since pre-alabasta for me).

Wari Wari... Akagami No Fearghus's Avatar
    its good someone started this post...

i think this flashbakcs reasonable but i sure hope oda doesnt spend like 5 chapters going over it like during the skypiea story line with norland... it was good sure but lets be honest...

the crew we care about the most is the strawhats =]

-_-'
    The only part of this flashback i'm interested in, is how he became a skeleton and why he's "alive". And depending on that, i'll be willing to accept (or not) brooke as a new member of the crew. But I trust in Oda's imagination.

As for now, I don't want brooke in the team. Or he will be a useless character (unless he has other abilities we haven't seen yet) like robin (in my opinion, she's so weak, we did not see a good/decisive fight from her unlike the other characters).

BAH i thought the chapter was good, it sped all the way through his previous crew's adventures, which was very well told in 19 pages imo. But i hope they dont spend another chapter on it, we already know how he became a skeleton (his Devil Fruit remember?), and that his crew got slaughtered on Thriller Bark i-forget-how-many years ago.

And Brooke is not useless, he's a bloody swordsman ffs but obviously not as good as Zoro. I guess he'll have to take over for a while now that Zoro's out of commission.
    ------------------------------------------
    Oh and whats happening with the Mangashare/Binktopia scanlations? I dont think ive seen a Mangashare/Binktopia scanlation for One Piece in the past 3 weeks/chapters. Ive had to rely on the Franky House ones (which aren't too bad btw, other places besides mangashare do far worse translations)
    Last edited by redzero00; 02-03-2008 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

-_-'
    Oh, you're right, I forgot the reason was he ate a devil fruit.. my shitty memory.. :/

Then, I don't want brooke in the crew and i'm not interested in his story! xD

It was good to see some of Brooke's past and his crew in this chapter. I'm guessing the flashback will probably be pretty short, everything important has already happened. If that's the case, we could see Brooke join in 488. Although I wouldn't be too opposed to a couple more chapters of flashback if Oda has something up his sleeve for Brooke's past.