View Poll Results: Is Sasuke too simple a Character?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • No way man!!! He is really deep Character, How dare you insult Sasuke!

19 36.54%
  • He is about as complex as a wet paper bag

33 63.46%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I wish Sasuke, not Jiraiya, had died.

jiraiya is dead for good, he wont come back kishimoto said so in his interview because naruto has to grow up (his words)
    thanks, I was going by the manga itself, not interviews.

jiraiya is dead. he was stabbed in the neck a couple of times by pein, he lost copious amounts of blood, and was sinking into the water. what part of all that doesn't point to the fact that jiraiya is dead. in the interview kishi said that naruto is going to have to grow up just as shikamaru had to grow up. shikamaru grew up after the death of asuma so it's safe to say that jiraiya is dead. jiraiya's death is the driving force naruto needs in order for him to stop chasing after sasuke and start training.

CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

To me sasuke is too simple because in reality he character hasn't really changed since the beginning of the series, still chasing power, still chasing Itachi, still wanting revenge as oppose to someone like Naruto who has changed quite a bit since the beginning of the series. While he still is the Village idiot, he is more mature and not the prankster that he once was depicted as (probably still is though). And when you compare the 2, you can see a change in Naruto, but not in Sasuke.

Didn't Jiraiya start his own heart again?

But Sasuke is not a simple character, he has the revenge side to him as well as the side of him that is conflicted with killing people, and then his Konoha bonds that he still has (I still think he has these bonds, their not THAT easy to just toss away) and he has a new leadership role as well as trying to revive his clan. He's pretty complex. Naruto on the other hand is more simple, he just seems to be raw uncontrolled emotion, like an animal almost, but Im guessing hes that way because he wasn't raised by anyone and never had parents to tell him the right way to handle emotions and the wrong way...
    A pie in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaidenlive22 View Post
    jiraiya is dead. he was stabbed in the neck a couple of times by pein, he lost copious amounts of blood, and was sinking into the water. what part of all that doesn't point to the fact that jiraiya is dead. in the interview kishi said that naruto is going to have to grow up just as shikamaru had to grow up. shikamaru grew up after the death of asuma so it's safe to say that jiraiya is dead. jiraiya's death is the driving force naruto needs in order for him to stop chasing after sasuke and start training.
    What if after all this lets say November December we see Kona taking care of Da-Perv because she saved him lol...

Sasuke is straight outright one path revenge do whatever to get it no regrets and i guess that is what makes him interesting
    Conspiracy theory

Finally Ekess has Come back to Mangashare
    Finally Ekess has Come back to Boredom Zone
    Finally Ekess has Come back to The Corupted wish game
    Finally Ekess has Come back Home.!

Spoiler!

It depend's on what you consider to be simple characteristics but I think it is safe to say Sasuke is not an interesting or compeling character.

Absolutely Evil Villain The Blacknoah's Avatar
    Message from the Blacknoah:

To make it simple: Sasuke is boring.
    Repeat this after me: I will never take on a god AGAIN! -Omega Rugal KOF '98

Quote Originally Posted by The Blacknoah View Post
    Message from the Blacknoah:

To make it simple: Sasuke is boring.
    you sir,
    hit the nail on the head!

Dissenter of Shangri-la
    i actually find his character interesting. to me he's in the same vein as guys like batman or the punisher, granted he's tad more emo and he's less concerned with the world as a whole than those guys. but he still fits the bad past leading to single minded quest for revenge/justice type. and i like the fact that he doesn't concern himself with all that moralistic bs about only using "your own power." yep CS, drugs, oro white snake power, whatever gets the job done sasuke uses.
    maybe i'm just a sucker for tragic revenge obsessed characters, who walk that thin line between good-guy/bad-guy. anyway i've just always found his type interesting...