Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    I think Madara was selective when he created Tobi. He needed a stand in for himself while he was dead. He just gave him the essentials to be able to get the job done. That could easily explain why his memories are not complete.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

That doesn't mesh. Madara's statement of "It can't be helped" implies that it's a "I could have done this anytime, there was just no reason to do it until now" thing.

Kabuto didn't explicitly prevent Madara from making seals or using techniques. He's been free to do those things since he was summoned. Plus, Kabuto didn't know about this, so he couldn't have prevented it.

Furthermore, under what circumstances would any Edo Tensei user want to voluntarily release the technique, anyway? I mean, I guess he could say "Ok Im done with this soul now, release!" but it would have been just as easy to say "Go sit over there in the corner forever until I call you again."

Quote Originally Posted by Orrion View Post
    That doesn't mesh. Madara's statement of "It can't be helped" implies that it's a "I could have done this anytime, there was just no reason to do it until now" thing.

Kabuto didn't explicitly prevent Madara from making seals or using techniques. He's been free to do those things since he was summoned. Plus, Kabuto didn't know about this, so he couldn't have prevented it.

Furthermore, under what circumstances would any Edo Tensei user want to voluntarily release the technique, anyway? I mean, I guess he could say "Ok Im done with this soul now, release!" but it would have been just as easy to say "Go sit over there in the corner forever until I call you again."
    Ummm, that whole contract thing madara mentioned after itachi effectively nullified the "binding terms". Also, we see plenty of scenes with physical seals as tags placed directly into the flesh of those summoned. The hokages were expressly controlled and did not operate according to their own bidding
    Madara, however lax his restrictions may have been when kabuto put him
    In play, found himself in not such a disagreeable situation. He only had to use his edo tensei seal knowledge because the situation changed, he needs to stick around anyway because as far as he knows kabuto us an ally and anyone undoing edo tensei is someone looking to also thwart madaras plans. Resealing the edo tensei contract us purely opportunistic and a good choice at that, it was not about freeing himself from kabuto because kabuto didn't keep him under lock and key anyway after his coffin door blew open.

I don't see why believing madara didn't need a sacrifice for the reasons stated are far fetched intricate fanmade droolings. Its simple, he was already called into the living realm and assigned a body. He never left, he merely renegotiated the contract to remain but under his power, not kabutos.