Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by almara View Post
    yeah, i think it is true what has been said here, the edos cant just release the edo seal, it has to be released first by the creator and once that has been done and only then can they reseal themselves to their bodies if they know the seals.
    Completely Agree Almara......BUTTTTTTTTT !! Let me be contrary for just a little bit and say this.

Whenever an Edo is originally created, the summoner requires Cells from the Summoned, along with a LIVING sacrifice.

But When an Edo is Re-Summoning himself, he only has/needs Cells from himself, and cells from the now dead, formerly living sacrifice. BUT...(Suddenly) he no longer needs a living sacrifice.

How convenient for Madara

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

It's also possible that Madara didn't re-summon himself, but simply cancelled the un-summoning by ending the contract contract with Kabuto. Maybe if Madara's soul had already entirely broken free of its Edo host, he couldn't have re-attached the soul to the body, because I agree that seems like it should be part of the original summoning ritual. However, I'm guessing since he broke the summoning contract in time, he simply re-formed as if he'd taken damage.

i agree paulbee, it does seem convenient for madara(or rather more convenient for kishi lol) but the way i look at it, the sacrifices for madara's body had already been made and if i remember correctly his soul never actually left his body, so i think that is why he could do what he did, he basically just sealed himself to a body.

Quote Originally Posted by almara View Post
    i agree paulbee, it does seem convenient for madara(or rather more convenient for kishi lol) but the way i look at it, the sacrifices for madara's body had already been made and if i remember correctly his soul never actually left his body, so i think that is why he could do what he did, he basically just sealed himself to a body.
    Madara didn't need a new sacrifice when he fudged his edo contract. The jutsu literally pulls the soul from another realm, madara was still in the living realm when he performed the contract seal. The sacrifice most likely is not only to free a vessel for the summoned soul but also to replace the summoned soul in the realm of the dead. It is a trade/exchange and madara's "deal" had already been negotiated, no further purchase required as he never returned to the spirit world. He was not performing the actual technique of edo tensei anyway

Kishi has got to be thankful for all the fans who come up with complex explanations to justify the workings of his techniques, but it seems we all agree on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    Kishi has got to be thankful for all the fans who come up with complex explanations to justify the workings of his techniques, but it seems we all agree on this one.
    Yep, You think very much like I do. I'm fairly certain that Kishi didn't think through all the intricacies of his writings, so thank God for the fans, eh . It is at once both Interesting and Amusing.

well atleast he takes the input of the fans seriously enough to actually use it, i think it shows respect. now if we could only get royalties or payment for our ideas everything wold be peachy lol.

Well, ET doesn't create life or give it back, it utilize the currently existing one (that's why the living sacrifice is needed), the DNA is needed as a link to the soul and a blueprint for a new/modified body, it's quite possibly that the sacrifice's soul is exchanged for the summoned one, thus leaving the balance between Impure & Pure world intact. After the jutsu has ended, the sacrificed one is dead.

Is it me, or is it strange that there aren't any new theories or at least resurfaced old theories about Tobi's identity ? After the confirmation that he isn't Madara, I expected some 'Tobi = Obito or at least uses his body' theories to come back at full force ;P. Especially since:
    - Kakashi is at the stage of Naruto vs Tobi fight, where Naruto promised to rip off his mask,
    - Obito's left side could just have been phasing through the rock, like Tobi currently can,
    - just like with Orochimaru's 'take over for 3 years jutsu', there could have been a need to grant some wish (?) - a present (Sharingan) for Kakashi,
    - the same type of Sharingan (?) jutsu like Kakashi's,
    - more ?

If he were to indeed end as like that, damn, just how much of a master troll Kishi would be ;P.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Well, ET doesn't create life or give it back, it utilize the currently existing one (that's why the living sacrifice is needed), the DNA is needed as a link to the soul and a blueprint for a new/modified body, it's quite possibly that the sacrifice's soul is exchanged for the summoned one, thus leaving the balance between Impure & Pure world intact. After the jutsu has ended, the sacrificed one is dead.

Is it me, or is it strange that there aren't any new theories or at least resurfaced old theories about Tobi's identity ? After the confirmation that he isn't Madara, I expected some 'Tobi = Obito or at least uses his body' theories to come back at full force ;P. Especially since:
    - Kakashi is at the stage of Naruto vs Tobi fight, where Naruto promised to rip off his mask,
    - Obito's left side could just have been phasing through the rock, like Tobi currently can,
    - just like with Orochimaru's 'take over for 3 years jutsu', there could have been a need to grant some wish (?) - a present (Sharingan) for Kakashi,
    - the same type of Sharingan (?) jutsu like Kakashi's,
    - more ?

If he were to indeed end as like that, damn, just how much of a master troll Kishi would be ;P.

I don't really think Tobi is Obito, in the end Tobi Must be at least part Zetsu physically. If the rest of him was made from Obito, then the Obito persona has been erased and replaced or overwritten with Madara's construct.

Tobi has very vivid memories from Madara. That is why he was sweating profusely when he saw Naruto's face after Naruto freed the Bijuus.

Tobi is not Madara literally, but he is a Construct made partially from Zetsu-like parts, and filled with Madara's memories and Madara's mental energy or Chakra.

If human parts were used, those parts could conceivably be from Obito, or any other Uchiha, who has similar occular powers to Obito

^ I'm not sure about that. There were some instances of something that Tobi should know, yet he didn't. Perhaps he didn't acquire full memories of Madara, or it's just a bluff, a scheme so that others would think he doesn't know.

The most important example is, Itachi's recent flashback, in which Tobi HAD to check the Uchiha Tablet. If he indeed possessed Madara's memory, then he would have seen it already through Sharingan, MS and Rinnegan. There would be no point in going there and risking that someone notice him and someone indeed noticed him. Perhaps it was all a plan to gain Itachi's cooperation, but for now there isn't much evidence to back this possibility. If you think about it, the memories of the tablet, should be one of the most important ones, especially since later on, without Rinnegan that Tobi only recently acquired, he wouldn't be able to fully read the Tablet.

What's more, this page:
    Spoiler!

Suggests that the tablet contains hints to Madara's secretes and history.

Of course, we know that Tobi and Madara know each other, so it's no surprise that Tobi posses memories of about the 1st and know Madara's history.