Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Is it worth reading?

Um, hi. o___o

So. I watched a bit of the anime a long time ago (before it was on Cartoon Network) and kind of liked it, but I was a bit disappointed. After the anime started airing on television here, I decided to watch it out of boredom, and I was still feeling a little let down.

Now, I know from experience how sometimes a manga and its anime counterpart can vary immensely, so I'm wondering, because for some reason I just can't find it in myself to abandon the series altogether, is the manga something I should seriously consider picking up?

Now... I know most of you will be inclined say yes, because this is the Bleach forum, and, duh, that means there's Bleach fans here.

But... I want to know specifically why. From what I've seen, I like the artwork in the manga a bit more, but that's not enough to draw me over. What I'm mainly wondering if there is a significant difference in the plot or anything important like that, and if it's any better than what the anime has to offer.

Thanks.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    I am personally a fan of the manga and by the sounds of it, it seems like your wtching the english dubbed version (so much better watching the japanese version)

In terms of differences the biggest difference is the anime exclusive Bount arc, which went for like 50 eps, besides that the anime has remained just about fully faithful to the manga

I've watched the anime as well and for me they both picked up later on, for the anime I say from ep 30 onwards is a good start, although i do prefer the manga for some reason, i just get a different feel from it.

In the end it depends on\ if you like guys with swords beating up on each other
    Last edited by Archiel; 07-21-2007 at 06:45 AM.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

I watched the english dubbed version and I was let down I did not like it at all. The manga and the japan version of bleach is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiel View Post
    I am personally a fan of the manga and by the sounds of it, it seems like your wtching the english dubbed version (so much better watching the japanese version)

In terms of differences the biggest difference is the anime exclusive Bount arc, which went for like 50 eps, besides that the anime has remained just about fully faithful to the manga

I've watched the anime as well and for me they both picked up later on, for the anime I say from ep 30 onwards is a good start, although i do prefer the manga for some reason, i just get a different feel from it.

In the end it depends on\ if you like guys with swords beating up on each other

So for the most part they mirror each other? Hum.
    Then again, I never got anywhere near episode 30 (sub or dub), so since it does pick up after a bit, then I'll probably give the manga a shot just for the sake of it. I might even try to watch the anime again. xD;;

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by littledomegaara View Post
    I watched the english dubbed version and I was let down I did not like it at all. The manga and the japan version of bleach is much better.
    Mm.

Although I thought the original Japanese version was superior to the dub, I didn't think the dub was really all that bad.

Johnny Young Bosch as Ichigo kind of got on my nerves, though.
    I was never really a big fan of his.

Smile

So far, I've been watching the Japanese and Thai version, I made an attempt to watch the English dubbed of episode 22 and I stop abrubtly after hearing Gin's voice. It's just weird all together. - -''

Anyways, I think the manga is loads better, though they're fighting a lot lately. and if you like Bleach manga, why not try to read Zombie Powder? It's from Tite Kubo, too, but it was cancelled a while back. It's quite good, really, you can find it here>>

http://manga.bleachexile.com/zombie%20powder/0/0/

Manga Bleach is defunitely worth picking up. ^^b

Life is just too short to be picky...

I would recommend the subbed anime over manga at this point if you are smart enough to skip fillers. I would use Lunar for the first 75 eps or so if I remember correctly.
    I am the moonlight walking.

Katana swinging nutcase ChaosRising's Avatar
    Lunar no longer carries it. If you want the pre-DB fansubs you'll have to use a fileshare like limewire. I know limewire sux, but you can find all the Lunar episodes there. Personally I enjoyed the save Rukie arc and most of the fights in Soul Society, especially the fights with Kenpachi and Byakuya. But that's just my opinion, much like a$$holes everyone has one and most everyone thinks any but their own stink. I watch the dubs because there on and I have Tivo and it's worth a laugh to see how the slaughter it. Gin's voice is bad in english, but no worse than Kenpachi's. Either way, the manga has it's high and low points, like everything you just have to take the good with the bad.

http://www.element-zero.com/lab/swf/chaos.html

Come visit Anime Guild for all your Anime needs and enjoy the site. Over 2000 complete and running series available for direct download, always free! Much more to come.

The beginning is kinda boring but once you start into and get into ss than it gets way better

Emperor
    Yeah the beginning is more character development, but go a bit deeper into the story and I gets really good.