Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

One Piece One Piece 486 Discussion and 487 Predictions

Grab the chapter on the homepage and discuss here.

Ace sent to the prison, more about Brooke and Laboon story, Zoro brutally injured after receiving Luffy's pain and fatigue, and Hogback talking about a way to even end the Pirate Era. What do you think the Straw Hats will do? Go back to meet Laboon again? Or continue his adventure waiting for Brooke's return, who goes to meet Laboon?

How odd, it seems people were discussing it in the chapter 485 thread. Oh well.
    From the looks of it, Brooke will join the, or I hope. It seems that Moria will live on, and most likely come back in the future. Though Ace being sent to prison should cause an uproar in the Whitebeard pirates.

Initiate
    Predictions of future:
    1. Mugiwara crew just got two new members: Brook & Perona. Brook can be counted as member now (or at least I count him as one). The crew was wondering where Perona has disappreaded and of course Perona hasn't disappeared, Kuma just used some part of his ability and put her sleep somewhere in the Thousand Sunny where she will wake up and cause huge uproar when the crew meets her.
    This can also lead to Luffy & others to go after Moria to return her, which would be kinda sad cause I personaly liked Perona (that is the reason why I want her to join the crew). In any case the mystery of Perona can't be left mystery, that is just how One Piece has been up to now: everything will be made clear some way or another.
    2. Mugiwaras are going to Impel Down to free Ace! On the way they might meet Whitebeard and that might cause some kind of chaos Whitebeard saying stuff like: "He is part of my crew, were are responsible for him" and then Luffy starting a fight saying that he is going to save his brother no matter what.

Anyway the chapter was good. The things I don't like so far are how Kuma has so much different kind of abilities from his build and/or DF and how Zoro survived from all the pain from Luffy. Even though it might have been kind of shocking if Zoro had died I think he should have died or it shouldn't have happened at all. Of course Zoro being unable to fight for sometime now (I think he won't partcipate in next big fight or he will save the crew from losing just at the last moment of next fight).

Quote Originally Posted by JunioRcmf View Post
    Predictions of future:
    1. Mugiwara crew just got two new members: Brook & Perona. Brook can be counted as member now (or at least I count him as one). The crew was wondering where Perona has disappreaded and of course Perona hasn't disappeared, Kuma just used some part of his ability and put her sleep somewhere in the Thousand Sunny where she will wake up and cause huge uproar when the crew meets her.
    This can also lead to Luffy & others to go after Moria to return her, which would be kinda sad cause I personaly liked Perona (that is the reason why I want her to join the crew). In any case the mystery of Perona can't be left mystery, that is just how One Piece has been up to now: everything will be made clear some way or another.
    2. Mugiwaras are going to Impel Down to free Ace! On the way they might meet Whitebeard and that might cause some kind of chaos Whitebeard saying stuff like: "He is part of my crew, were are responsible for him" and then Luffy starting a fight saying that he is going to save his brother no matter what.

Anyway the chapter was good. The things I don't like so far are how Kuma has so much different kind of abilities from his build and/or DF and how Zoro survived from all the pain from Luffy. Even though it might have been kind of shocking if Zoro had died I think he should have died or it shouldn't have happened at all. Of course Zoro being unable to fight for sometime now (I think he won't partcipate in next big fight or he will save the crew from losing just at the last moment of next fight).
    I like all of your ideas, but I personally don't see Perona joining the crew. I think she might be the subject of one of the cover stories like Enel's Fairy Vearth and Ace's Milk Delivery adventure. Speaking of Ace, him being in prison is lame. Ace is one of my favorite characters. I hope Whitebeard does something to free him from Impel Down.

This was a really good chapter, I for one really enjoy the "after the battle" chapters with everyone partying. Not only that but we learned a few interesting things. My guess is that the Strawhats will go to rescue Ace where they will come across Whitbeard and team-up. As for Brooke i think he will join the crew and he will see Laboon again when the Strawhats make the return trip from the Grandline.

From the looks of how this chapter ended it looks like the next chapter will be a Brooke flashback.
    DO NOT FEED THE BEARS!!!

I hope Brooke joins the crew. Maybe he will because he'll see that they are his best chance to go back to see laboon since Luffy promised laboon that one day he'd come back and fight after he reached one piece.

>.< Yeah, i kinda want whitebeard to go break ace out of impel down. Or maybe shanks and whitebeard will team up to do that.

I think that not only will Brooke join the crew, but he'll get his body back. Oda has purposefully not let us see Brooke's face yet. That means that he wants to save the reveal for some dramatic moment. What better moment than when he recovers his body and the whole crew sees his real face for the first time?

Besides, as cool as having a skeleton in the crew is, he stands out too much. Every time they met anyone new or went to a new island, we'd have to waste time with everyone freaking out over seeing a talking skeleton.

Predictions of future:
    Hogback and Absalom were looking for Perona, not the Strawhats.

Initiate
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsurmon View Post
    I think that not only will Brooke join the crew, but he'll get his body back. Oda has purposefully not let us see Brooke's face yet. That means that he wants to save the reveal for some dramatic moment. What better moment than when he recovers his body and the whole crew sees his real face for the first time?

Besides, as cool as having a skeleton in the crew is, he stands out too much. Every time they met anyone new or went to a new island, we'd have to waste time with everyone freaking out over seeing a talking skeleton.
    Yeah, he really stands out pretty much and it might be pretty bothersome to keep drawing skeleton figure in each new chapter from now on (in Naruto the author mentioned that drawing the goggles, or whatever they were called, on Naruto was very bothersome so in early he decided to change it to the Konoha-band).
    But I would still prefer the skeleton body cause it would bring more uniqueness to the crew and it would be cooler but he really might stand out too much.
    The reason for loss of flesh on Brookes body is because of time (right?) which means that there really shouldn't be any way to recover it. Make the flesh and skin grow back on skeleton? Make some skin for him by mixing ingridients X and Y? Tear some flesh and skin from zombies and glue it to the skeleton?

Quote Originally Posted by 1KSuns View Post
    Hogback and Absalom were looking for Perona, not the Strawhats.
    That is... correct. But I still hope that she will be found from Mugiwaras ship

Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    I like all of your ideas, but I personally don't see Perona joining the crew. I think she might be the subject of one of the cover stories like Enel's Fairy Vearth and Ace's Milk Delivery adventure. Speaking of Ace, him being in prison is lame. Ace is one of my favorite characters. I hope Whitebeard does something to free him from Impel Down.
    That is one possibility (and it has higher chance to become true than joining the crew) but I still want to believe in her joining the crew.

The reason for loss of flesh on Brookes body is because of time (right?) which means that there really shouldn't be any way to recover it. Make the flesh and skin grow back on skeleton? Make some skin for him by mixing ingridients X and Y? Tear some flesh and skin from zombies and glue it to the skeleton?
    Maybe Franky could make some fake skin for him like the kind he uses to cover his right hand.