Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dattebayo Prank

Naruto Dattebayo Prank

Right, just to save people time, my friend tells me that if you try to download the Dattebayo torrent for Naruto Shippuuden 44 (Any torrent from w/e site you got it from, as long as it came from Dattebayo) you get redirected to some obscene site with spam of pop-ups and really disturbing pictures(really disturbing). I did not bother to confirm this, as I did not want to get spammed or see these images. But a second friend confirmed this, so just to let people know, it seems Dattebayo is at it again, also to save you people from falling for it. And it seems when one tries to directly go to their site, you are sent to an old version of the site *not updated since like November or September or something*

I confirm this as well. Do not attempt to download the Naruto torrent. It's digusting

what about directly from dattebayo? bcos i have done it just now with no problems.
    i'm pretty sure they've warned us about hotlinking their torrents. don't see why you guys can't go to straight to the source at dattebayo and download your episodes
    Last edited by thsv; 01-25-2008 at 02:56 AM. Reason: fixed link, i hope...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

I was directly from Dattebayo. But after I visited the site it let me download it.. Could be that it hit a certain time or that it was because I visited.

i think i'm gonna try it curiosity kills me hehe

Spoiler!

Actually I haven't been able to. The link sends me to a a past version of the dattebayo site which only has old torrents. I tried it now, and I still can't.

Quote Originally Posted by jupzter View Post
    i think i'm gonna try it curiosity kills me hehe
    Tread with caution.

The link doesn't even work for me, it just sends me to a blank page.
    This is ridiculous they've done trolls before but I find this offensive and disturbing. I haven't seen what it links you to but by what you're saying I think that they have gone too far. Are they seriously the only source for good anime? They ask us to do things like no hotlinking and not to put their stuff on youtube, but why not when they do shit like this?

The torrent link has most likely been flooded, so it is down for a while. The site itself, yeah i can't even go directly. We should band together and make our own fansub group, and provide competition for Dattebayo. j/p, its really hard to do that, but I guess they have a Naruto monopoly. I guess we'll find out what it is from our scout jupzter.

I wouldn't mind helping, a movie editing program comes with the mac so i can edit out the commercials and clear up the sound files. I know you were kidding but I seriously think that someone should stand up to them. Just remember too, pirates don't play fair only the strongest survive.

Colonel of SOS Brigade Kushieda's Avatar
    Looks like the site is back up, my guess is that they got hacked or maybe just too much traffic.

Index by sangaz - All Hail Suzumiya-dono