Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Its still going on?

i wouldve thought one peice would have ended a while ago its really getting draggged out

Then don't watch/read it... simple solution.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_bushido View Post
    Then don't watch/read it... simple solution.
    Second.

Thirded.

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    Fourthed - nah, doesn't have that ring to it.

Basically, it's an epic - And Oda wants it to become the biggest life story he can make on paper - And he's doing it. VERY well.

i forgot where i read it before, but oda? or someone else said one piece would span over 50 volumes. that time i read that, it was only up to 20+ volumes, and at that time, i thought: wow. but now, 100+ seems pretty ok haha.

Quote Originally Posted by martia View Post
    i forgot where i read it before, but oda? or someone else said one piece would span over 50 volumes. that time i read that, it was only up to 20+ volumes, and at that time, i thought: wow. but now, 100+ seems pretty ok haha.
    When 43X chapter was released, Oda said we we're just in the middle of the story. So we may have another 450 chapters at least (10 more years, wow).

Quote Originally Posted by Cr4zy View Post
    Some people are saying that One Piece isn't good as it was because almost all the secrets are starting to be explained. What a load of crap.

The chapters beetwen Enies Lobby and Thriller Bark were really interesting because of all the secrets reveladed, it's dumb to hate the series because the some secrets started being explained...

But, anyway, we still have an incredibly amount of secrets to explain and fights to take place, so I also think we'll have more 10 years (damn, I'll be so old when the series finish xD).
    Last edited by damnz; 07-23-2007 at 05:50 PM. Reason: doubleposted :P

Quote Originally Posted by damnz View Post
    I also think we'll have more 10 years (damn, I'll be so old when the series finish xD).
    If it takes another 10 years, I'll be 37 when One Piece ends... lol

Fifthed, One PIece doesn't feel dragged out at all, the Grand Line is mapped out. I think Oda said that One Piece is around half way through. Personally I hope One Piece never finishes, until my death bed when I read the last chapter lol.

Top 5 manga: 1.One Piece, 2.Reborn, 3.D. Gray-man, 4.Fairy Tail, 5.BLEACH

The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathscythe View Post
    i wouldve thought one peice would have ended a while ago its really getting draggged out
    Shonen series's can easily never be ended, especially with the overall plot of One Piece and Naruto. Luffy just wants to get the dragon ball, I mean Shikon Jewel, no sorry I meant One Piece. Does anyone see my point here? Shonen series's are always about trying to do something or get something that seems impossible so that the reader can be inspired to have faith in themselves. Oda could make the "New World" of the Grand Line last for another ten years just because he could, which would drag the series out to something that is pathetic and lifeless to read, like Inuyasha.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmonkey View Post
    Fifthed, One PIece doesn't feel dragged out at all, the Grand Line is mapped out. I think Oda said that One Piece is around half way through. Personally I hope One Piece never finishes, until my death bed when I read the last chapter lol.
    Right, you're the type of manga fan I hate to read comments from. Everything ends, to say that you wish for a man to keep producing a story until "you're" dead is something a spoiled child would say to their parent to get more candy. See if Oda does anything, it would be what Toriyama did with Dr. Slump. One Piece is just a stepping series for his next work. Which Oda has said in an interview that he would like to work on his next series in the next few years. Some of it has already been included in One Piece because Oda explained how he likes the idea of robots and cyber punkism.
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

Nintendo Wii Friend's number