Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (DS)

Uhhh, so I just got this game and I've been playing it nonstop. The series has finally picked up wi-fi! I believe there's voice chat and team battles as well, so I'm trying to get 3 more friends to go and get it right now so we can just brawl out like crazy. I've confirmed 1 person of getting it, so yeaah..

If anyone else has this game, I wouldn't mind playing you. My voice chat will most likely be turned off though, just because I'd rather not make relations with anyone online. I haven't gone wi-fi yet, and I'm kinda holding off on it because I'm not that great yet, but if you wanna be my first, then give it a shot!

As for the background of the game...it's a tactical-based strategy game, and it can be really addicting to newcomers.

Product Desc: Meteor storms, earthquakes and tidal waves devastate the Earth, causing 90 percent of the world's population to perish. The sky has been blocked out by ash, yielding little sunlight. In a world ravaged by a domino effect of catastrophic events, those lucky enough to survive are divided into warring factions fighting to drive the direction of a new civilization.

Got this on monday or something. Haven't played it all that much, gotten to chapter 13 or something in the campaign. I've cleared all the previous three games, but I'd say this is the best one this far. Though I kinda miss CO powers. Only CO powers though, no super or dual CO powers. =/ Guess I'll play some when my schedule allows it. ._.

Damn the two of you! the uk release is tomorrow. i can't wait
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

I don't miss CO powers, I thought they were way too cheap. My friend code is

412 441 176 611

Everyone else post your friend codes here too! If we do a 4-way MS game, lets turn voice chat on.

I heard Tabitha's co-power is pretty cheap though

but yeah, I'm stuck on this one part called The Great Owl, where a dumbass plane bombs the hell out of you.

I know you're supposed to go southeast and grab that factory, but by the time I reach that spot my troops get all jacked up and finally annihilated by his amassed troups of cheap location. Any tips? I've tried the strategy it's given me but it just doesn't work out.
    edit: Okay I've beaten it, so nevermind...took me about 5 tries though

As for Sushi's suggestion, I wouldn't mind but we need 2 more players
    Last edited by Syaozen; 01-27-2008 at 11:27 AM.

Got my copy earlier than i'd originally planned. Its a change not having CO powers to fall back on, but i'm getting there. I love the fact that battleships can now fire after they've moved
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.

I'm currently on the last battle, which I don't want to finish yet since I know it's gonna be one hell of a battle...(Gotten S ranks on all of my battles)

but who here LOVES anti-tanks?!

Gawd, they're like the best investment that you can possibly have. They completely blow away artillery's position.

And yeah, battleships are <3333. But so are submarines! They're like wtfpwnninja'ed!

so is it all new COs now or r some old ones bak? and also do u know if the old ds works with wifi or not?

All new COs. The old ds does work with wifi. You need a wireless router or the nintendo wifi usb connector.

edit: Syao whats your friend code? We can get Heihouka in on it, and probably thsv if he has wifi. Hei is lazy though.

Screw you sushi!

I've got the wifi connector, but its difficult for me to go online with it because it seems to require its own ip address and my isp is a bit tight when it comes to providing ip's. Plus all the free hotspots i used to go to have sudden become pay and surf. But i will get it sorted out