Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by AznDevil View Post
    If Ace was Shanks son and Shank is also one of the 4 emperors why on earth would Ace support Whitebeard over his own supposed father.
    May be he didn't realized that fact....even luffy didn't realized that he has a father before.....
    Noroi

If Ace was Shanks son and Shank is also one of the 4 emperors why on earth would Ace support Whitebeard over his own supposed father. Therefore I believe your speculation is wrong. Also Ace is considered to be extremely strong perhaps not quite as strong as Blackbeard but I'm pretty sure if he was losing he would be able to get away.
    Ace looks up to Whitebeard, like Luffy looks up to Shanks (and possibly Gol). Ace himself said that he wants to make Whitebeard the Pirate King, since he idolizes the man. Also, no kid wants to work for their father... if Ace was under Shanks' command, the other crew members might get jealous due to favoritism, etc. I feel Ace has a strong enough will that he wanted to go out on his own & make a name for himself, independent of his father.

Also, did you not read the entire Blackbeard/Ace fight? Obviously, Ace didn't get away... his freakin' hat was on the ground. And the foreshadowing message about it being "the trigger" for a major event yet to come... he's either captured alive by Blackbeard or dead.

@Rashou: Thanks, I try. ^_^
    Last edited by mr_bushido; 07-23-2007 at 10:24 AM.

The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_bushido View Post
    ML2 says = Read Mr. Bushido's previous two comments since I'm not quoting all the information he originally typed.
    I agree with you 110% Mr. Bushido. Ace and Shanks are father and son, the evidence that you talked about is exactly what was in my mind as well after reading chapter 343.

Many things that have not been answered, would make sense if Ace was Shank's son. Like how Luffy was around 5 - 8 when Shanks visited Luffy's port village. Didn't Shank's himself say that this wasn't the first time that they had stopped by? Where was Ace at during this time? It would make sense if Shank's left Ace there to grow up with a close friend of Shanks. The village leader would have taken care of him just like he did Luffy.

See we see have a weird understandment about One Piece. Now I wonder if you agree with my theory on how Nami is actually from the Grand Line originally and her home island is located in the New World. Since Oda never revealed where Bellemere found her adopted daughters at. The reason I strongly believe in my theory is because I bet Oda will use that plot idea of Nami's true origins to further her character or make a small Thriller Back like arc with it. To expand Nami's fighting ability maybe as well.
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

Nintendo Wii Friend's number

I would like to see the remaining Shichibukai taken down not only by other members of the Three Great Powers, but by other regular pirates as well. Having the Strawhat Pirates being the only promising, up-and-coming pirate crew out there, besides the Blackbeard Pirates, capable of taking down a Shichibukai doesn't really fly for me.
    As for the "Ace is Shanks' son" theory, it sounds pretty interesting. Just because Ace works under Whitebeard instead of Shanks doesn't really hold as a reason against this. Luffy didn't even know his father until Garp told him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Lion_Link View Post
    See we see have a weird understandment about One Piece. Now I wonder if you agree with my theory on how Nami is actually from the Grand Line originally and her home island is located in the New World. Since Oda never revealed where Bellemere found her adopted daughters at. The reason I strongly believe in my theory is because I bet Oda will use that plot idea of Nami's true origins to further her character or make a small Thriller Back like arc with it. To expand Nami's fighting ability maybe as well.
    You know, I've wondered about Nami & Nojiko's birthplace before, but since there's no evidence at all, I can't really make a sound theory. It's most likely in the Grand Line, though.

Do you really think Oda would really place all the fights with the Shichibukai not to mention the other 2 Yonkou as well as the group Smoker is forming to take down the Stawhats? It seems kind of a long series then. But honestly I wouldn't mind.

I very much doubt all the Shichibukai are going to be taken down by Straw Hats. Shichibukai got enemies of their own, the Yonkou and the Revolutionary. The Navy is more or less the Shichibukai's ally, but barely. The Shichibukai is an organization in title only, there is no guarantee one Shichibukai wouldn't fight against another if it's in their self interest.

I'll predict away a bit... let's see...

- Mihawk HAVE TO be beaten by Zoro (who doubts that?).
    - Doflamingo doesn't look like fighting with Straw Hats, I suppose Shanks and his crew will beat him because of Doflamingo's idea of a new era.
    - Kuma will die in a fight with other great people like Dragon, BB, WB... in a short encounter (I doubt Oda will tell much information about this Shichibukai.. atm he didn't grab my attention).
    - Moria will be beaten by Straw Hats, of course.
    - Jinbei will fight with Straw Hats but he won't end dead, somebody like Garp, Smoker or another villain that could help a bit the SH will end killing or arresting him because Jinbei will surely have dark plans :p.

That's it. The other last Shichibukai won't die, he'll survive until the manga ends.

(PS: And Crocodile won't be revived)

I think all of the Shichibukai will go down by the hands of the Strawhats. Here's my predictions...

Donflamingo: Robin
    Kuma: Franky
    Mihawk: Zoro
    Jimbei: Luffy

as for the last one, I'm not sure. He hasn't been revealed yet, so I'll make my prediction when he does reveal himself. ;P

If Ace was Shanks son and Shank is also one of the 4 emperors why on earth would Ace support Whitebeard over his own supposed father. Therefore I believe your speculation is wrong. Also Ace is considered to be extremely strong perhaps not quite as strong as Blackbeard but I'm pretty sure if he was losing he would be able to get away.
    To make the obvious statement, how do you know whether or not Ace knows who his father is? Does Luffy know Dragon is his father?

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood