Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Sanji + Luffy = Sanjuffy trebay57's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_bushido View Post
    No, Oda said that no one dies IN THE PRESENT, in One Piece. Bellemere, Saulo, Kuina... they all died in flashbacks. And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Blackbeard/Ace fight happen IN A FLASHBACK?
    Neh, it was like only like 3 days ago... or was it a week ago? I forget. If Ace died, I wouldn't be suprised about it. Blackbeard killed the 4th Division Captain in Whitebeard's army, so killing Ace would just show that he killed another one, proving his power.
    Excuse me, may I see yo panties?

The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trebay57 View Post
    Neh, it was like only like 3 days ago... or was it a week ago? I forget. If Ace died, I wouldn't be suprised about it. Blackbeard killed the 4th Division Captain in Whitebeard's army, so killing Ace would just show that he killed another one, proving his power.
    Eh, if Blackbeard was smart, he would have taken Ace to the World Government as a present so the World Government could then make Blackbeard into a Shichibukai.

Of course all the wanted posters from One Piece that have been shown have the classic, "dead or alive" slogan. So it honestly doesn't matter what happened to Ace as Oda foreshadowed that the battle between Ace and Blackbeard was in fact the "trigger" to a large event that was going to happen. So Ace was just a small character used to later develop another character, like Luffy fighting Blackbeard over the death of his brother.
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

Nintendo Wii Friend's number

Sanji + Luffy = Sanjuffy trebay57's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Lion_Link View Post
    Eh, if Blackbeard was smart, he would have taken Ace to the World Government as a present so the World Government could then make Blackbeard into a Shichibukai.

Of course all the wanted posters from One Piece that have been shown have the classic, "dead or alive" slogan. So it honestly doesn't matter what happened to Ace as Oda foreshadowed that the battle between Ace and Blackbeard was in fact the "trigger" to a large event that was going to happen. So Ace was just a small character used to later develop another character, like Luffy fighting Blackbeard over the death of his brother.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about Blackbeard wanting to be a Shichibukai. What you said makes more sense, about him taking Ace to the world government.

I mean even Shanks, one of the four emporers, had to go to Whitebeard personally just to tell him of his concern of Ace pursuing Blackbeard. I'm pretty sure Blackbeard shows no restraint to anybody who gets in his way, which is why I think either Ace is dead or on the verge of dying.
    Excuse me, may I see yo panties?

like Luffy fighting Blackbeard over the death of his brother.
    Not only Luffy will be fighting Blackbeard... Whitebeard will try to avenge Ace, as well as Shanks. You know damn well Shanks will want to get revenge if Blackbeard kills his son... oops, my theory has leaked.

Quote Originally Posted by FrZerry View Post
    No-one dies at One Piece, Oda's said that himself.
    He never said that! I have read all the SBS questions. There are death everywhere in One Piece. The only thing that's pissing people off is due to that Villains rarely die. All Straw Hats' pasts involve some sort of death. Luffy's past is the only past that doesn't involve a loved one dying.

Now, regarding the defeat of the remaining Shichibukai. There are 7 members in total. 8 if you count BlackBeard. So far Straw Hats have made three direct encounters with 3 members of Shichibukai, plus Blackbeard in One Piece's 10 years run. Defeated one Shichibukai, currently confronting one Shichibukai, got owned by another Shichibukai. Shichibukai is regarded as one of the three world's greatest military powers. Their involvement in the world's affair is great. I have a feeling that the remaining Shichibukai will be defeated by other members of the three great military powers, plus the Revolutionary. Don't you get bored once a pattern forms? It would be boring if all the Shichibukai will eventually be defeated by Straw Hats. I am certain that other forces will become involved and defeat the remaining members.

Mihawk is, of course, Zoro's prey. Donflamingo and Jimbei have a high chance of confronting the Straw Hats in the future. Regarding the remaining members, it's everybody's guess. I am betting on the interference of another force.

I know one thing Zorro is going to drop Mihawk.

The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    You know damn well Shanks will want to get revenge if Blackbeard kills his son... oops, my theory has leaked.
    You thought that as well after reading chapter 434?
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

Nintendo Wii Friend's number

You thought that as well after reading chapter 434?
    Okay, so you & I are on the same page about this... excellent. For everyone else, I should explain my theory of why I think Ace is Shanks' son.

First off, we all know Ace isn't Luffy's real brother, as he has the Portgas family name. Now whether he's Luffy's half brother or not remains to be seen, but my guess is he's not. I believe they were raised together "like brothers", since Luffy was always around Shanks.

Secondly, why would Shanks singlehandedly take on the World's Strongest Man, Whitebeard, just to tell him to stop one of Whitebeard's crewmen... the answer is he wouldn't unless he is related to Shanks. I believe Shanks is worried for his son's life, since Blackbeard was powerful enough to leave a brutal scar on Shanks' face. I don't see Shanks getting that worked up over some guy he's not related to.

Third, Ace has freckles, which are a recessive trait of red heads. And since Luffy has no freckles, this leads me to believe that Ace & Luffy are not related at all. So how did Ace get the freckles? Simple... the recessive gene was passed down from his father, Shanks.

Fourthly, Portgas D. Shanks sounds badass... and you know he has to be a D. Shanks is too much of a badass to NOT be a D.

And finally, I bring visual aid as evidence...

Spoiler!

...and there you have it, folks.

*Keep in mind that this theory is PURELY speculation, since Oda has not revealed anything yet. But to me, it makes perfect sense.*
    Last edited by mr_bushido; 07-23-2007 at 06:25 AM.

Emperor
    Okay, so you & I are on the same page about this... excellent. For everyone else, I should explain my theory of why I think Ace is Shanks' son.

First off, we all know Ace isn't Luffy's real brother, as he has the Portgas family name. Now whether he's Luffy's half brother or not remains to be seen, but my guess is he's not. I believe they were raised together "like brothers", since Luffy was always around Shanks.

Secondly, why would Shanks singlehandedly take on the World's Strongest Man, Whitebeard, just to tell him to stop one of Whitebeard's crewmen... the answer is he wouldn't unless he is related to Shanks. I believe Shanks is worried for his son's life, since Blackbeard was powerful enough to leave a brutal scar on Shanks' face. I don't see Shanks getting that worked up over some guy he's not related to.

Third, Ace has freckles, which are a recessive trait of red heads. And since Luffy has no freckles, this leads me to believe that Ace & Luffy are not related at all. So how did Ace get the freckles? Simple... the recessive gene was passed down from his father, Shanks.

Fourthly, Portgas D. Shanks sounds badass... and you know he has to be a D. Shanks is too much of a badass to NOT be a D.

And finally, I bring visual aid as evidence...

Spoiler!

...and there you have it, folks.

*Keep in mind that this theory is PURELY speculation, since Oda has not revealed anything yet. But to me, it makes perfect sense.*
    If Ace was Shanks son and Shank is also one of the 4 emperors why on earth would Ace support Whitebeard over his own supposed father. Therefore I believe your speculation is wrong. Also Ace is considered to be extremely strong perhaps not quite as strong as Blackbeard but I'm pretty sure if he was losing he would be able to get away.

Whoa, that theory is BRILLIANT. I don't believe I never noticed it before! I'm not sure on Ace and Luffy not being related at all (would Garp house another pirate's son for years just out of the kindness of his heart? And such a pirate as Shanks?) But given everything it makes a lot of sense. Portgas D. Shanks.... It does have a ring to it! I give you props, Mr_Bushido, Major props indeed!