Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

666 Satan Why I hate the Sharingan

At the risk of being banned off this forum:

I am sick of it! At the very beginning of the Manga, the Sharingan was a useful technique. Being able to follow someone's movements and jutsus might come in handy. Being able to copy it the very second I learned it. Okay. But, the Sharingan itself wasn't so perfect you can't overcome it. We have seen several Shinobi (A, Bee, Naruto in SSJ4, probably Minato) who were fast enough so that the Sharingan couldn't follow. It seemed to be on equal footing with the Byakugan. It is safe to assume that the Byakugan is equally suited to see through a Genjutsu, and the Byakugan was better as well as worse than the Sharingan - depending on how you look at it. We were happy, Kishi was happy.

Then, however, we had to learn that there is the Mangekyou Sharingan. A sh**-f*ck*** (nice and shining) Doujutsu that renders the opponent's eyes even more useless than they already are against the standard Sharingan. But okay, it was still possible to avoid the technique, and Genjutsus must be avoided anyway, or you are virtually screwed - which, by the way, surprisingly rarely happened. So, okay, there is Tsukyomi, a technique that consumes tons of chakra.

Having bought this we had to learn that there is a second - supposedly chakra-consuming - Mangekyou-technique - Amaterasu - a fire technique hot/strong/"I don't really care what" enough to overcome even other fire techniques. The only way you can avoid this is by sealing it if you are a Sannin (Jiraiya), by using Shinra Tensei (Nagato), being the fastest Shinobi available (A) or whatever. But okay, Sasuke managed to come up with a strategy to counter it.

As if it weren't enough, there is Susano'o, which can tank any - absolutely any - technique. No matter how fast or strong it is. And when you think it's over, and think that there are still ways so overcome this absolute - as usual extremely chakra-consuming - defense (as Gaara showed), there comes Madara with his extremely powerful - thus chakra-consuming - perfect susano'o.

Meanwhile, the Byakugan-user looks rather petty with his ability to see chakra and every detail within a 100 yards. Susano'o is big enough, you won't need it.

But then you think: OK, it could be worse. They are human, after all, so once you kill them, they die. NO, THEY DON'T!!! Because, well, yes, there is, exceptionally, this tiny little secret eye technique that helps you turn reality into an illusion. But hey, at least there is a catch: you lose your eye sight, so you just have to kill Tobi about 100 times until he runs out of Sharingans.

And, of course, there is Izanami, this tiny little secret eye technique - as all Sharingan-techniques seem to be secret - that helps you counter Izanami. The only downfall here is, beside the fact that - again - you turn blind, you need a doctor in Sharingan-science and Uchiha-ancient-history to be able to understand how that techniques actually works.

Hearing all this, the Byakugan-user starts crying and wonders how he could even learn to stand erect.

And that's not all: It's not just that you can only fight a Mangeykou-Sharingan-user if you find a way to fight an absolute defense, the best Genjutsu, the strongest fire-technique, Izanagi and Izanami - techniques that are all, of course, so extremely chakra-consuming that they use them every ten minutes.

There is also the fact that it is possible to evolve the d*** sharingan into the next level: Rinnegan! And that gives you access to all Rinnegan-techniques.

In the meantime, the Byakugan-user seriously considers to work as a caretaker.

I know that Kishi loves the Sharingan, but I am sick of it. I really do hope that we already know all techniques. Yet I know that we don't, because Itachi already revealed that once you have the EMS, there comes a - guess what - new, secret (and probably extremely chakra-consuming) technique nobody knows.

I hate the Sharingan.

P.S.: By the way, I forgot Kakashi's Kamui.

Nobody is gonna ban you for this at Mangashare.

Kishimoto probably changed many things along the way, and what we've got is what he decided to do. However, the Sharingan is balanced out by Hashirama's DNA, only that his (SENJU) blood has thinned out, was not protected by inbreeding, and as a result even his children did not possess his HAXED attributes.

I have One question for you though. Since we are all beholden to Kishimoto, and no one has the power to change what he's done to the Sharingan, what then do you expect to gain from this thread?

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Solidarity and understanding from me Jr gained. But it must be pointed out, not all Sharingan users reach the point of even second or third tomoe. Mangekyo level and beyond was extreme power few uchiha could reach. Its a shame we know so little about senju's I
    Inheritance of powers and techniques from the so6p bloodline. We know a bit about hashirama but so little about the powers of senju that put them as equal footed rivals against the uchiha for generations. We know more about Uzimaki :/

We get much time spent with the rare and elitest of sharingan users that its easy to forget that it does not reflect the abilities and lackluster power of sharingan by typical uchiha ninja pre massacre.

Don't also forget bloodline expansion. Power as rare and formidable as MS/EMS and here we see it posing a threat to the absolute strongest Sharingan. You don't lose a finger or kneecap executing dust techniques.

I didn't read the thread, but judging by the title, I'm gonna assume you're stating the obvious. The same reasons any person, in the Narutoverse and in our real world, would hate the Sharingan. Well, unless you happen to be a Sharingan user yourself, that is hehe.

Does anyone else remember when they talked up the Byakugan and said that the Sharingan actually came from it?

http://178.21.19.200/manga/mangas/Na...uto-9-6-13.jpg

LOLZ
    My name is Corey and I am an asshole. I get excessively drunk at inappropriate times, disregard social norms, indulge in every whim, ignore the consequences of my actions, mock idiots and posers, sleep with random women, and just generally act like a raging dick head. I contribute to society in no way what so ever

Proud fan of the Oujou White Knights!

Quote Originally Posted by Greed-sama View Post
    Does anyone else remember when they talked up the Byakugan and said that the Sharingan actually came from it?

http://178.21.19.200/manga/mangas/Na...uto-9-6-13.jpg

LOLZ
    Key words there are "It was said". So it's only speculation in the Narutoverse that the Sharingan may have descended from the Byakugan. It is not the absolute, indisputable truth. And given what we've seen so far, it would seem that they have no connection to each other.

Well, there are 3 legendary eye techniques: Byakugan, Sharingan and Rinnegan, but there are more, less known... perhaps MS and EMS could be considered one of those, since they are some diversification/evolution of their base form (especially since Rinnegan is the final or one of the next steps of Sharingan, yet it is written as a separate doujutsu).

The Rinnegan was supposed to be hax form the very beginning and thus the Sharingan, would have to be haxer with each step, to finally reach the hax form of Rinnegan.

Byakugan is mentioned for the sole purpose of showing the possibility of eyes diversifying and specializing in certain aspects of their own. As Kakashi mentioned, it's ability of insight, surpasses that of Sharingan, on the other hand, Sharingan's ability/power of destructive surpasses that of Byakugan.

Naruto's Eyes of the True Sage, could be considered a doujutsu as well, since it allows you to see nature energy, something that can't be normally seen by humans (ok, I'm not so sure about this ;P).

I think that we should speak about something different, rather than just a Sharingan, the whole Konoha is a village filthy rich with hax jutsu, abilities and bloodlines. Members (current or ex) of this village showcased the 3 legendary eye techniques: Byakugan (Hyuga), Sharingan (Uchiha), Rinnegan (Tobi and Madara). What's more the other part of Sage's bloodline the Senju, lived there as well, one of them even was dubbed as the strongest ninja of his time, he could even control the bijuu. What's more another of them created a jutsu that could bring back legendary fighters from the dead. Not to mention all other of those bug, shadow, fatso's clans.

They could have easily conquered the whole world, If Konoha wasn't so peace loving.

You got caught in my trap In your head!!!'s Avatar
    thats the way a manga works man every main char gets hax someday lol

The Sharingan (and the Uchiha / Elder Brother Lineage) represent knowledge and understanding of Jutsu. The eyes provide these techniques because they are a tool that allows advanced levels of perception and channel the Uchiha's high-level Spiritual Energies. Sharingan abilities all revolve around Yin techniques, including Genjutsu, Space/Time, and basic manipulation of chakra form. For instance, Amaterasu takes the Uchiha's signature fire nature, packs additional Spiritual Energy into it via Mangekyou, and then uses the Sharingan's space/time abilities to summon the flames to a specific location.

It's only natural that, with such a tool, the Uchiha/Sharingan Users are "Gods" of Jutsu in the ninja world. They inherited the intellect and ability of the Rikudou Sennin, and learning Jutsu is as easy for them as breathing. To me, the hard part isn't accepting the seemingly endless powers of the Sharingan (because the whole point is that it enables the user to acquire as many powers as they want), but rather that the other half of the Sage's lineage, the Bodily powers, aren't nearly as hyped. Sure there's Hashirama with his Mokuton, or the Uzumaki with their healing powers, but those are more isolated examples. It seems that the Senju are only on par with the Uchiha if they become either a Sage, a Jinchuuriki, or both, thus taking advantage of their uniquely powerful Physical traits (or are Hashirama, who seems more powerful than a Sage on his own, and had a powerful bloodline trait that still needs to be explained). Sage Mode = Mangekyou Body, Jinchuuriki = Rinnegan body; both still require the user to learn their own Jutsu, aside from Bijuudama.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    The Sharingan (and the Uchiha / Elder Brother Lineage) represent knowledge and understanding of Jutsu. The eyes provide these techniques because they are a tool that allows advanced levels of perception and channel the Uchiha's high-level Spiritual Energies. Sharingan abilities all revolve around Yin techniques, including Genjutsu, Space/Time, and basic manipulation of chakra form. For instance, Amaterasu takes the Uchiha's signature fire nature, packs additional Spiritual Energy into it via Mangekyou, and then uses the Sharingan's space/time abilities to summon the flames to a specific location.

It's only natural that, with such a tool, the Uchiha/Sharingan Users are "Gods" of Jutsu in the ninja world. They inherited the intellect and ability of the Rikudou Sennin, and learning Jutsu is as easy for them as breathing. To me, the hard part isn't accepting the seemingly endless powers of the Sharingan (because the whole point is that it enables the user to acquire as many powers as they want), but rather that the other half of the Sage's lineage, the Bodily powers, aren't nearly as hyped. Sure there's Hashirama with his Mokuton, or the Uzumaki with their healing powers, but those are more isolated examples. It seems that the Senju are only on par with the Uchiha if they become either a Sage, a Jinchuuriki, or both, thus taking advantage of their uniquely powerful Physical traits (or are Hashirama, who seems more powerful than a Sage on his own, and had a powerful bloodline trait that still needs to be explained). Sage Mode = Mangekyou Body, Jinchuuriki = Rinnegan body; both still require the user to learn their own Jutsu, aside from Bijuudama.
    I am totally in accord with your views. The Obvious answer is that the Senju who in accordance with the Younger son's philosophy of peace and equality, have diluted their blood line over the centuries by being less elitist in who they marry. This philosphy has gainned them peaceful co-existence at the expense of their physical powers.

Now onto Our Boy Naruto. Maybe, just perhaps there is a way for latent Senju abilities to appear during or as a response to extreme duress endured in a noble, selfless effort. This theme has been prevalent in shonen Manga, an example being Son Goku acquiring Super Saiyen powers during his fight with freezer. It would not be too out of line for Kishi to introduce a similar awakening in Naruto, who through Minato just happens to bear aremarkable semblance to the SO6P. It is interesting that the semblance with the SO6P is enhanced when Naruto Gained the Yang of the 9Tails. It certainly would be nice if Naruto awakens some latent Senju ability through or during his upcoming battle with Sasuke.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !