Thread: The Square Jump

The Square Jump

Quick question, what's up with a monthly Shonen like Claymore? Do they have more pages when it is released or is it just standard shonen released once a month? Is it similiar to like naruto being released every month or do they issue a lot more pages to make up for it?

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    I think it depends on the mangaka. Generally, monthly mangas have more pages, and the best example is Full Metal Alchemist (about 40 pages). The number of pages remain standard. They're different from the weekly releases, that have 16 or 18 pages in comparison to 20 or more (eg. Claymore).

Hope this answers the question. ^_^ It's based on my observations.
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

thanks, I hope claymore issue's a lot of pages, Just finished the anime, loved it except the ending, i read they deviated from the manga starting on ep 24, so now im just gonna read the manga, i was happy to hear it's still continuing, Looking forward to the next release!

Btw Why do they have a monthly one? wouldn't it be better if it was once every 2 weeks or something, a month is too long

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    I know what you mean.

What normally happens is that the anime is not able to keep up with the manga, so the series deviate from the general plot and makes it's own ending. THe best example is Full Metal which is soooooo different from the manga. I didn't know that Claymore had ended but I'm not at all surprised.

As to why they have a monthly one. I guess they couldn't get a slot in weekly shonen jump or they're busy working as a secretary/accountant/whatever somewhere else and have no time. LOL...I honestly have no idea.
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

Edit: The monthly installment of the Shonen Jump is called the Jump Square (i'll rename the thread)