Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Paragon of Style MinatoCollectionAT's Avatar
    Sasuke is a mid to close range fighter, not a mid longe range. His chidori has a limit to how far it would extend and his genjutsu is moderate from what he's shown thus far at best.

Neji is an interesting matchup for Sasuke. Sasuke would be able to use the Sharingan to mimic taijutsu manuevers and has the speed to keep up with Neji, but his Sharingan won't let him see the chakra points like the Byakugan would. Also, post time skip Neji is also a mid to close range fighter.

And I know Lee wanted to use Primary Lotus to defeat Neji, but he was never afforded that opportunity. But if I'm not mistaken, he did get to use a variation to defeat a certain Uchiha.

Genjutsu always seems to be the "end all" in most one on one discussions, but it is my belief that the Byakugan's perception of peering through genjutsu truimphs the Sharingans or, at the very least, is on equal footing. Chiyo saying what she said about fighting a Sharingan user would apply to those without amazing perception, which is what is required to see through genjutsu. After all, Deidara trained his normal eye to see through genjutsu.

Sasuke fended off Team 7, but...not really. Yamato wasn't trying to hurt him, Naruto was operating at a fraction of himself after going four tails, Sakura isn't going to try to hurt Sasuke...she's like some of his fans here turned up about 13 or 14 notches (and she's slow. What has she hit that wasn't a puppet or Sai standing still?), and the jury is still out on if Sai is useful or useless. Getting shocked and falling over didn't help his cause. So Sasuke beats up Sai, Yamato is about to get serious and...Oro comes in with the "let's get outta here". Sasuke did beat Deidara soundly which raised Deidara's coolness moreso than Sasuke's. That's probably because the "elemental" advantage was Sasuke's saving grace, and a lot of people thought that wasn't the best way to give Sasuke a win.

They're both pretty fierce. Sasuke has all his "power-ups" and Neji has his Hyuga training, but we haven't seen just what Neji is capable of. He fought himself off panel in the manga and that's it. But from what I know about him post time skip, he would have been able to defeat Hidan by himself and would have been a dangerous matchup for Deidara. Not sure about Kakuzu and I haven't seen anyone outside of Akatsuki that could have taken Sasori one on one.

But I'd say that Neji would beat Sasuke. Disrupt chakra flow = no curse seal use and limited if any jutsu use. Neji need only lightly tap Sasuke.

Sasuke's taijutsu? Won't work against Neji.
    Sasuke's genjutsu? I don't think will work against Neji.
    Sasuke's ninjutsu? Potentially, but not if Neji lands anything remotely near a shot.

And he would.

Ciao!
    We talkin' bout Flea Market!-

"Living room, bedroom, dinette, we got it, you need it!"

"Can you defeat such style?"
    http://minato-at.mybrute.com

Sasuke at this point is Kage/Sanin level. Not the same can be said for Neji.

Sasuke took out a weakened Orochimaru, killed Deidara, and is going toe to toe with Itachi. Sorry, Neji can't win.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

I think Neji is the bomb-digidy so im gonna say him but also im going to ask this:

When you become a Jounin it is common that you are able to use at least 2 different kinds of chakra natures, and the Hyuuga are pretty much the masters of chakra manipulation so having Neji who is already a genius and having him be able to manipulate chakra on a level way above everyone else AND THEN throw in 2+ chakra natures, I think Neji would be a beast. Imagine if his Kaiten was fire chakra or earth chakra or something, or if his tenketsu hits had wind nautre in them as well, he would slice you up before you even knew it (it'd be like a personal finger fuuton rasengan). With his 360 field of vision and his crazy distance viewing and ability to see through things, he would definately see Sasuke anywhere he would hide, and no matter how fast Sasuke was Neji's 360 vision would be able to catch him sneaking up behind him, now we would just have to see if Neji was fast enough to keep up with Sasuke.
    A pie in the sky?

saskue is nowhere near fourth or third hokage status. he took out orochimaru when he was in his world , he killed deidara who teschnically blew herself up and whats this equal toe with itachi he has seen through itachi's genjutsus so whatthe battle hasnt fully began yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Neji da REAL SHOTTA View Post
    saskue is nowhere near fourth or third hokage status. he took out orochimaru when he was in his world , he killed deidara who teschnically blew herself up and whats this equal toe with itachi he has seen through itachi's genjutsus so whatthe battle hasnt fully began yet.

Don't go acting like you have insight into peoples levels when you weren't even aware that Diedara wasn't a girl.

i knew dat nigga was a boy but damn i got so use to jus reading its harder to jus read until you hear a he or she or him than actually hearing a voice. you have to admit that HE( happy?) looks like a girl.

Also I don't believe that Neji is anywhere near Sasukes level. I beleive Sasuke at this point can fight on par with Kakashi. In fact, i believe Sasuke would win in a fight against Kakashi.
    No I do not believe Neji would defeat Kakashi in a fight. Therefor In my opinion Sasuke would destroy Neji. Actually I think he would destroy Neji's entire team, minus Gai, together.

do tell how this annihilation of neji would occur?

I thought Lee said Sasuke's speed was on par with Lee's when he had his weights off not when he opened the gates. Pretty sure thats what he said, but as always I could be wrong, i've done enough manga searching trying to fight with iron in that other thread . But here goes take a look Gai says it himself, i then checked on later to make sure it wasn't upped to a higher level...didn't look like it, CH. 112 page 4. It would be unreasonable for Sasuke to have Lee's opened gate speed, he would have dominated Gaara.

Now onto the actual fight between Neji and Sasuke... its hard to tell i like Neji more so im a bit biased but it would be a great fight regardless. By now his chakra rotation has expanded in size like the main clan hyuuga head guy his was enormous, although im not sure if this was in the manga I saw it in the Anime and i tried to look for it but good god is it tedious using an online reader >.< so if you can find it or can't let us know, so we shouldn't just count Neji out just cause he doesn't get as much air time as Sasuke.

i jus dont think saskue has the grapes( nah but i a am a fan of saskue i just prefer Neji more and can see him winning)