Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    I think Sasuke, since it was mentioned before that Neji is a close ranged fighter. If he ever were to get close enough, Sasuke would use his Chidori field to stop him, though it would be a fun fight to watch. I know it isn't that simple, but anything I say would be just repeating what everyone else said.

lets review what you said iron maiden well it is true saskue is a mid and lonrange fighter which is bad news for my favorite byakugan user and has an extensive arsenal of ninjutsus and genjutsus. that cant be denied.
    but Neji's analytical skills are also quite developed. he is called the genius of the hyuuga clan. also called the most outstanding genin in this generation. we have not seen the speed of Neji but from what we can see Gai was pretty big on taijutsu training and being a Taijutsu user himself Neji has to be very fast. Neji's chakra rotation would block saskue's long range jutsu even the chidori sword becuase its made of chakra and the rotation repels chakra. Sakue could keep running but he would not be able to hit neji and who knows if genjutsu( more specifically doujutsu) works on byakugan users
    Neji admits that saskue is a formidable foe but that in no way shows he concedes to him. Neji respects saskue's power after the time skip not fears him.

Quote Originally Posted by Neji da REAL SHOTTA View Post
    lets review what you said iron maiden well it is true saskue is a mid and lonrange fighter which is bad news for my favorite byakugan user and has an extensive arsenal of ninjutsus and genjutsus. that cant be denied.
    but Neji's analytical skills are also quite developed. he is called the genius of the hyuuga clan. also called the most outstanding genin in this generation. we have not seen the speed of Neji but from what we can see Gai was pretty big on taijutsu training and being a Taijutsu user himself Neji has to be very fast. Neji's chakra rotation would block saskue's long range jutsu even the chidori sword becuase its made of chakra and the rotation repels chakra. Sakue could keep running but he would not be able to hit neji and who knows if genjutsu( more specifically doujutsu) works on byakugan users
    Neji admits that saskue is a formidable foe but that in no way shows he concedes to him. Neji respects saskue's power after the time skip not fears him.
    you are right neji's analytical skills are good but from what we've seen of sasuke we can say that his analytical abilities are close to shikamaru's which is saying something. if neji is so fast then why was lee's strategy to defeating neji learning to open the gates and using primary lotus. the point of opening the gates was to increase lee's speed enormously, so if neji is fast wouldn't that strategy be pretty stupid. if neji's kaiten is so high and mighty then why did he get pierced by the arrow of kidomaru (the spider guy). the arrows were made of chakra weren't they but they still found a way to pierce the kaiten.

if that's possible then i'm gonna go with sasuke's chidori sword being capable of doing the same. i'm still gonna stick with the idea that sasuke's dojutsu genjutsus can get neji because chiyo said that in a one on one battle with an uchiha you would lose because of their genjutsus. finally sasuke is fighting on par with itachi as of now so again i'm gonna say in a fight with sasuke and neji, sasuke would come out the victor.

CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

i think you helped to prove the point for me you would need to open the chakra gates in order to defeat Neji with that high of a speed i dont think sharingan or byakugan can react. i aint sayin saskue's speed hasn't improved exponentially but at the time Neji was on par with rock's speed without the gate that proves neji is fast. and also recal Neji was peirced because kaiten could not be used for he would get bound by kidomaru's web

Quote Originally Posted by Neji da REAL SHOTTA View Post
    i think you helped to prove the point for me you would need to open the chakra gates in order to defeat Neji with that high of a speed i dont think sharingan or byakugan can react. i aint sayin saskue's speed hasn't improved exponentially but at the time Neji was on par with rock's speed without the gate that proves neji is fast. and also recal Neji was peirced because kaiten could not be used for he would get bound by kidomaru's web
    well sasuke's speed is pretty much lee's speed when he opened all the gates that he could open. so regardless of how fast neji is i doubt he can outmatch sasuke in speed. the speed sasuke gained is abnormal according to tsunade so i'm pretty sure neji doesn't out match sasuke in speed. how do we know that neji's speed was on par with rock lee's speed without the gate. and also recal Neji was peirced because kaiten could not be used for he would get bound by kidomaru's web that's not true. he was pierced because kidomaru found out his weakness the byakugan's blind spot.
    Last edited by iron_maiden; 01-21-2008 at 03:52 AM.

CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

Neji couldn't use the Kaiten to defend because Kidoumaru's webs were stopping the spin. That was ch. 195.

thank you afro thunder but any ways if neji's speed wasn't on par with rock's then jus like you said what would be the point of lee learning to open the gates if he was already faster in his normal form he wouldnt need the strain to open the gates. how could saskue be as fast as Rock when he opens his gates. that would cause extreme strain on the body i do admit saskue is super fast i am just saying neji has to be somewhere close to his. i admit we would have to see neji fight to see his new strengths

Is quisnam nihilum vincet atticus's Avatar
    i thought that when they said "genius" in naruto they were talking about their ability to learn jutsus and use them not on their actual intellectual ability (such as shikamaru) but that was just my take on it

Quote Originally Posted by atticus View Post
    i thought that when they said "genius" in naruto they were talking about their ability to learn jutsus and use them not on their actual intellectual ability (such as shikamaru) but that was just my take on it
    Well they are arguing it that way, that neji is really versatile in justus and what not. As to whether Byakugan can match against Sharingan, it depends since they were said to be branched off of each other something could be negated. However, from the looks (lol) of it, Byakugan only gives the user more insight, and does not seem to affect the user's perception on genjutsu, so Sasuke's sharingan most likely would have the upperhand against Neji's byakugan.

its hard to say i dont really see an advantage of the sharingan over the byakugan the sharingan's power to see what moves the opponents will make is truly helpful but the byakugan also senses whatever moves in its 360 degree radius of vision. Saskue wouldn't be able to do long range attacks without neji seeing what he will do. unless he is that far away from the radius which in turn might be disadvantegeous to saskue. i mean byakugan can sense subtles in the way a person behaves and translate that into what they are thinking in a sense they would decipher what you were gonna do but not to the extent of the sharingan sharingan users are mostlikely immune to genjutsu because they can see through them but the piercing vision of the byakugan surpasses taht of the sharingan but thats my opinion being that the byakugan can see through anything.