Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 60
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by redzero00 View Post

    I think Shanks is Ace's dad because:

    3) When Shanks heard about Ace fighting Blackbeard, he pleaded with Whitebeard to call him back. He even went so far as to clash sword with polearm with Whitebeard.

    Like to know what everyone else thinks!
    Nah this is not just a concern with Ace. Shanks know that Blackbeard is too strong for Ace he even scratch Shanks w/o the Df ability before... Shanks want to recall Ace coz he know that battle will trigger something big like a war between Pirates and WG...

    Quote Originally Posted by danof76 View Post
    I think it's a cool theory, but I have one solid reason to believe that Ace is Garp's grandson:

    They both fall asleep at wildly inappropriate times (less hilariously known as narcolepsy).

    Can't wait to see Dragon doze off in the middle of some powerful revolutionary speech or something.
    Your absolutely 100% right. beside Luffy, Dragon and Ace both have Black Hair Garp have gray coz hes old Shanks a red doesnt make sense to me of a relation to Ace.


    Spoiler!

  2. #22
    Shanks can't be Ace's dad, that's 4 sure cu'z Shanks is 37 and Ace is 20(u do the math)? unless Shanks was a pimp when he was younger.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Whales Vagina
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladenet View Post
    i think ace is luffys brother something like that.
    but i dont think shanks is so close bloodrelated to ruffy.

    i think the D.'s is a very large splited family.
    afaik is blackbeart also a D. and i cant think of beeing him something close to ruffy.

    i would more say after Gol D. Roger the Family splitted around the world.
    from one part of the family came Luffys Grandfather, from one the Father of Shanks and one person from another part became Blackbeart.

    it could be that the Family D. crossed around the World to Rule the part where they life.

    Gol D. Roger ruled the Grandline ofcouse and 4 other near family member could be sended out to the north, south, east and westblue to rule them.

    so the characters would be related, but not realy close. just the D. in their names tells about their true identety

    hmmm, yeah, so i think they are related, but who knows, just oda can tell us how it is realy.


    PS: Sry, im german so my english is..... pretty bad :X
    Just so you know D. is like a middle initial not the last name i mean regular humans probably aren't related to giants like the one that was friends with robin before her island was destroyed by buster call.

    I also have a feeling that if Ace and Luffy are related they are only half brothers or cousins because of the last name. I don't think they have the same father because of the different last names. It is also possible that they are cousins that consider each other brothers, that would explain the falling asleep thing. Ace could just be Luffy's aunts son (Garps daughter) that way his last name would be different and that would explain Garp mentioning training Ace too.
    ------------------------------------------
    Just thought of something that is really like grasping at straws, but Ace could have been born or brought to that village where Luffy was by his mother. then Shanks could have been going to visit him when Garp asked him to keep an eye on Luffy too. If that were true maybe Shanks never told Ace he was his father and wanted to stay out of his life, so Garp's request could have been his cover for wanting to see Ace without interfering with his life.

    but then again more than likely Ace and Shanks aren't related and this whole theory is shite.
    Last edited by Andytheass; 01-22-2008 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  4. #24
    ace.JPG

    shanks2.JPG <===== You telling me you dont see the resemblance?

    uh to the guy above me

    1. True D. is a middle name shared by alot of characters in One Piece like as you said Jaguar D. Saul the giant. However, its pretty obvious Oda is setting it up as something big and most definitely related in some way to Gol D. Roger. Thats precisely why im saying Shanks in all likelyhood has a D. somewhere in his name.

    2. And yes it is possible that Luffy and Ace are cousins but i think because its been kept so dam ambiguous, them considering each other brothers but have two distinctly different family name, i think theres more to it than that. i.e. A Shanks - Ace relationship

    3. We already know Ace lived in Luffy's village and left 3 years before him. I still dont think he was born there though. And what do u mean when you say "Garp's request". I still dont understand where you stand with this your pretty much all over the place.

  5. #25
    Dragon Slayer
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26
    Check my attachments.
    You're telling me you don't see the resemblance?
    Serious Luffy looks much alike Roger, but Luffy is Dragon's son. What I really mean is - the resemblance proves nothing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #26
    i have to go w/ Sirius resemblance doesn't prove anything look at Cobra and Vivi they dont look like father and daughter. Besides there are a lot of character that look alike like Tbone and the zombie that have Zoro's shadow and Luffy looks more related to Ace than Shanks!


    Spoiler!

  7. #27
    Luffy for President! Drago Musevini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Who cares...
    Posts
    86
    its doubtful that shanks is ace's father.
    ace is what, about 20years old? twenty years before, shanks was just a kid, along with buggy on Rogers ship.. you're telling that he was a father back then? .. not likely.

    also, Ace is Luffy's brother...as u know, brothers have the same father.. so ace's father is Dragon.

  8. #28
    Scanlator [Cross]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,962
    Quote Originally Posted by jupzter View Post
    i have to go w/ Sirius resemblance doesn't prove anything look at Cobra and Vivi they dont look like father and daughter. Besides there are a lot of character that look alike like Tbone and the zombie that have Zoro's shadow and Luffy looks more related to Ace than Shanks!
    Ace could have resembled his mother rather than Shanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by zeke43 View Post
    Shanks can't be Ace's dad, that's 4 sure cu'z Shanks is 37 and Ace is 20(u do the math)? unless Shanks was a pimp when he was younger.
    That would mean that Shanks was 17. That seems like a viable age.

    Not to confuse people, but I'm against this theory. For one, I would have to go with simple genetics. Unless it skipped a generation, Ace's hair does not seem to have the same color as Shanks' (clearly) In the case that it did skip a generation, then I'll move onto my next point. Since Shanks seems to have known Luffy as a child, it would make sense that he also knew Ace, since they were brothers. Therefore, he cares about Ace just like he cares about Luffy, which is the reason as to why he was talking to Whitebeard about Ace's safety. As to whether Luffy and Ace are biological brothers, that could be debated, but it can also be supported by the fact that the family (Luffy, Ace, Garp) have similar mannerisms, such as the aforementioned narcolepsy, which Shanks does not seem to have by the way. So I am still not convinced that Shanks could be related to either Luffy or Ace.

  9. #29
    actually Shanks is not just concerned w/ Ace's safety. theres still another reason He may predicted that the fight between BB and Ace will lead to something big like war between WG and Pirates.


    Spoiler!

  10. #30
    Uh i dont get it, why would 2 pirates (Ace and Blackbeard) fighting each other (as they do) destabilise the world...Blackbeard wasnt a Shickibukai yet and im pretty sure its only because of this fight he becomes a Shickibukai. And you know the WG and the pirates have been at war since the start...but its not like they're all gonna band together or anything...its just not their way. This fight doesnt mean anything like that. Thats why im saying Shank's concern is for Ace alone. And ppl still seem to be a bit confused at what im getting at. I think Ace and Luffy arent brothers. I think Luffy's dad is most definitely Dragon. And i think Shanks is Ace's dad.

    this is mostly directed at Drago Musevini when he said

    "Ace is Luffy's brother...as u know, brothers have the same father.. so ace's father is Dragon"

    Yea...bad reasoning
    ------------------------------------------
    And to Lord_Sirius, those pics dont even resemble each other that much, its only the smile thats similar - nothing else. And u pulled those pics from the anime, how often have we seen Luffy smile like that in the actual manga.

    Oh and jupzter, Tbone and Zoro's shadow body may look alike but then again Tbone looked like a Zombie while Zoro's shadow body was a zombie. Its like saying a guy dressed in a gorilla suit looks like a real gorilla.
    Last edited by redzero00; 01-24-2008 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •