Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Well what we do know is - Shanks has some connection to Ace, one that would cause him to attack his captain. Garp doesnt seem to have too much of a concern for Ace. And I think the timing fits - Shanks visits Luffy's town, leaves without his son so he can have a pirate free life, Ace trains hard to be recognised, joins up with Whitebeard - a major contender and rival Yonkou to Shanks.

I just think it fits perfectly.
    ------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendoki View Post
    Damn, beat me to it!

I don't think Shanks is related to Luffy in any way, though.
    Uh i think ur a lil confused at what im getting at. I think Luffy is not related to Ace or Shanks but that Ace is. Dragon is most definitely Luffy's dad...
    Last edited by redzero00; 01-19-2008 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I wouldnt say "PERFECTLY".

There wasn't any mention of Ace because of all the commotion that was going on. Garp trained Luffy to be a MARINE. He did not train Ace so he doesn't really mind what he's doing because he followed his own path to seek power.

Also just because we didn't see concern, because he didnt mention him, doesnt mean he doesnt care. There were bigger events going on at the momment like the after effect Ennie's lobby.

Think about it, Garp was only there for a few minutes, its not like he sat down for hours. Hey how are you Luffy, Hows Ace, Hows blah blah. It was a brief momment.

Actually i take back what i said there was a mention of Ace but a very cryptic one.

"In the end i entrusted him to a friend of mine and trained him with Ace, but as soon as i took my eyes on him this happened"

NOTE: that last bit was a reference to Luffy.

So you're saying Garp should have said something like that? Im not quite clear on what you're saying.

No...this is actually what Garp said. Chk out chapter 432 page 4.

Oh snap so he did train Ace(That part must have slipped my mind)...Well ok I accept the possibility that Ace and Luffy might not be related, but I dont accept the fact that Ace and Shanks are related.

I think it's a cool theory, but I have one solid reason to believe that Ace is Garp's grandson:

They both fall asleep at wildly inappropriate times (less hilariously known as narcolepsy).

Can't wait to see Dragon doze off in the middle of some powerful revolutionary speech or something.

i think ace is luffys brother something like that.
    but i dont think shanks is so close bloodrelated to ruffy.

i think the D.'s is a very large splited family.
    afaik is blackbeart also a D. and i cant think of beeing him something close to ruffy.

i would more say after Gol D. Roger the Family splitted around the world.
    from one part of the family came Luffys Grandfather, from one the Father of Shanks and one person from another part became Blackbeart.

it could be that the Family D. crossed around the World to Rule the part where they life.

Gol D. Roger ruled the Grandline ofcouse and 4 other near family member could be sended out to the north, south, east and westblue to rule them.

so the characters would be related, but not realy close. just the D. in their names tells about their true identety

hmmm, yeah, so i think they are related, but who knows, just oda can tell us how it is realy.

PS: Sry, im german so my english is..... pretty bad :X

Danof76 makes a good point. Forgot all about the narcolepsy thing all 3 of em have [Luffy, Garp, Ace]. Oh well i stick by my theory!

Dragon Slayer
    Quote Originally Posted by redzero00
    Shanks visits Luffy's town, leaves without his son so he can have a pirate free life
    I doubt that - we couldn't see Ace in Luffy's flashback's of knowing Shanks as kid. If Ace were Shanks's kid he would be sitting next to Luffy in the pub. Moreover, don't you think that Shanks would place his hopes in his own son than in Luffy?

Quote Originally Posted by Bladenet
    i would more say after Gol D. Roger the Family splitted around the world.
    from one part of the family came Luffys Grandfather, from one the Father of Shanks and one person from another part became Blackbeart.
    Gol D. Roger was executed about 20 years before current date. If he was alive he would be at Garp's age.
    Maybe I am wrong but I think that Roger was beaten by Garp.
    Shanks who I think has about 35 years now as a 15 years old pirate was Roger's one of subordinates.
    Anyway, sorry Bladenet, but your theory is wrong.