Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Talking Red Hair Shanks = Portgas D. Shanks

Ok i dont know if anyone's ever posted a thread with the same theory but here it goes =].

I think Shanks is Ace's dad because:

1) Luffy considers Ace to be a or like a brother to him. Could that be because while Shanks was still in town he brought along his son with him and they got to know one another? We're also pretty sure Ace isnt Luffy biological brother. But what we do know is that Ace left Luffy's hometown 3 years before he did. Mayb Shanks left him there because he didnt want Aceto have the pirates life. Perhaps thats why he joined up with Whitebeard instead of Shank's crew.

2) Shank's complete name has been kept from us since the start. And we all know that all the big condenders for One Piece has "the will of D". Monkey D. Luffy, Marshall D. Teach, Portgas D. Ace, Monkey D. Dragon, [theres alot more but we'll stick with what we got]. I just think its more than a lil likely that Shanks has a D. somewhere in his name.

3) When Shanks heard about Ace fighting Blackbeard, he pleaded with Whitebeard to call him back. He even went so far as to clash sword with polearm with Whitebeard.

4) Ace does look alot like Shanks [cept with the absence of red hair and having freckles]

5) Portgas D. Shanks has a nice ring to it xP [weak point haha]

Like to know what everyone else thinks!

hahaha that's a awesome theory definitley one of the more original ones if Oda made that happen I wuldn't be dissapointed nice one dude

that'd be kinda cool to tell you the truth, unlike Naruto not a whole lot of people in the One Piece world are related to each other and having two reeally strong guys being a father and son team would be tight. Nice theory, Shock approves
    A pie in the sky?

Wait, where did you get this "we're pretty sure Ace isnt Luffy biological brother"? I don't remember seeing this anywhere in the manga

Besides, to me Ace looks a lot more like Luffy than like Shanks.

Last Time I checked Monkey D.Dragon was his father
    But IF anything Shanks is Luffy's uncle b/c of how Luffy's grandfather treated him (he's probably like omg my son and grandson are pirated the shame!!!!!!!!)
    Last edited by Vash812; 01-19-2008 at 02:05 AM. Reason: I needed to add

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    Wait, where did you get this "we're pretty sure Ace isnt Luffy biological brother"? I don't remember seeing this anywhere in the manga

Besides, to me Ace looks a lot more like Luffy than like Shanks.
    I agree with Kron, even though its a nice theory, you dont really have hardcore evidence to show some(besides those minor things) real proof that can lead to a relationship between Shanks and Ace.

Yes Shanks told Whitebeard to call back Ace, but dont you think he was thinking of Luffy instead(because that is his brother)?

Also Anime characters tend to look similar in facial features especially if you remove the hair color(and freckles in this case).

Well i was only referencing the differences in their names, Monkey D. & Portgas D.. Considering that we never get to see a flashback or a look at Ace in the earlier chapters im assuming that Oda intentionally kept this as a lil surprise for us.

Last Time I checked Monkey D.Dragon was his father
    Damn, beat me to it!

I don't think Shanks is related to Luffy in any way, though.

Oh and also - When Garp visited Luffy im pretty sure there wasnt a single mention of Ace.

i.e mayb thats a clue that they're not really biologically family

I edited my post back there btw.

Also Yeah, I think Shanks is a random pirate that happened to meet Luffy and Ace.
    Not everyone has to be related just because they are strong.

If Shanks did have a D. in his name, someone would have mentioned it by now, Since he is an Emperor of the New World