Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Could be because when evaluationg Naruto's own power he is not as strong (wtih out the Kyuubi) as Saskue is with the Sharigan??? and Not everyone knows the full power of the Kyuubi.... and outside of the Leaf Village, Atkskuki (sp.) and Hebi, who else knows he has the Kyuubi???

Sasuke is still strong without his Sharingan, Naruto isn't strong without Kyuubi.

Think of it this way: You're playing MGS3, you wander around avoiding minions, finding items and what-not, then you get to The End. No matter how much you try you just can't beat him. You then give me the PS2 controller and I kill him. Did you win the fight? No. I did. Just because I used your PS2 to do it doesn't mean you should get the credit. The same applies to Kyuubi. Naruto's body is the PS2, Naruto's mind is the first player and Kyuubi is the talented player.

Also, Sasuke was born with the Sharingan. If you think that's akin to Kyuubi then I guess Naruto shouldn't get credit if he wins a fight using his large chakra reserves. What about all of Neji's fights? he won them all using his kekkei genkai, does that mean he sucks?

By the way, I consider the Curse Seal to be an external power source as it's not natural to Sasuke's body, unlike his Sharingan. Really, saying a kekkei genkai is an external power source is like saying the Thorpedo is a cheater because he has big feet.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    blood is thicker than water. luffy cant swim in water. theres some logic in there
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy
    coincident

Quote Originally Posted by Wafflenet View Post
    Sasuke is still strong without his Sharingan, Naruto isn't strong without Kyuubi.

Think of it this way: You're playing MGS3, you wander around avoiding minions, finding items and what-not, then you get to The End. No matter how much you try you just can't beat him. You then give me the PS2 controller and I kill him. Did you win the fight? No. I did. Just because I used your PS2 to do it doesn't mean you should get the credit. The same applies to Kyuubi. Naruto's body is the PS2, Naruto's mind is the first player and Kyuubi is the talented player.

Also, Sasuke was born with the Sharingan. If you think that's akin to Kyuubi then I guess Naruto shouldn't get credit if he wins a fight using his large chakra reserves. What about all of Neji's fights? he won them all using his kekkei genkai, does that mean he sucks?

By the way, I consider the Curse Seal to be an external power source as it's not natural to Sasuke's body, unlike his Sharingan. Really, saying a kekkei genkai is an external power source is like saying the Thorpedo is a cheater because he has big feet.
    it's like you took the words out of my mouth.

CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

Quote Originally Posted by Wafflenet View Post

I agree with this about 95%, good analogy using the PS2 also hehe. Jiraiya even says that after 3 tails the Kyuubi takes over and Naruto is basically just a skeleton for the kyuubi chakra to use, I still think he is losing some control when he goes into his 1st-3rd tail judging from the time Kakashi saw him with the first tail and Naruto attacked him. His anger makes him lose control and the Kyuubi chakra then starts getting a mind of its own, the Kyuubi's mind, since Kyuubi is sealed in Naruto not just his chakra, so naruto is slowly losing his mind to Kyuubi because he cannot control his anger and Kyuubi takes advantage of that.

But on the Curse Seal stuff the way I looked at it was that Orochimaru developed a sort of serum "8 gates" but this version is in the form of an actual demon and not a red dork. The CS lets you use your own power at full blast the more you unlock it, its still Sasuke's body, the wings and everything, but the serum injected into him allowes him to controlledly release his "gates" and use more strength that normally wouldn't be possible since pain and other factors limit the body from going all out, which is why there is also the risk of using CS which is that it kills you or you start losing you mind or both/something.

Well what I think anyways but like your idea too lol.
    A pie in the sky?

Lost in fathomed infinity Freakshow's Avatar
    It`s so dumb when they make the main charakter so useless and whinie little wh*re.

With all these cool characters like Orochimaru and Akatsuki and Jiraya and so on, and then we have the lamest ninja, Naruto, - no talent, no looks, no intelligence, and hey he whynes allot too.!!! And the whole plot is called Naruto?? :S

No offense but Naruto sucks, not the series but the character. And sasuke is stealing all the attention. And I hate Sasuke because, hes such irritating attention wh*re who does not respect the people who risk there lives to save the brat and his all busy hunting his own family member, and he knows he don't have a f*cking chance at beating him.

there! I said it!
    Last edited by Freakshow; 01-16-2008 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Freakshow View Post
    It`s so dumb when they make the main charakter so useless and whinie little wh*re.

With all these cool characters like Orochimaru and Akatsuki and Jiraya and so on, and then we have the lamest ninja, Naruto, - no talent, no looks, no intelligence, and hey he whynes allot too.!!! And the whole plot is called Naruto?? :S

No offense but Naruto sucks, not the series but the character. And sasuke is stealing all the attention. And I hate Sasuke because, hes such irritating attention wh*re who does not respect the people who risk there lives to save the brat and his all busy hunting his own family member, and he knows he don't have a f*cking chance at beating him.

there! I said it!
    well lemme ask you this question then. which would you rather have ,naruto winning every single battle single handedly without breaking a sweat or naruto winning every battle with the help of friends and having to work his ass off. i think the second choice is the better choice simply because it makes for a good story. i just started reading dragon ball and lemme tell you i'm getting really sick and tired of goku winning every battle with little effort. he fought kemi sennin in some tournament and he copied some of the moves that took the sennin ages to learn.

he trained for only three days and he increased his ki by 2 fold. i mean that's not really interesting. but naruto on the other hand yea he's weak but he still wins with the help of his friends and that makes the story interesting. it shows that even though naruto is the main character he can't handle everything by himself.

i hate naruto(the character) a lot because he's weak but i know in the end he'll get stronger and that's really what i'm looking forward to. i just pray he doesn't get uber powerful as a result of him learning to control the kyuubi cuz that would suck ass. oh and by the way the reason why kishi had to make sasuke so strong is simply cuz he's gonna fight itachi. i mean imagine sasuke being as strong as current naruto and then thinking of fighting itachi. he would just get whooped in two seconds.

i don't want a hero that wins easily...but i like a hero who's growth is remarkable

here you go,have a nice reading
    how can this fight influence the plot
    Recommendations : GOTH / Kara No Kyoukai
    Asian Movies Requests / MPD Psycho
    [Nigihana.com] / [Cyber12.com]

Oh Yes...! There Will Be Blood

Quote Originally Posted by mgsplayer View Post
    i don't want a hero that wins easily...but i like a hero who's growth is remarkable

here you go,have a nice reading
    how can this fight influence the plot
    that's pretty much how i see it too. i don't want naruto to win his battles really easily but i want him to have to work his arse off to do so or with the aid of his friends.

I personally have always considered the Kyubbi as a part of naruto, just as much as say his left arm. Though its annoying when Naruto gets mad and loses control of Kyubbi, but amazing to watch the devastation he incurs.

Also, anyone else have the feeling Naruto is going to pull some crazy controlled Kyubbi technique out of nowhere, that he learned while training with Jariaya?

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaidenlive22 View Post
    naruto on the other hand yea he's weak but he still wins with the help of Kyuubi
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaidenlive22 View Post
    i hate naruto(the character) a lot because he's weak but i know in the end he'll get stronger and that's really what i'm looking forward to.
    I've been waiting for that since the Mist arc, it has yet to happen. That's not to say he hasn't received lots of power-ups, they're just all one-offs or amazing-come-out-of-nowhere-and-increase-his-power-ten-fold powerups. Where's the talent? =(

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    blood is thicker than water. luffy cant swim in water. theres some logic in there
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy
    coincident